• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breaking Point

Blackace

♥ Final Fantasy XIII
448.png

Genesis

A well-trained one can sense auras to identify and take in the feelings of creatures over half a mile away.

It all began here with this Pokemon Lucario. I want to make another team as my last team was terrible I just couldn't adapt to the balance style and was to use to offensive to really free at home. However when sat down and began to ponder what kind of Pokemon I wanted to base my team around I began to get a few ideas.

• Not weak to Stealth Rock.
    Not weak to Bullet Punch.
    Very dangerous late game.

I decided these were the structures I would work around, I immediately thought of three Pokemon which could:

376.png
448.png
395.png

I immediately took off Metagross as I recently made a team (Which failed) with Metagross and don't want to repeat the disaster and it isn't fun using a Pokemon you have used before hand. Also the only set that Metagross could really use in the kind of team I wanted was Agility Metagross and I really don't like them even if they are powerful and destructive.

448.png
395.png

Empoleon was a harder choice as I wanted to make a team centred it as well as Lucario. However I went with Lucario because of two reasons. It is one hell of a late game sweeper that really just slaps weakened Pokemon in the face. Secondly unlike Empoleon, Lucario doesn't mind if Toxic Spikes are missing (Of course he prefers it if it was there but won't be disadvantaged if they are not.) Also Lucario has better speed and Priority (Of course Empoleon has Aqua Jet but it has pathetic attack stat. Also Extreme Speed is so much more stronger.) Also finally Lucario looked better in my opinion and that was what made me choose Lucario.

Team so far.

448.png

Lucario@Life Orb
Nature:Adamant
Ability:Steadfast
Evs:252 Attack 252 Speed 6 Hit Points
Moves
●Close Combat
●Extreme Speed
●Crunch
●Sword Dance​

Then I wanted to find a partner for Lucario, something deadly strong and fast. I need it to be able to break or severely damage walls there was literally only two choices for me to choose from:

392.png
373.png

At first Infernape looked perfect at first not weak to Scizor's Bullet Punch only taking 12.5% from Stealth Rock each turn and able to break most physical walls. However once I looked past this positives I discovered Specially Based Infernape was no way able to take up the job. Firstly Infernape isn't able to touch Zapdos whilst it doesn't have enough power to knock out most Hippowdons with Grass Knot meaning Infernape the core with Lucario, Infernape the wall breaker goes down. Also Infernape can't touch Gyarados at all meaning that Bulky Gyarados is going to have a field day with my team.

However Salamence proved to work wonderfully. The amount of raw power that a Mix Salamence holds is scary. I also realised that Salamence and Lucario have perfect typing and Intimidate has saved Lucario's life many times. Whilst Salamence is severely hurt by Bullet Punch I found ways to work around that.

Team so far.
373.png

Salamence@Life Orb
Nature:Rash
Ability:Intimidate
Evs:216 Speed 210 Special Attack 84 Attack
Moves
●Draco Meteor
●Outrage
●Earthquake
●Flamethrower​

373.png
448.png

After noticing I had terrible weakness to Specially based Infernape I wanted either Starmie or Latias to cover the weakness. I eventually went Latias because she paired with Salamence could seriously deal some heavy damage especially with the double Draco Meteor going. I couldn't decide on which set to use it was a tie between Choice Specs for the raw power or Life Orb. At first Choice Specs seem to be doing well however it required me to predict to much and something I predict wrong therefore causing me to lose the game. When I switched over to Life Orb it was like a match made in heaven. Life Orb is like combining a weaker Choice Specs and freedom, Life Orb Latias was seriously wrecking. However after testing I noticed my team if set up on once would be destroyed as all my sweepers are so fragile I need a check for Dragon Dancing Salamence or Gyarados so I eventually switched Life Orb to Choice Scarf and also Tricking a wall like Blissey onto Seismic Toss gives Lucario the opportunity to set up.

Team so far.
380.png

Latias@Choice Scarf
Nature:Timid
Ability:Levitate
Evs:252 Special Attack 252 Speed 6 Hp
Moves
●Draco Meteor
●Thunderbolt
●Surf
●Trick​

380.png
373.png
448.png

Things were seriously looking nicely now. I also wanted to find a way to get rid of Steel typed Pokemon as most carry heavy bulk I especially wanted Magnezone, Metagross, Bronzong and Scizor dead. Those stuck out as the most important Steels to eliminate.

121.png
485.png

This was an extremely hard choice both Starmie and Heatran have benefits. Starmie being faster and usually more suited to an offensive minded team it also had insane coverage especially with the "Bolt Beam" combo. Heatran had more resistances and had a strong attacking stat and also carried around Explosion it definitely wasn't as faster and I wasn't going to put a Choice Scarf on it as Latias already carried one and also it doesn't draw Dark, Rock, Normal, Ice, Grass, Bug, Ghost, Dragon or Steel typed moves (Lucario resists those types.) It rather attracted unwanted Waterfalls or Earthquakes. Heatran however could take Scizor's U-Turns all day and unlike Starmie's Surfs Fire Blast always OHKOS Scizor and whilst Starmie resists Steel a Choice Band Bullet Punch with Stealth Rocks up will hurt so in the end Heatran was chosen.

Team so far.

485.png

Heatran@Life Orb
Evs:252 Special Attack 252 Speed 6 Hp
Moves
●Explosion
●Fire Blast
●Earth Power
Hidden Power

485.png
380.png
373.png
448.png

Now I look at my team and the last choice was obvious: Scizor. My team lacked priority completely and Scizor's Bullet Punch would do just fine. It not only will that make my team completely immune to Toxic Spikes and have three members immune to Sand storm. What got me questioning was if I should either use a specially bulky Scizor or the standard Scizor set.

Team so far.

212f.png

Scizor@Choice Band
Ability:Technician
Evs:248 Hit Points 242 Attack 20 Speed
Moves
●Superpower
●U-Turn
●Bullet Punch
●Pursuit

212f.png

Scizor@Choice Band
Ability:Technician
Evs:176 Attack 160 Hp 148 Special Defense 20 Speed
Moves
●Superpower
●U-Turn
●Bullet Punch
●Pursuit​

The standard Scizor set has a few advantages and a few disadvantages firstly it has 11 uses of Life Orb which usually doesn't get much but an advantage is still an advantage. The first Scizor can also switch into Stealth Rock more times than the Special Defense bulky Scizor. The Specially Defensive bulky Scizor is meant to take Draco Meteors and Surfs a lot better and spam U-Turns however having less Evs in Hit Points means physical attacks like Bullet Punch or Dragon Claw hurt more. In the end I decided to go with the standard Smogon set as it can take both physical hurts as well as special hits so that was chosen.

212f.png
485.png
380.png
373.png
448.png

Lead was actually the simplest choice both me and Kennisious agreed that Bulky Dual Screen Azelf would work perfect and it was an old and reliable lead I have been using and was glad to have it back on the team. However I didn't like one thing about my last Azelf it was how unreliable they were offensively. Explosion was good however it absolutely sucked against slower (Or faster) Pokemon with Substitute as after I blow up they set up another Substitute on that turn. Also Explosion is resisted (Obviously) by Ghost Pokemon so Pokemon like Rotom-H who I don't really want to send anything in because of Stealth Rock weakness or Will-O-Wisp or Thunderbolt I can use Azelf to hurt it. So looking at Azelf's movepool Psychic was pretty obvious it is a strong move that gets STABBed off a nice base 125 stat.

Team so far.

482.png

Azelf@Light Clay
Evs:248 Hit Points 252 Speed 10 Special Attack
Moves
●Psychic
●Stealth Rocks
●Light Screen
●Reflect​

dptr078.png
482.png
212f.png
485.png
380.png
373.png
448.png

Blackace

♥ Final Fantasy XIII
Meet the team.

482.png
212.png
485.png
380.png
373.png
448.png

BreakingPoint

So as stated above this team's play style is merciless and offense. I want to spam moves that do as much damage as possible and rely on resistances or immunities to allow me to switch in a Pokemon then to start spamming its most powerful move. Surprising for an offensive team I switch quite a lot maybe because I usually do get the prediction right and it usually works in my favor. Amazingly after building the team I noticed I had zero Pokemon weak to Toxic Spikes and only one Pokemon (Salamence) weak to Stealth Rock. Whilst this team does kind of revolve around a late game Lucario sweep anyone of the Pokemon (Apart from Azelf and maybe Latias) can really pull off a sweep or seriously dent the opponent's Pokemon. Momentum is a huge asset to my team and without it this team doesn't function nearly as well that is why Scizor's U-Turn is so important to me and probably the only move I use on him. I will gladly sacrifice a Pokemon if that means I won't lose momentum.

However the biggest downfall to my team is status especially (Paralysis and freeze!) Thunder Wave seriously cripples all my team. I usually let Azelf take the Thunder Wave and set up Stealth Rocks, Light Screen or Reflect if I haven't already and also Azelf is literally the only member in my team that can't hit hard or pull off a sweep.

But before you guys see my team I got a little something for old times sake.

Rhys29 said:
Let me explain. I was on Serebii and bored. I was looking at teams and there was one a mod who never rates had posted on but wasn't locked. I checked it out. This is what happened shortly after:
Rhys29 said:
Extremcario said:
Hey guys, please rate this team:

Empoleon
Salamence
Blissey
Rampardos
Umbreon
Gyarados.

Thanks. Oh and by the way, if you wanna battle me, my fc is 2106 5676 8980 and my name is Jimmy.
This is the best team my unworthy eyes have ever looked upon. I came in my shorts and was cleansed of my sins when I witnessed this team in all it's glory. And then I realized your name is Jimmy and the scrub exploded through my system like spontaneous combustion. As I lay in a puddle of my own ejaculant, gasping and wheezing in ecstasy, the answers of the universe poured into my mind telling me the meaning of life and describing the apocalypse in perfect detail. I managed to crawl back over to my laptop from my epiphany inducing sexual climaxes so I could tell you what your team did to me.

All I can say is this: thank you. Thank you for making your team and posting it for me to see. Thank you Extremcario.

I Present BreakingPoint

482.png
Azelf @ Light Clay
  • Ability : Levitate
  • Evs : 252 Speed 248 Hit Points 10 Special Attack
  • Ivs : 31.0.31.31.31.31
  • Timid Nature [+Speed, -Attack]
  • Moveset:
    • Psychic
    • Stealth Rock
    • Light Screen
    • Reflect
  • Why Azelf?:
    I needed a Pokemon that can lead strongly and help my team further down the track. I had a few choices such as Gliscor and Swampert however there well two slow Gliscor was nice but after laying Stealth Rocks he really has little point in an offense team that aims to hit hard but Roost and stall. I always hate how Swampert after laying Stealth Rocks becomes so useless and is switched in to take Dragon attacks over and over again. Also in my heart I wanted Dual Screens to allow my sweepers to hit hard and taking as little as possible. (Man that sounded queer..) Azelf really just shone out of the crowd, sporting great Speed and a nice Special Attack Base Power and also access to Light Screen and Reflect and Stealth Rock. Was it really that hard?
  • What does Azelf do?:
    Azelf is my lead and does a find job at that. Azelf's first priority is to set up either Reflect or Light Screen based on if the foe is physically or specially orientated. Then Azelf proceeds to lay up Stealth Rocks and after that (If the foe doesn't have Rapid Spinner) Azelf really becomes dead weight. Apart from the occasional Light Screen or Reflect during the match Azelf really doesn't get much show time apart from the first few moves. Azelf is also my first death fodder and the Pokemon that takes the stuff the rest of my team doesn't want to. I use Azelf to break Substitutes as I don't really care if it faints (See I use the correct Pokemon terminology.) It may seem from this description that Azelf is literally pointless but that is far from it Stealth Rocks and Dual Screen helps my team so much it is unbelievable.

[*]Evs, Nature and Ivs:
    • 252 Speed with Timid makes Azelf as fast as possible and tie against other Azelf leads.
    • 248 gives Azelf an odd number meaning it can switch into Stealth Rocks more.
    • I just randomly threw the leftover Evs into Special Attack.
    • 0 Attack because that means if Azelf is confused by Dynamic Punch or Confuse ray if it attacks itself it does less.

212.png
Scizor @ Choice Band
  • Ability : Technician
  • Evs : 248 Hit Points 242 Attack 20 Speed
  • Ivs : 31.31.31.31.31.31
  • Adamant [+Attack, -Special Attack]
  • Moveset:
    • Superpower
    • U-Turn
    • Bullet Punch
    • Pursuit / Quick Attack
  • Why Scizor?:
    With this team being so fragile I needed another check to Dragon Dancing Salamence and other dangerous threats able to run through my team like butter with a stat raise. Scizor was an easy choice a nice defensive typing and having the most dangerous priority in the game with insane attack and a healthy amount of bulk what isn't there to love about this beast? Scizor being a Steel type can also take Choice Spec or Choice Scarf Draco Meteors or Dragon Pulses and Pursuit it off for the knock out. It also provides me resistances to Dragon typed moves aimed at Salamence or Latias.
  • What does Scizor do?:
    Scizor is such an important Pokemon to my team and is literally the check to any and all fragile Pokemon in the OU tier. Scizor does three jobs for my team: Keeping the momentum, Knocking out weak or fragile Pokemon and finally Trapping and Pursuiting Pokemon that can't really hurt it. U-Turn probably has to be the best move in the game after Stealth Rock because of its solid Base Power and its nice effect of causing more switches which means more Stealth Rock damage and the greater the chance for mistakes. U-Turn is really the move I spam the most as well I don't want Scizor locked in Bullet Punch or Pursuit and then them unless it is essential. Also by U-Turning into a counter or check Scizor prevents Pokemon from setting up and taking out my fragile team it also eases the prediction tenfold. Scizor does it's second job better than anyone else in the OU Metagame, Bullet Punch is extremely powerful and takes out so many Pokemon and is my mini check to Salamence and other stat uppering Pokemon. Trapping and Pursuit is really only used on Latias and Choice Scarf Starmie, why Choice Scarf Starmie? Because it doesn't have the power like the Life Orb set and because Ice Beam and Thunderbolt tickle Scizor. Hydro Pump from a Choice Specs Starmie probably has the power to OHKO Scizor after Stealth Rocks. However even though I don't use Pursuit much when I do it is invaluable seriously however because I don't use it much I might replace it for Quick Attack as it also hits Starmie and Gyarados hard. So literally Scizor is the best support Pokemon a man can every ask for good bulk nice range of attacks and most importantly keeps the momentum on the team running liquid smooth.

[*]Evs, Natures and Ivs:
    • Adamant and 242 lets it hit hard with only reducing a few Evs which is needed elsewhere.
    • 248 gives it a negative number meaning its able to switch into Stealth Rock more and also 11 uses of Life Orb.
    • 20 Speed allows me to outspeed ALL versions of Scizor running Speed. Many people want to Superpower second as the opponent Scizor gets the Attack and Defense drop. However I would just switch into Salamence, Latias or Azelf and fire of a hit. So if the enemy Scizor has around 70% or under I can outspeed and Superpower first.
    • Max Ivs for maximum efficiency.

485.png
Heatran @ Life orb
  • Ability : Flash Fire
  • Evs : 252 Special Attack 252 Speed 6 Hit Points
  • Naive [+Attack, -Special Attack]
  • Moveset:
    • Explosion
    • Fire Blast
    • Earth Power
    • Hidden Power
  • Why Heatran?:
    Heatran was chosen because of its resistance to Stealth Rock and its ability to take Scizor's u-Turn all night and all day and its ability to seriously dent any team (If Fire Blast hits..) without Blissey. Heatran was also nice to have as Scizor and Heatran surprising work (Note: I switch Latias into Heatran's turn one to show them I don't have Heatran then later on switch into Heatran once everything is weakened or dead and let of a huge Fire Blast.) Heatran and Scizor also work great against Stall Teams as once Blissey is dead and since everything is slower than Heatran..Boy oh boy...Does Heatran have fun.
  • What does Heatran do?:
    Heatran is my slower version of Salamence except with a few positives firstly it doesn't have four times Ice weakness, Stealth Rock weakness and Explosion or Draco Meteor Special Attack drop. Heatran really only comes in when Scizor and Latias have cleaned up faster sweepers like Gengar or Gyarados and especially Blissey (Otherwise it would have to explode.) then seriously it absolutely wrecks havoc. Fire Blast destroys Physical walls that even resist Heatran like Hippwodon (71% - 83.8% to standard Physical wall Hippowdon), Gyarados (63.4% - 70.3% to standard Offensive Gyarados with Stealth Rocks), Tentacruel (37.0% - 41.3% With Fire Blast and Stealth Rocks and Earth Power does 48.9% - 57.7% note this is to standard Toxic Spiking Tentacruel.) So literally he is my end game sweeping tank once faster Pokemon are knocked out. I am very proud of this Heatran it does what it is suppose to and laughs at U-Turns and also Toxic Spikes whilst packing Explosion and such a hard hit. Where have you been all my life Heatran?

[*]Evs, Natures and Ivs:
    • Naive over Timid because of Explosion and I want max speed to outrun things as Heatran is slow and extra speed is nice.
    • 252 Special Attack is basic I want as much power as I can get.
    • 6 Attack is to slightly (Slightly) boost Explosion.

380.png
Latias @ Choice Scarf
  • Evs : 252 Special Attack 252 Speed 6 Special Defense
  • Ivs : 31.0.31.31.31.31
  • Timid [+Attack, -Special Attack]
  • Moveset:
    • Draco Meteor
    • Thunderbolt
    • Surf
    • Trick

• Why Latias?:
    I choose Latias because of the insane amount of resistances it brings it shares with Lucario. Also Latias fits well on an offensive team because of its very nice Speed and powerful Special Attack and its ability to use Draco Meteor a very powerful move just the hit and run type this team loves. Also with Surf and Thunderbolt I think it hits the whole Metagame for neutral damage which is perfect especially when running a Choice Scarf you don't want to let anyone get an easy set up. Latias is also nice Pursuit bait perfect for Lucario and its ability to cripple walls and tanks or just other sweepers with Choice Scarf.
  • What does Latias do?:
    Wow. Latias does so much for my team. She isn't really the main super star but kind of like the manager that allows the superstar to really shine. By removing fast threats from the field such as Gengar, Infernape, Heatran and most importantly +1 Gyarados and +1 Salamence. My rather slower team functions a lot more efficiently and a lot more destructive. Whilst without Life Orb Latias' Special Attack isn't as good as I would like it to be and I am some times disappointed by the amount of damage dealt. Latias is invaluable as she is just so fast and is my all important check to Salamence probably the most dangerous Pokemon in this Metagame right now. As mentioned above Latias also brings to this team great resistances and excellent moveset that (I think) hits everything in the Metgame for neutral.

● Evs, Natures and Ivs:
  • Naive over Timid because of Explosion and I want max speed to outrun things as Heatran is slow and extra speed is nice.
  • 252 Special Attack is basic I want as much power as I can get.
  • 6 Special Defense is so I get a odd Hit Point number so I can switch into Stealth Rocks more.
  • 0 Attack because that means if Azelf is confused by Dynamic Punch or Confuse ray if it attacks itself it does less.

373.png
Salamence @ Life Orb
  • Evs : 216 Speed 210 Special Attack 84 Attack
  • Rash [+Special Attack, -Defense]
  • Moveset:
    • Draco Meteor
    • Outrage
    • Fire Blast
    • Earthquake

• Why Salamence?:
    Like Latias Salamence has great resistances and works hand in hand with Lucario. At first I wanted something to be able to switch into all of Lucario's weakness and be able to fire an attack that would cripple the opponent or bring it low enough Lucario can pick it off without a Sword Dance. Salamence resists every of Lucario's weakness and Lucario resists everyone of Salamence's weakness. Add Intimidate and the raw power possessed by Salamence and Lucario has found his best friend. I also wanted a Pokemon that could hit hard with Special Attacks as nearly all of Lucario's counters are Physically defensive.
  • What does Salamence do?:
    The Colonel is here. Salamence is amazing and probably the most important Pokemon. (Maybe even more than Lucario.) Having nice bulk and excellent resistances slap on an Intimidate and you have a Pokemon that can take hits and fire them off without any regard for life. Salamence is an absolute monster and dents or destroys everyone of Lucario's counters with Draco Meteor. Draco Meteor is definitely the move I spam the most as it is the most powerful and Salamence is more of a hit and run Pokemon also without STABBed Fire Blast and Earthquake isn't that power to things that take neutral from it. Outrage is rarely used because I hate locking myself unless I already have the Special Attack drop and really need something gone or if Salamence is about to die and can't switch in or out because of Stealth Rocks. Fire Blast and Earthquake both really just serve as coverage whilst not used might I don't want to replace either for Roost as firstly I doubt I would find time to use Roost and secondly the sudden halt in momentum isn't worth it. Salamence is also my mini Lucario check with Intimidate and Earthquake. Salute the Colonel.

● Evs, Natures and Ivs:
  • Rash because I doubt with Stealth Rock Salamence is going to live any Ice Beams without a lot of Special Defense Evs. Also Scizor's Bullet Punch is a lot more threatening so I ran Defense over Special Defense.
  • This might look like the standard Mix Salamence Evs however I have changed it a little. I run 8 more Speed Evs to outspeed Salamences that run 4 extra to outspeed standard.
  • 210 Special Attack was dropped from 216 to accommodate for more Speed Evs
  • 84 I wanted the Attack Evs to be the same as well Salamence is a wall breaker and I didn't want the Special Attack stat to completely 100% outclass its attacking abilities. Also 84 Attack allows me to knock things out with a Draco Meteor taken previously (An example is Draco Meteor+Stealth Rocks followed up for two Outrages always knock out Blissey.)

448.png
Lucario @ Life Orb
  • Ability : Steadfast
  • Evs : 252 Attack 252 Speed 6 Hit Points
  • Adamant / Jolly [+Attack, -Special Defense]
  • Moveset:
    • Close Combat
    • Extreme Speed
    • Crunch
    • Sword Dance

• Why Lucario?:
    Thats like asking why the team? Everything in the team is centred around a Late Game Lucario sweep thus the need for heavy hitters so the opponent can't recover the damage. As stated above Lucario is probably the most dangerous late game sweeper and isn't affected by sandstorm and resists Bullet Punch and Extreme Speed whilst sporting an very solid attacking stat.
  • What does Lucario do?:
    Lucario slaughters that is what Lucario does. One Sword Dance late game spells Good Game 90% of the time and then I proceed to whack the opposite team with Close Combat and Extreme Speed over and over again. One thing I am not sure about is Adamant or Jolly. I been testing Jolly but haven't really outspeed anything I won't with Adamant but then I don't want to take it off beacuse that might be just what I need to secure the win next match. A few calculations from Smogon
    Smogon University said:
    ● Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Skarmory 84.4% - 99.7%
    ● Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Bronzong: 95.2% - 100% (67% chance to OHKO)
    ● Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Hippowdon: 75.7% - 89.3%
    ● Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Forretress: 79.7% - 93.8%
    ● Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Donphan: 82.0% - 96.9%
    ● Crunch vs. max HP / Def Cresselia: 63.5% - 74.8%
    ● Crunch vs. max HP Cresselia: 85.1% - 100% (2.6% chance to OHKO)
    ● Crunch vs. max HP / Def Dusknoir: 88.4% - 100% (21% chance to OHKO)
    ● Crunch vs. max HP / Def Celebi: 78.7% - 93.1%
    ● Crunch vs. max HP / Def Rotom - Appliance: 100%
Whilst this team revolves around a Lucario sweep I don't mind sacrificing it to pull of a strong hit so Salamence or Latias can finish the foe off with a Draco Meteor. There really isn't much to say everyone knows what Lucario does and Lucario doesn't really support the team he just..slaughters...

● Evs, Natures and Ivs:
  • As mentioned above I am still deciding between Adamant and Jolly right now I am going Adamant as well I haven't found Jolly helpful at all and the extra power gives me a lot more 2HKOs.
  • Max Attack for maximum damage.
  • Max Speed for maximum speed.
  • 6 Defense istead of Hit Points so I have an odd number meaning I can switch into Stealth Rocks more.
● Evs, Natures and Ivs:
  • As mentioned above I am still deciding between Adamant and Jolly right now I am going Adamant as well I haven't found Jolly helpful at all and the extra power gives me a lot more 2HKOs.
  • Max Attack for maximum damage.
  • Max Speed for maximum speed.
  • 6 Defense istead of Hit Points so I have an odd number meaning I can switch into Stealth Rocks more.

windsong

WEST SIDE
This team is good. Really good. I'll give you that.
In fact, I only see one weakness, and it isn't even all that glaring. You're weak to the same agiligross that you mention in your team building process. IcePunch/MeteorMash/Agility/Earthquake has potential to rip quite a large amount of this team to shreds.

The only thing that I can really think of to fix this might be adding a Rotom-A somewhere on the team. TBH, I'm not entirely certain where it would fit. Another option, however, might be swapping Mence for a Yache Berry Gliscor. This seems like it could work pretty well.

But other than that, this is one of the most solid teams that I've seen on Serebii in the time I've been rating teams in the RMT.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
CB scizor does not need quick attack so stick with pursuit. LO heatran doesn't take as much use of HP although go with grass if needed.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
CB scizor does not need quick attack so stick with pursuit. LO heatran doesn't take as much use of HP although go with grass if needed.

Blackace

♥ Final Fantasy XIII
What?

Heatran's Hidden Power is GRASS.

Yer I decided for Pursuit on Scizor.

I am also replacing Heatran with Rotom-H non scarfed version to help with Metagross weakness and to provide physical bulk.

;107;

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Oh! Why don't you just put HP grass rather than grass as green? It's confusing. HP fire may help latias deal with pesky steels. I agree that Square Enix music is awesome, by the way!

Eevee7ways

Sonica Boooom!
I could see Mamoswine being a major threat, being having se attacks against a major part of your team.

Blackace

♥ Final Fantasy XIII
No. Not at all.

Not to sound cocky or arrogant but I am a good player. I can predict around with Scizor and Salamence or Latias.

I really have to see what item its going and I am set. Intimidate on Salamence helps and so does Bullet Punch and Extreme Speed. Salamence and Latias outspeeds and eats Earthquake whilst Scizor, Lucario and Rotom eat Ice Shard or Earthquake (Yes I replaced Heatran for Rotom-H)

I can also let Azelf die to scout out its move whether its Choice Banded or Life Orbed.

Yer not a problem at all.

;107;

CreepacisT

Upcoming WiFi GOD
Rain dance Kingdra can beat your team fairly easily if your screens run out. The only solution I see without moving your team around is putting splode on Azelf and hope it can survive whatever Kingdra throws at it or maybe even switch one of the pokes for a hippow/tyranitar.

Awesome A

The Gameshark
I've said it in diff. threads (The one where Rhys29 and Blue Harvest were fighting but aren't anymore) and I'll say it here: Super Super Super Spam-the-top-10 standard teams like this one can't beat water types. This team is similar to my sig teams, and even that other team w/ Rhys and what not.

You are gonna have serious problems against things like Vaporeon and Starmie and Suicune and etc. etc. that refuse to die and keep coming back. Your best moves to kill them are the high-powered Dragon moves (Good luck getting them in safely, much less actually killing them w/o dying) and Heatran's HP: Grass. I don't have to explain why that won't ever work except on the switch in, which is marginal at best.

Point is, you will have trouble dealing with them, that's all.

Btw, Empoleon is a fantastic late game sweeper and absolutely shreds all teams without Blissey or a Bulky Water. By late game, most teams don't have a chance. It's bulky and can switch in well, has no weaknesses to priority moves, and does ridiculous damage with with good coverage. Check out the Agility Sub Petaya set if you haven't see it. I would definently argue it's better than Lucario.

I'd lose Salamence or Heatran to accomadate the Water type counter. Celebi is a nice safe choice, and can actually be pretty offensive.

AB2

cake cake cake cake
Problems:
DD Babiri Tar
Swords Dance Lucario

How to Fix:
First of all, DD Babiri Tar presents a huge threat to your team, and at first I thought Rotom-H could help, but then when I took a look at the damage calculations, I thought otherwise.

106.6% - 126.3% [Adamant Babiri Tar +1 Crunch vs. Defensive Rotom]
97.4% - 115.1%[Jolly Babiri Tar +1 Crunch vs. Defensive Rotom]

Even assuming you have a reflect up, it is still dealing a huge load of damage to your rotom. That is only assuming it got one DD in, if you are locked into outrage for three turns with salamence, then it will be able to get 2 DDs up.

Swords Dance Lucario also presents a problem to me as after an SD it can wreck havoc on a lot of your team. BTW, inner focus > steadfast on your Lucario all the way, a late-game scarf rachi is way too much of a threat to lucario to even think about flinching. Although, your own lucario could be somewhat of a check to other lucario, risking a speed tie to beat such a common late game sweeper is not a very wise thing to do anyways.

79.8% - 94%[Choice Scarf Latias vs. +2 Lucario's Ex-Speed]
60.4% - 71.3%[New Mixmence vs.+1 Lucario's Ex-Speed]

So what seem to be your main checks fall to an Ex-Speed from Lucaio, this is why I would suggest you change your rotom for something else. In order to fix this problem, I would suggest you take out Rotom/Heatran and put in Gliscor:

i_guraion_s.gif

Gliscor@Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Hyper Cutter
252Hp/40Atk/216Spe
~Swords Dance
~Earthquake
~Roost
~Baton Pass

Interestingly enough, this version of Gliscor can fit surprisingly well on this team as it has the ability to check DD babiri Tar, Metagross, and Lucario (which I also noticed was a threat to this team while typing this). Also, since you provide dual screens to your team you can even get off a swords danced baton pass to the likes of salamence or lucario when you are done.

Overall, very nice team, with obvious effort put into it. How long did it take you to do the presentation, much have been months. I said I would give my crap rate, and here it is. (chew)

p_poppo.gif

Last edited:

Blackace

♥ Final Fantasy XIII
Whilst Vaporeons and Swamperts are annoying they aren't hard to put down.

Draco Meteor from Salamence (Who can revenge kill or come in on Protect or Wish or Stealth Rock or Earthquake etc.)
Thunderbolt for Vaporeon and Draco Meteor for Swampert.
Close Combat from Lucario does actually a fair chunk to Vaporeon or Swampert.

Also since I have replaced Heatran for Rotom-H I can soak up Surfs and hit back with Discharge or Will-O-Wisp.

Not that hard.

Yes Rain Dance team do hurt this team all I really can do whilst the rain is up is to well predict and switch around but then again a lot of Offensive teams fall to rain. However once the rain stops falling. Boy oh boy, my turn.

:mad: APPPPPPPPLEEEEEEEEEEEEE :3

Anyway yer I put Gliscor over Rotom to try it out. I give you the results later. BASKETBALL GAME!

;107;

Last edited:

Awesome A

The Gameshark
Rotom-H does NOT soak up Surfs! It can't switch in to a Starmie more than twice!

It's very obvious you fail to see the problem, which I can assure you is there, and the examples you just gave have led me to believe you haven't extensively (I mean EXTENSIVELY) play tested this set up.

Gliscor makes the problem so much worse.

You are also making the painfully abundant mistake of assuming your opponents won't predict you. Wait till you face scary good players like GenEmpoleon and ImperfectLuck.

Now I'm going to address the 'solutions' you proposed.

Draco Meteor from Salamence can kill Swampert, but Vappy's will stick in and kill you. Also, you should never rely on an offensive Life Orb Salamence to stick around long. Even if you come in on a revenge kill, that's 25% damage to you, and they'll just switch. Not nearly enough at all.

Latias can switch in on Surfs best of all your team, but it will get predicted and hit with Ice Beams. Even then, your set isn't outrageously powerful and will not be able to 1HKO a full health Bulky Water.

Lucario is a terrible solution, it can't switch in at all and Swampert will just stay in and kill you. Don't say an unboosted Close Combat will hurt Swampert nearly as much as its Earthquake will hurt you. You're wrong. Vaporeon is not a defensive or offensive slouch either, and your prospects are not good in this match up.

Water types are your weakness, I can pull out math and stats and stuff if you need it.

Also, like all of your natures are written wrong. Heatran/Latias/Lucario specifically.

If you go Jolly on Lucario and use Crunch, you can outspeed all non-Scarf Rotom-H and Crunch them. It's definently a smart choice in my opinion.

(Also, when you said 'Not a problem', it ****** me the fuck off, which is why this may have been terse and rude. Sowwee)

Blackace

♥ Final Fantasy XIII
Awsome A: I agree with you. You shouldn't rely on a Salamence on staying around with Stealth Rock and Life Orb. However this team relies on sacrifice sometimes I can switch in Salamence on a Vaporeon after it kills something or I predict the protect. I Meteor and even if it predicts that and switches out well then I still destroy something then I can sacrifice Salamence to use a weakened Draco Meteor or an Outrage and allow something like Latias to revenege kill. However you are right it is risky as they could I don't know Ice Beam my Salamence on the switch in.

However I can't really change Rotom-H into Celebi otherwise well. Fire types own me and I can't trust having a Salamence and Latias as my fire resist as well they will predict me.

Celebi also makes it easier for Tyranitar to eat up me. However.... Tyranitar whilst is powerful I got Bullet Punch for it. I don't know what set to use however. Not another Choiced. Maybe a Bulky set with special attacks? I want some physical bulk to counter Metagross and etcetera.

I was thinking.
Leaf Storm
Hidden Power Fire
Earth Power
Grass Knot/U-Turn/Thunder Wave.

Thunder Wave whilst weird on an offensive team could help my rather "slower" team a lot.

By the way when you say Rotom-H can't take two Starmi's Surf. Arn't we talking about BULKY waters? Milotic, Swampert and Vaporeon and others upon those lines. As I can send in Latias to revenge kill with Draco Meteor and hurt anything that comes in or well I could use Scizor if I am desperate. Also Lucario gets a special mention of doing around 50% without Sword Dance using Extreme Speed.

.;107;

Last edited:

Awesome A

The Gameshark
Awsome A: I agree with you.

You best :p

However this team relies on sacrifice sometimes I can switch in Salamence on a Vaporeon after it kills something or I predict the protect. I Meteor and even if it predicts that and switches out well then I still destroy something

Relying on sacrifice is fine, but your sacrifices aren't sure deals. With this strategy, you're throwing your Mence away. You can't just blast Draco Meteors and expect to hurt things no matter what. They will switch in a SpD Scizor, a Scarf Jirachi, a [Insert Steel Threat Here]. Then, you are forced out and killed. SO, you managed to switch in to an enemy water type (Taking 25% damage + a Surf) risking an Ice Beam and death. Then, they switched, and you did moderate but on the weak side to their counter. Then, you were forced out or killed. So Salamence: 35% or death, enemy: a resisted shot.

I'm gonna go ahead and classify this as recklessness. You cannot, not, not, expect Salamence to serve as any sort of check to a Bulky Water. Unless the Vaporeon was weakened (Maybe coming in on a revenge kill?) it can probably survive the Meteor itself.

However I can't really change Rotom-H into Celebi otherwise well.

I said replace Heatran or Mence, you need to edit Rotom-H into the first post so people don't make this mistake :3 sowwee, if I had to pick one thing to go, it'd be Mence. He's great, but he's not useful defensively at all. Celebi might not be the best anymore either; you could use a Water type itself. Vaporeon with Hidden Power: Electric and Roar can counter every Water type there is (Including Crocune which could hurt this team if allowed to set up, and Sub Petaya Empoleon) with some success. Wish will also help out Rotom-H with his lack of recovery, and with his resistance to all of Vaporeon's weaknesses, switching between them is easy.

By the way when you say Rotom-H can't take two Starmi's Surf. Arn't we talking about BULKY waters?

Starmie not being 'Bulky' doesn't mean it's not a threat. It's even worse, because of its speed, coverage, and powerful attacks. You pretty much have trouble with Surf/Ice Beam combos. :(

Blackace

♥ Final Fantasy XIII
You are saying get rid of Salamence for Vaporeon?

Nop sorry.

This is an offensive team the sudden and weird vaporeon will screw everything up I would much much much rather put down a Starmie...

I think I go with Celebi

and thanks Awesome for contributing.

;107;

Awesome A

The Gameshark
Starmie would work fine, but offensive teams don't have to be 100% offensive. Vaporeon is just as offensive as Rotom-H. It also supports your team, and solves your weaknesses.

W/e, you make your choices. I've told ya what I know, and what can solves problems your team will have.

I can't wait for ff13 by the way, and final fantasy 10 was my favorite in the series.

:)

Blackace

♥ Final Fantasy XIII
I try Celebi for now.

FF is legendary.

FFX was my favourite until I read about FFXIII. But FFXIII Versus is going to be even better.

;107;