• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breaking Titles at the Chateau! (823)

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was satisfying to see Zakuro at the Battle Chateau as an early introduction, and Viola's return and match with him was enticing to watch, although if I'd been Viola, I would've used Vivillon instead of Ametama. Tesla versus Satoshi ending with Pikachu defeating Tesla's Yayakoma was quite predictable, but still intense.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Fun episode. Although the battles were short, it was nice to see Fletchinder in battle in the anime for the first time. Its animation sure makes me like it a lot more now than I did before. I really liked Viola vs. Grant and it was sweet to see Grant move up and Ash gain a ranking in the Battle Chateau.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Fun episode. Although the battles were short, it was nice to see Fletchinder in battle in the anime for the first time.

That reminds me of how fans thought that the Fletchinder was Ash's when we saw the 1st preview scan for this episode, only for it to belong to that one kid.

Janovy

Banned
I remember when this episode first aired, many people (including myself) hoped that Tomioka writing it meant we would get more Battle Chateau in the future.

Alas, wasted potential. Would have given XY some well-needed tournament arcs.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wish Citron and/or Serena had gotten a chance to battle at the Battle Chateau here, but it seems as if Viola versus Zakuro happening took up too much time, so we couldn't watch Satoshi's friends compete.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Typical XY episode where Ash is the only one doing the battling while everyone else watches in the background.
Serena should have at least tried out the Battle Chateau since she wanted to go there.
5/10

I thought that those two brothers rapping was annoying. I'm a little disappointed that it was Serena and Bonnie that brought up the Battle Chateau and Serena seemed enthused for Ash. It would've been nice for her to want to challenge the place though. I'd imagine her fantasizing about being royalty, wearing pretty clothes or something, but instead, she just kept supporting Ash.