• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breaking Titles at the Chateau! (823)

Solidad used it (although I think it did damage) in her battle against May in the Kanto Grand Festival. Can't recall any other instances right now.

A Chatot owned by Officer Jenny in DP

phanpycross

God-king
Really, dusknoir went down after a single flame charge, come on this isnt sunkern, its a poke with base 150 defenses.

Grant looks like a pimp, in that getup, guess klefki used swagger, and it was supereffective.

7,5/10, Ash should have used his own fletchling.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Viola and Grant's battle made the episode imo; the rest of the stuff including Nikola and Tesla were forgettable in my opinion. Too bad that Ash's Fletchling didn't evolve either.

King Charizard

So when you win at the chateau you go up in rank? Something tells me we might see this again and Ash will get a higher rank. Makes no sense for Ash to leave at a fodder rank. Doesn't suit his personality at all.

Grant's Onix is epic and Ash showing Fletching and Froakie the battle is foreshadowing a possible three on three match.

RVD_fan

Pretty good episode although I would've liked to a bit more out of the first battle. especially when you've got a cool pokemon like Dusknoir. I liked the build-up for Ash vs. Grant and the COTDs were pretty decent.

Fletchling should've had that battle though, it's probably going to evolve soon and I feel like its barely done anything.

Rohanator

So when you win at the chateau you go up in rank? Something tells me we might see this again and Ash will get a higher rank. Makes no sense for Ash to leave at a fodder rank. Doesn't suit his personality at all.

Grant's Onix is epic and Ash showing Fletching and Froakie the battle is foreshadowing a possible three on three match.
If this is the only location of the Battle Chateau then I doubt we'll be seeing it again.

BlueDragonfangirl

This was one of my favorite X and Y episodes, top three at best :)

Loved Ash in that outfit, he looked so cute in it :)

Seeing Ash in these type of battles are fun, hope to see some thing like that again. Maybe have it be lie those tournaments in the BW series :)

Also, really liked Ash x Viola's interactions, kind of ship it now :)

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
That 3 v 3 foreshadowing though. Viola was so pretty in this episode and SpiderGrant was quirky in a good way. Onix vs Surskit was good and Ash is a Baron. I'm pretty sure the Battle Chateau will be seen again. Great episode. 9/10

Torpoleon

Any notice the Legendary battle theme for XY was used, I don't think any of the Legendary battles themes were in the series from my knowledge.w
I think they might have used the Kyogre/Groudon music before, titled "Ancient Pokémon", or something like that. I thought it was cool that they added the music for the Kalos trio!

I loved the battle between Viola & Grant, especially with the remixed trainer music! The other battles were also kind of cool (especially with the music!). I'm hoping Ash sending out Froakie & Fletching means they'll be used in the battle, provided that means it is 3 on 3.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Honestly, I don't see a Ash having a shipping going on with either Viola or Alexa because I see them as being too old (18-22 at least) so if they either of them did have feelings for him, it'd be kind of taboo and frowned upon in most societies. That being said, I did enjoy their interactions here in this episode, though I felt it was more similar to either an older cousin's relationship to a younger cousin or someone who admires a kid for their skill and potential sort of like the big brother/sister program

wait was this the first time featherdance has been used in battle?

no im pretty sure some one used it before in DP

im surprised that featherdance was used since fletchling can not learn that move in the games

nuzamaki90

no im pretty sure some one used it before in DP

im surprised that featherdance was used since fletchling can not learn that move in the games

Pokemon Z Move Tutor confirmed

This episode is probably one of my top five of the saga so far. The character interactions were awesome and it's the little stuff that really gets me going, like Viola having her barrett, Grant climbing all over the place, Ash still having Pikachu's PokeBall after all these years, Nikola and Tesla being the Killer Bees of Pokemon, and the possibility of the Battle Chateau showing up again in the future.

The battles were also great, although Nikola VS Pharrel was a little short. Dusknoir being OHKO'd by Flame Charge was laughable and I'm surprised Pharrel even made it in the Chateau. Grant and Ash's battles were awesome and I'm really starting to understand what the Cyllage Gym summary was talking about regarding Onix's Rock Tomb. I thought it was using Stealth Rock but surprisingly it really uses Rock Tomb with rocks that huge, and Grant was literally controlling the battlefield without having Onix move an inch. Onix having Rock Polish also really made it stand out, and it's crazy how I'm starting to get excited to see an Onix in a gym battle.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I think Grant hanging off the ceiling in a suit pretty much destroyed my imagination of him being one of those serious Gym Leaders. lol It's how I thought of him in the games, but I'm not saying that I hate his personality. I actually really like it! :) I'm kind of glad they made Grant, as someone previously said, a bit quirky. :p Can't wait to see him in the Gym battle now!

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
This was one of my favorite X and Y episodes, top three at best :)

Loved Ash in that outfit, he looked so cute in it :)

Seeing Ash in these type of battles are fun, hope to see some thing like that again. Maybe have it be lie those tournaments in the BW series :)

Also, really liked Ash x Viola's interactions, kind of ship it now :)

maybe we should also do one for viola and grant.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I love the Viola-Grant interaction. That subtle nod when she saw him hanging. Then that look on her face after he fell that was pretty much "not again." Maybe Clemont should attend those Gym Leader conferences more. Get to know his quirky peers abit more. I've really liked the XY gym Leader characterization so far.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Hey, did anyone else notice how they had the music from the Unova Pokémon League playing right before Ash and Tesla's battle?

RVD_fan

Honestly, I don't see a Ash having a shipping going on with either Viola or Alexa because I see them as being too old (18-22 at least) so if they either of them did have feelings for him, it'd be kind of taboo and frowned upon in most societies. That being said, I did enjoy their interactions here in this episode, though I felt it was more similar to either an older cousin's relationship to a younger cousin or someone who admires a kid for their skill and potential sort of like the big brother/sister program
Tell that to that Frontier Brain, she didn't seem that young to me. Although I thought Ash was being written more as a 13-14 year old back then.

Tangeh

Really loved the interactions between Grant and Viola. It did make me wonder about where Clemont stands among the other gym leaders... Obviously I couldn't understand what they were saying, but he didn't seem familiar with the Battle Chateau when Serena was explaining it, and at the end he looked just as shocked as the others when Grant explained he was a gym leader. I'm really curious to know what he said specifically to Grant towards the end.

Considering Grant and Viola seemed to know each other really well and it was implied that they frequent the place, I don't get why Clemont is out of the loop. All gym leaders are at the rank of marquis/ marchioness in the games, after all. He spends more time inventing than networking, I guess...? Really wish that connection was there though; it would make for some good world-building.

On a different note, fletchinder looks pretty dang cool and I really hope Ash's fletchling evolves soon!