• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding and transfer question

keithpetrosky

I read Pokémon transferred into LOA from other games will be in a strange ball, will they remain in a strange ball if transferred back to another game like sw/sh? Is it a breedable ball?
What about the other pokeballs in LOA will Pokémon stay in them if transferred to other games?

Breeding question, can regular qwilfish be transferred into LOA? If not, can hisuain qwilfish be transferred to sword and shield and still evolve into Overquil? I’m trying to figure out a way to get hisuain form Pokémon into dream balls, I have all the regular form Pokémon in dream balls stored in Pokémon home, so I thought if I transfer hisuain qwilfish to breed with regular qwilfish in dream ball I can then get dream ball qwilfish in both forms.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
All Pokémon will retain their ball information in Pokémon Home. BDSP and PLA use the strange ball as a placeholder to handle to the unknown entry whereas SwSh will use a regular Poké ball to handle the unknown value.

As of now you can transport things into PLA if they are coded into it. So you could breed, for example, Petilil, Stantler or Scyther in those dream balls then have them evolve into their new forms and then you would have them in their respective ball. I tested this and have a fast ball Wyrdeer and safari ball Kleavor doing this.

keithpetrosky

All Pokémon will retain their ball information in Pokémon Home. BDSP and PLA use the strange ball as a placeholder to handle to the unknown entry whereas SwSh will use a regular Poké ball to handle the unknown value.

As of now you can transport things into PLA if they are coded into it. So you could breed, for example, Petilil, Stantler or Scyther in those dream balls then have them evolve into their new forms and then you would have them in their respective ball. I tested this and have a fast ball Wyrdeer and safari ball Kleavor doing this.

Ok, so you can import Pokémon in special pokeballs to PLA if they are in game like you mentioned and not a regional form. But if you tried to transfer them to sword and shield or diamond and pearl they’d end up in a pokeball or strange ball? Is strange ball breedable?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Ok, so you can import Pokémon in special pokeballs to PLA if they are in game like you mentioned and not a regional form. But if you tried to transfer them to sword and shield or diamond and pearl they’d end up in a pokeball or strange ball? Is strange ball breedable?
They don’t lose their ball. When moved back into Home their original ball is retained. Just in those games the Poké ball or strange ball are placeholders. To my knowledge—i haven’t tried—the strange ball acts as a Poké ball for breeding purposes.

keithpetrosky

They don’t lose their ball. When moved back into Home their original ball is retained. Just in those games the Poké ball or strange ball are placeholders. To my knowledge—i haven’t tried—the strange ball acts as a Poké ball for breeding purposes.
So if you imported a Pokémon caught in a wing ball to sw/sh or diamond pearl it will appear in a strange ball or pokeball, but if put back to PLA it will be back in wing ball. But if your Pokémon in sword and shield is in safari ball it will remain in that in diamond and pearl. Only Pokémon in special pokeballs from home can get into PLA, if from sword and shield to PLA they will be in strange ball.

I’m wondering if Scarlet and Violet will allow every pokeball from previous games to be imported and stay in that ball, no alternatives.