1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Breeding Chansey for a Lucky Egg

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Shun, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Shun

Shun Cool Band Geek

I've been catching Chansey in the safari zone to get a lucky egg. So I want to know if you breed Chansey can you still grt a lucky egg or do you have to catch them?;113;

2. Breed Pokemon after they are hatched don't hold hold items. So no. Silly boy. =P Simple logics.

3. Shun

Shun Cool Band Geek

Okay, sorry I'm just so tired of looking for them in the safari zone

4. Pure

Pure back.

That's why they call it a Lucky Egg. It's incredibly rare and you deserve its effects if you find it.

5. Nipissing

Nipissing Cascade Trainer

You have no idea how bloody hard it is to catch a fricking chansey.

I had to use like... 3 or 4 soft resets just to get it. Screw the egg.

EDIT: What does the egg do anyway?

6. Aptenodytes

Aptenodytes Well-Known Member

Took me a long time to find a Chansey, let alone a lucky egg...

7. Diven

Diven Thunder Trainer

FireRed Rare Safari Zone Areas 2 & Center
    LeafGreen Rare Safari Zone Areas 2 & Center

There is a 5% chance that Chansey will be holding the rare Lucky Egg item, which doubles the experience points gained by a Pokémon holding it in battle.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It isn't really hard to find a Chansey, I encountert 1, she fled, a walk to the right, a walk to the left, and on the same spot: Chansey!
    The only problem is to catch, cause they fled easly.. Try to give them some bait :wink:
    And 5% for a Lucky Egg, well to bad ^^

8. Sir Marly

Sir Marly Mega Sceptile Fanboy

I got a chansey and lucky egg cost me 5000 pokemoney to get it

9. ~Bent~

~Bent~ awhups

The Lucky Egg increases the number of experience points a Pokemon receives from a battle. The easiest way to get it is in Gale of Darkness, or so I've heard.

10. Ajox

Ajox Wobbuffet Expert

Think logical; can you have a baby that holds a watch in his hands? No! It's impossible.

11. Needs a Deoxys

Needs a Deoxys Well-Known Member

I dont know if this is just dumb luck but i got a lucky egg when i nicknamed a chansey "Lucky Egg". Try doing that cause someone else told me they supposedly did that and it worked. I think it was just a coincidence though. I got it from the safari zone and no eggs can not have the lucky egg.

12. Pikachu1125

Pikachu1125 Rap Rocker

That's just luck.

13. Needs a Deoxys

Needs a Deoxys Well-Known Member

Yeah but at the time it did make me think cause its only like a 1 in 500 chance or something.

14. SlipKnoT

SlipKnoT Well-Known Member

15. coolcobra77

coolcobra77 Your Worst Nightmare

The best I got was a lucky punch on my first Chansey (now my blissey)

...does lucky punch also work on Blissey becuase
    (mega punch+critical hit+ pokemon = loser pokemon)

hmm just keep trying.. then get apokemon from leaf green or another version

then put lucky egg on for X 3.5 exp
    (1.5 for being another trainers, 2 more for lucky egg)