• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinator

Just a few questions

I'm breeding for an adament Beldum and finally got one but it's iv's are terrible and I'd like to get another quickly with better iv's. So if I give it an everstone would there be the 50% chance of it becoming adament since you can't get a female of it's species, do I need an adament ditto or is it possible for genderless pokemon to carry on the natures of their parents?

Does leaving your pokemon in daycare affect their ev's in any way?

And I know that exp share can give a pokemon not battling ev's so would that mean if I had enough of them I could train all 6 pokemon in my party at once?

firestar319

The Marauder
how do u get U-Turn on starly without TMs?

Just breed that Starly with any pokemon in its egg group that knows the move U-turn.

Witt said:
Is it normal that I bred about 5 Gastlys (Timid Ditto and male Gastly) and no one is Timid?

It is normal. Make sure your Ditto has the Everstone so that you get the 50% chance for that nature. Since its only a 50% chance to have it with a Timid nature, it is very likekly to get 5 Gastlys without a Timid nature.

violagirl23 said:
I live in the US and everything, but I have Diamond in Japanese (I'm fluent in Japanese and thought it'd be fun to play) and know that breeding two Pokemon with different OTs makes breeding faster, and that there's a slightly increased odds of shinies if one of the Pokemon is a different nationality, so I was wondering... if I bred two Pokemon in English HG and traded the egg over to my Japanese Diamond, when it hatched, would it be a Japanese Pokemon and count as a different nationality? Or would it be English because the egg was conceived in an English game? I figured it'd probably be Japanese, but I wasn't sure how it worked.
Also, just on a sidenote, I'm assuming nationality is irrelevant to language? I have a friend in Ireland with European Pokemon (in English). If she traded me a Ditto, would it (for breeding for shiny purposes) be of a foreign nationality, even though both of our games are in English?
Thanks!
I'm not sure about breeding when it comes to nationalities, but I believe if you trade an english egg over to a japanese game, I think the egg would still be in English since the pokemon's data is determined when the Egg is received. And I'm not even sure how to answer your second question, so if someone can clarify any of this, then that'd be great.

Penguinator said:
Just a few questions

I'm breeding for an adament Beldum and finally got one but it's iv's are terrible and I'd like to get another quickly with better iv's. So if I give it an everstone would there be the 50% chance of it becoming adament since you can't get a female of it's species, do I need an adament ditto or is it possible for genderless pokemon to carry on the natures of their parents?

Does leaving your pokemon in daycare affect their ev's in any way?

And I know that exp share can give a pokemon not battling ev's so would that mean if I had enough of them I could train all 6 pokemon in my party at once?

The answers to your questions:

(1) The everstone for genderless pokemon must be held by a Ditto. The everstone trick passes down natures if its held by either a Ditto or a female pokemon.
(2) Leaving your pokemon in a Day-Care does not effect their EVs in any way.
(3)Yep. They'd all get the EVs if they have the Exp. Share arrached.

Hopefully I've helped you all.

city

get it together
Hmm, can someone help me?
I want to breed to get a pokemon who knows with Brave Bird and Sky Attack. Taillow can breed with Altaria to get Sky Attack, and I can breed Tailow with Staraptor to get Brave Bird, but how do I combine the two and get one pokemon with both?

DGice

While breeding two lotads who were both mischevious I found that out of the 34 eggs I hatched 12 of them hade the mischevious charecteristic. That is about 35% of the eggs. If the suggested game mechanic is that charecteristics are completely random and not affected by parents only 3% of the eggs would have be mischevious. Maybe this is just a freak occurence but I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed something simular.

As a sidenote I was using an everstone to pass on the modest nature.

MrPostman

Viceroy
Hmm, can someone help me?
I want to breed to get a pokemon who knows with Brave Bird and Sky Attack. Taillow can breed with Altaria to get Sky Attack, and I can breed Tailow with Staraptor to get Brave Bird, but how do I combine the two and get one pokemon with both?
Just use the move tutor to teach Sky Attack (platinum/hgss) to Staraptor, and take it from there.

cool pichu

sparky eared
i was wondering can an ekans have this as a moveset
beat up. slam. poison tail. and poison fang
thanks

firestar319

The Marauder
i was wondering can an ekans have this as a moveset
beat up. slam. poison tail. and poison fang
thanks

The only way for Ekans to have all 4 moves at once is to have Smeargle use Sketch on all those moves, and then breed that Smeargle with an Ekans. Hopefully I've helped.

SoulSilverSwampert

Pokemon Breeder
I've been breeding to get a Cyndaquil with Thrash and Flare Blitz, so I bred a Nidoking with Thrash and a Rapidash with Flare Blitz, to get a male Ponyta to the breed with the female Cyndaquil. When the Ponyta egg hatched, it had Thrash, but not Flare Blitz. I checked the site to make sure Ponyta can learn Flare Blitz (and therefore get it through breeding), and it can. So I don't understand why the baby Ponyta didn't get Flare Blitz from its parent. Can anybody help me with this?

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
egg moves are only ever passed down through the male parent, never the female. so you would need a father that knows both thrash and flare blitz to be able to pass it down.

SoulSilverSwampert

Pokemon Breeder
Okay, but I thought that level-up moves could be passed down from either parent?

SoulSilverSwampert

Pokemon Breeder
Ah, I get it now. Thanks for the help!

Marzillius

Is it possible to trade, lets say a Scyther (or any other Pokémon not in the Sinnoh Dex for that matter), from HeartGold to Diamond without having the National Dex in Diamond?

Wartortle90

Salamence ISNT Uber
Is it possible to trade, lets say a Scyther (or any other Pokémon not in the Sinnoh Dex for that matter), from HeartGold to Diamond without having the National Dex in Diamond?

yes you can trade whatever over, national dex or not and then itll just show up later when you get your dex.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Is it possible to give both Energy ball and Shadow ball to a member of the Abra line without having to use a TM ?

Etrigan85

UU/NU Trainer
Can someone please help me with what I am doing wrong, I am trying to Breed an Elekid with the moves Ice Punch and Cross chop

Firstly I bred a female electabuzz with male machop

with the elekid that was born with cross chop and lvled up and bred with male medicham for Ice Punch

Now my elekids only have ice punch so I tried breeding male machop with cross chop with female medicham with ice punch together and now I only get a normal meditite???

what am I doing wrong?

I just want my Elekid to have ice punch and cross chop

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Firstly you need a male hitmonchan at lv31 i think to learn the elemental punches, this needs breeding with a female machop nd the offspring, if male, needs raising to around lv 40. This then needs breeding with the female electabuzz in order to produce elekids with cross chop and ice punch, alongside fire punch as well

Status
Not open for further replies.