• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MokKish

Breeding Enthustiast
Oh snaps, I feel like slapping myself now. All the breeding I've done could of all been easier :O.

Just thought it should also be mentioned that even though the everstone trick works on both male and female parents now, genderless pokemon still can't pass down the nature (atleast in HG/SS, idk about B/W), so Ditto should hold the everstone if breeding with genderless parent. It's really a shame, I spent months trying to breed a perfect Magnemite but finally had to give up..

tycho0042

Balance trainer
ok, I've been looking at the bulbapedia site for a little while now and can't find a proper answer or at least I'm not seeing it. Is hypnosis a move that can't be bred to a ralts earlier than 46? I tried to breed one that had it and a gastly who also had it. dosen't that mean future ralts should start with hypnosis? just trying to make a gallade with it but don't want to wait til 47 to evolve it finally

zerky

Account zerky
ok, I've been looking at the bulbapedia site for a little while now and can't find a proper answer or at least I'm not seeing it. Is hypnosis a move that can't be bred to a ralts earlier than 46? I tried to breed one that had it and a gastly who also had it. dosen't that mean future ralts should start with hypnosis? just trying to make a gallade with it but don't want to wait til 47 to evolve it finally

When breeding a non-TM/HM move that can be learned via leveling up, both parents have to know the move to pass it on to the offspring.
In your case, just the gastly knowing hypnosis won't work to teach the hatched ralts hypnosis. You'll have to level up the female ralts to 46 and teach it hypnosis as well.

tycho0042

Balance trainer
When breeding a non-TM/HM move that can be learned via leveling up, both parents have to know the move to pass it on to the offspring.
In your case, just the gastly knowing hypnosis won't work to teach the hatched ralts hypnosis. You'll have to level up the female ralts to 46 and teach it hypnosis as well.

that's the thing! they both did have hypnosis at the time of getting the egg. do they have to both have it at the time of hatching or is it fine at the time of getting the egg? as the gastly might not have had it by the time the egg hatched.

Aquarelle

Staff member
that's the thing! they both did have hypnosis at the time of getting the egg. do they have to both have it at the time of hatching or is it fine at the time of getting the egg? as the gastly might not have had it by the time the egg hatched.

Both parents have to know Hypnosis when they are first left at the day care in order to produce offspring with the move. If Hypnosis is replaced by another move as the Pokemon level up, the offspring will still get Hypnosis; all that matters is that both parents knew it when they were put into the day care.

This also means that if the parents learn Hypnosis while in the day care, the offspring will NOT get the move.

So, if you want a Ralts with Hypnosis, take a male Gastly that knows Hypnosis and a female Ralts that knows Hypnosis and put them in the day care.

Sasaharo

If I breed a Ditto with a Female Garchomp. Will the F-Garchomps moveset be inherited by the newborn Gible? I am initially trying to have Gible learn outrage from it's eggset moves.

Aquarelle

Staff member
If I breed a Ditto with a Female Garchomp. Will the F-Garchomps moveset be inherited by the newborn Gible? I am initially trying to have Gible learn outrage from it's eggset moves.

No. Only males can pass down egg moves to the offspring.

Sasaharo

No. Only males can pass down egg moves to the offspring.

:( NOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! i gotta farm bp then :( . Ugh I shouldve made the male garchomp first, but eh the female garchomp creation was inspired by Cynthia XDDDDDDDD. fml

OMG UNLESS i can find a male dragon that has outrage OMFG MY DRAGONITE IS A MALE AND HAS OUTRAGE OADIUFOADIUFAOIERWU WOOO imsaved XD

Appleoholic

guys i need any male pokemon that knows the move fake out so i can teach it to y Aipom

can anyone help me:)

and i also need a pokemon with pokerus so i can get into my pokemons :)

LegendOfSlopes

can anyone please explain to me on how to get a Deino with dark pulse and earth power?
Im having trouble trying to get a Seviper that knows Dark pulse, and I don't know what pokemon to breed with to get earth power? CAN any one with a Deino with these moves explain thier process to me?

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
it aint possible im afraid, there is no pokemon that is capable of breeding with deino that can learn both moves either thru level-up or via breeding and level up

Bunface

Jewel Runner
Is it possible to breed Sunny Day, Solarbeam and Extremespeed onto a Growlithe? Give a male Growlithe TM's for Sunny Day and Solarbeam, then evolve and train to level 39 for Arcanine to learn Extremespeed, breed with another Growlithe/Arcanine?

EDIT: Also, would it be possible to breed a Chimchar with Swords Dance + Thunderpunch? Breed with male Electabuzz to get Thunderpunch on male Chimchar, give TM75, breed to get Chimchars with TP + SD?

Last edited:

MokKish

Breeding Enthustiast
Is it possible to breed Sunny Day, Solarbeam and Extremespeed onto a Growlithe? Give a male Growlithe TM's for Sunny Day and Solarbeam, then evolve and train to level 39 for Arcanine to learn Extremespeed, breed with another Growlithe/Arcanine?

EDIT: Also, would it be possible to breed a Chimchar with Swords Dance + Thunderpunch? Breed with male Electabuzz to get Thunderpunch on male Chimchar, give TM75, breed to get Chimchars with TP + SD?

Extremespeed can't be bred to Growlithe, there's no way it can learn the move. Chimchar, however, will be born with SD and Thunder Punch if the male parent knows them like in your example.

GilligBoi

Is there a pokemon with an ability that helps eggs hatch faster? What is it called and which pokemon has it?

Thanks!

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Is there a pokemon with an ability that helps eggs hatch faster? What is it called and which pokemon has it?

Thanks!

Magma Armor (MA) / Flame Body (FB)

Numel / Camerupt (MA)
Magby / Magmar / Magmortar (FB)
Slugma / Magcargo (MA & FB)

Bunface

Jewel Runner
RIGHT.

Male Larvitar w/ Dragon Dance, mates with Female Charmander. Results in Charmander w/ Dragon Dance.

Raise male Charmander to level 34, learns Flamethrower. Raise to level 35, evolves into Charmeleon. Raise to level 36, evolves into Charizard. Teach Shadow Claw + Dragon Claw via Move Tutor.

Mate Charizard with female Bagon. End result = Bagon w/ Flamethrower, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw and Shadow Claw. Am I correct?

MokKish

Breeding Enthustiast
RIGHT.

Male Larvitar w/ Dragon Dance, mates with Female Charmander. Results in Charmander w/ Dragon Dance.

Raise male Charmander to level 34, learns Flamethrower. Raise to level 35, evolves into Charmeleon. Raise to level 36, evolves into Charizard. Teach Shadow Claw + Dragon Claw via Move Tutor.

Mate Charizard with female Bagon. End result = Bagon w/ Flamethrower, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw and Shadow Claw. Am I correct?

That's exactly what you should get. But may I add, I can't see why you want it with Flamethrower.

Bunface

Jewel Runner
That's exactly what you should get. But may I add, I can't see why you want it with Flamethrower.

Some people might, I'm not going to use them myself, and others may want to use a Bagon to breed Flamethrower onto another Pokemon. Thanks for the conformation, that is indeed what I got, and it's nice to know I can work these chains out by myself now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.