• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drippy Miltank

Journeyman Breeder

Trief77

Im trying to get a Salamence with Hydro Pump and Dragon Pulse, and I know that Kingdra knows both of those moves. So why when i put my male Kingdra that knows Dragon Pulse and Hydro Pump with a female Salamence, they dont get along in the Day-Care?

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
does the old man say they prefer to play with other pokemon? if not it just means it will take some time to get an egg from these two

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
They'll still breed, it'll just take longer to produce an egg.

The only way that pokemon of different species will like each other is if they have different Original Trainers.

Axel

Orange Champion
Quick Question: I have a Nidoking with 31 IVs in Special Attack. Nidorina/Nidoqueen can't breed, correct? But Nidoking can? The mother would just have to be in his Monster/Field egg group, right?

Also, out of curiosity, what are the chances that his Special Attack IV would be passed onto his offspring? This is the main reason why I want to breed him. :p

Trief77

What would the breeding chain would be in order to get an Aggron with:
~ Head Smash
~ Earthquake
~ Aqua Tail
~ Ice Punch
????

MokKish

Breeding Enthustiast
What would the breeding chain would be in order to get an Aggron with:
~ Head Smash
~ Earthquake
~ Aqua Tail
~ Ice Punch
????

Aqua Tail and Ice Punch aren't eggmoves and can only be learned via move tutor in HG/SS/Pt.
If you don't want to use TM 26 for the Earthquake, first breed male monster egg group pokemon that learns the move by level up (like Tyranitar or Rhydon) with female Cranidos or Rampardos, then level up the male offspring to lv 43/52 so it learns Head Smash, and breed with female Aron/Lairon/Aggron.

Trief77

Aqua Tail and Ice Punch aren't eggmoves and can only be learned via move tutor in HG/SS/Pt.
If you don't want to use TM 26 for the Earthquake, first breed male monster egg group pokemon that learns the move by level up (like Tyranitar or Rhydon) with female Cranidos or Rampardos, then level up the male offspring to lv 43/52 so it learns Head Smash, and breed with female Aron/Lairon/Aggron.

Thank you very much, friend.

Aegon

Quick Question: I have a Nidoking with 31 IVs in Special Attack. Nidorina/Nidoqueen can't breed, correct? But Nidoking can? The mother would just have to be in his Monster/Field egg group, right?

Also, out of curiosity, what are the chances that his Special Attack IV would be passed onto his offspring? This is the main reason why I want to breed him. :p
Nidoking can breed, yes. You're correct on the egg group, too. In HGSS, you can give Nidoking the Power Lens and his Sp. Attack IVs will definitely be passed on. Here's how IVs are passed on in DPPt (it's the same as Gen III).

Axel

Orange Champion
Thank you, SpeedSuicune! It was either Nidoking or Nidoqueen are unbreedable, but it's been so long since I actually bred any Pokemon. I'm really glad that there's an item I can let Nidoking hold for his Sp. Attack IVs - it'll make things so much easier! And thank you for the link to the informative article too! I've added it to my favorites for future reference. :)

Hikaru Ichiro

Pyromaniac
Hey, I'm working to breed a Snorlax with Curse and Zen Headbutt. I have a male Slowpoke with these two moves that I am breeding with a Female Snorlax, however, when I hatch the Snorlax it only knows Curse and Tackle.

I know that Curse and Zen Headbutt are both egg moves for Snorlax. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to evolve Slowpoke? Or is this just a luck/chance kind of thing and I need to keep trying until I get Snorlax with both?

MokKish

Breeding Enthustiast
Hey, I'm working to breed a Snorlax with Curse and Zen Headbutt. I have a male Slowpoke with these two moves that I am breeding with a Female Snorlax, however, when I hatch the Snorlax it only knows Curse and Tackle.

I know that Curse and Zen Headbutt are both egg moves for Snorlax. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to evolve Slowpoke? Or is this just a luck/chance kind of thing and I need to keep trying until I get Snorlax with both?

This is one of those times when only the pre-evo can learn the move by breeding. So you need to make Snorlax hold Full Incense and that way you'll get Munchlax that knows both of those moves.

Drippy Miltank

Journeyman Breeder
could someone trade me a mankey with covet please??
It's pretty easy to get covet on a mankey: just take said mankey to the move re-learner with a heart scale and it should be able to learn it that way.

Coldfission

Annoyingly annoying
Yo, I'm playing Emerald for fun, and I am trying to breed a Poochyena that knows both Poison Fang and Yawn. Anyone willing to help me brainstorm on how to do this?

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
only option is a smeargle that has sketched both moves

no other pokemon aside from the poochyena family and smeargle are capable of learning both moves

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I have tested the following, and it works great.
Many people use Smeargle to transfer various moves onto offsprings, but can't use it for Pokemon that aren't in the same Egg Group. What I do is get Ditto to learn the moves I want to transfer and breed it with the female parent. Of course, the main problem will be getting the Ditto to learn the moves. The process is NOT cheating. It is a glitch. And due to the nature of the glitch, you can only transfer 3 Egg Moves at once (unless Rage is a desired Egg Move).

I believe that it's called the Rage Behaviour Glitch. It doesn't take too long, but it takes long to describe, so Google it or something.

Practical use: I'm going to transfer a Ditto with Dark Pulse and Earth Power to a Generation V game in the future so that I can get a Hydreigon with both Earth Power and Dark Pulse. It is impossible at the moment to get such a Hydreigon without such glitching.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
by doing so, that hydreigon will be unusable however, because at the minute its an unobtainable combination without utilising glitches or cheating. it still falls under illegally obtained movesets despite both moves being available to the pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.