• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Well, don't use it for tournaments or whatnot. Use it for Battle Frontier/whatever-it's-called-nowadays. Use it to demolish the Elite Four. Use it to demolish a friend in a local wireless battle. That's what I do.

There's a certain satisfaction from destroying a friend's team with a shiny, IV 31 all thing that knows moves that it normally shouldn't.

If I had access to another Emerald version, then I could get a Groudon with Sacred Fire.

But if you're entering in tournaments or playing with people who argue about legal moves, then have the Ditto transfer one Egg Move at a time. Results: easy Egg Move transfer, no illegal/glitched moveset, and no worries about IV transfer issues (if you use a good Ditto).

Arceus94

Is there a way to get Sneasel with Bite and Ice Punch? :/

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I love Smeargle and his endless possibilities for egg-moves in the Ground egg-group

Uhm, another question for HGSS. If a Pokemon has reached a level where it can learn all the available level-up moves, and I take it to the Daycare Center for breeding / training, is there still a chance that its moveset will change?

Cause one thing I noticed was that if a Pokemon reaches a level where it can learn a new level-up move, the Pokemon's moveset will change, and usually it's the egg move / TM move / MT move that is forgotten. Which is a pain since you can't get those back through the Move Tutor.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Uhm, another question for HGSS. If a Pokemon has reached a level where it can learn all the available level-up moves, and I take it to the Daycare Center for breeding / training, is there still a chance that its moveset will change?

Cause one thing I noticed was that if a Pokemon reaches a level where it can learn a new level-up move, the Pokemon's moveset will change, and usually it's the egg move / TM move / MT move that is forgotten. Which is a pain since you can't get those back through the Move Tutor.

yes the moveset could change.

Aegon

No, its moveset will not change if it has learnt all its level-up moves.

Reo

Breeding in SoulSliver is hard

I didn't start breeding really seriously until I got black version, so I'm not to familiar with how things might be different in previous games. Right now, I'm breeding ralts in Soul Silver. I want to make a Gallade with drain punch. Since I never bred anything in this game before I got black, I was basically starting from scratch. I'm finding that passing on IVs is more difficult than it seems to be in black. I have an outstanding with max attack holding the power bracer and an outstanding with speed, holding nothing. If I were doing this in black, I would expect to hatch one that had both attack and speed pretty easily, but this just isn't happening in soul silver. I've probably hatched around fifty eggs. Every one I hatch has max speed or attack, and occasionally I'll get a different random max, but I have yet to get one that has two maxes. I'm not sure if passing IVs is just a lot more difficult in this game or maybe the IV guy in battle frontier is different from the one in battle subway, but I'm getting frustrated with this. Any suggestions?

Sorry this post was so long

TDawg

I didn't start breeding really seriously until I got black version, so I'm not to familiar with how things might be different in previous games. Right now, I'm breeding ralts in Soul Silver. I want to make a Gallade with drain punch. Since I never bred anything in this game before I got black, I was basically starting from scratch. I'm finding that passing on IVs is more difficult than it seems to be in black. I have an outstanding with max attack holding the power bracer and an outstanding with speed, holding nothing. If I were doing this in black, I would expect to hatch one that had both attack and speed pretty easily, but this just isn't happening in soul silver. I've probably hatched around fifty eggs. Every one I hatch has max speed or attack, and occasionally I'll get a different random max, but I have yet to get one that has two maxes. I'm not sure if passing IVs is just a lot more difficult in this game or maybe the IV guy in battle frontier is different from the one in battle subway, but I'm getting frustrated with this. Any suggestions?

Sorry this post was so long

Breeding in HGSS and BW are the same. And the Battle Frontier guy is different than the one in the Subway as he will only comment on 1 Flawless stat no matter how many your pokemon actually has.

Aegon

Breeding in HGSS and BW are the same. And the Battle Frontier guy is different than the one in the Subway as he will only comment on 1 Flawless stat no matter how many your pokemon actually has.
However, if you talk to him again, he'll comment on another flawless stat. For example, if you had a hex-flawless Pokémon, first he'll speak of HP, then if you talk to him again, he'll note that Attack can't be better.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I love Smeargle and his endless possibilities for egg-moves in the Ground egg-group

And because of this, Smeargle is considered the Egg move/Breeding God.
I also love Ditto. You can breed with that thing for almost any pokemon, even genderless.

zzzz

egg move breeding

I've been doing quite a bit of egg move breeding lately and i'm looking for some help thinking of some interesting move sets to breed on pokes. What i'll offer is if you give a suggestion that I decide to do I will give you one of the resulting hatchlings. Also they may not technically be egg moves but any moves that are passed down via tm count for me as well. I have a complete dex and most tm's available. I have a post on the eggmove trading thread if you want to see what I've already got. Hoping to see some cool suggestions thanks in advance. You can pm me w/ suggestions

Last edited:

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Okay, so I need a Timid Yanma with 31 Speed & SpAtk IVs. Is it possible to breed this without RNGing or hatching a billion eggs? Is it do-able or am I barking up the wrong Sudowoodo?

Here's what I have: a M Pinsir w/31 Spd IV. A F Ninjask with 31SpAtk IV. A bunch of Timid Yanma of both genders. And Power Items. Here's where I keep getting stuck:

Pinsir + Timid Yanma = Timid Yanma with 31Spd IV.
Ninjask + Timid Yanma = Timid Yanma with 31 Sp Atk IV.

But if I put the resulting Yanma into daycare, in order to keep the Timid nature I must equip 1 with everstone, thereby losing the chance to pass on 1 of the parents' IVs. Any help, guys?

EDIT: thanks v much for the tips, people. I got it done in the end. Perseverance!!

Last edited:

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
Give one of them an everstone and the other a power item. One of the IVs will be guaranteed to be inherited, and you'll just have to keep hatching until you get the other one.

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
Okay, so I need a Timid Yanma with 31 Speed & SpAtk IVs. Is it possible to breed this without RNGing or hatching a billion eggs? Is it do-able or am I barking up the wrong Sudowoodo?

Here's what I have: a M Pinsir w/31 Spd IV. A F Ninjask with 31SpAtk IV. A bunch of Timid Yanma of both genders. And Power Items. Here's where I keep getting stuck:

But if I put the resulting Yanma into daycare, in order to keep the Timid nature I must equip 1 with everstone, thereby losing the chance to pass on 1 of the parents' IVs. Any help, guys?

The easiest way to do it is to check the IVs of your all Yanma's, check of one of those have either 31 spa IV or 31 spe IV, get a flawless ditto (or something), or just the ninjask/pinsir give them the power items and breed until you get a timid one, breeding for a perfect nature is faster than fir a perfect IV.

Dangertrout

Pinsir with Power Anklet + Timid Yanma with Everstone = Female Timid Yanma with 31Spd IV.
Then
Female Timid Yanma with 31Spd IV holding everstone + Male ninjask holding power lens = Timid Yamna with 31 SpA & Spe IVs

It shouldn't take a billion eggs, maybe a hundred if you're unlucky.
iirc, in gen 4 the ability and nature are set before you pick up the egg, but the IVs are only set when you pick up the egg. You could always save in front of the guy, hatch an egg until you find one that has a timid nature then just soft reset until that egg hatches with the IVs you want.

channingtatum

I am completely confused on hatching for a shiny. I have been looking at every method there is masuda method, RNG and other things. I think i have overwhelmed myself and just dont understand now. All I want is shiny charmander but the method I am using is just hacthing eggs nothing special that its I'm only at around like 150 eggs hatched. Can anyones shed any light on this subject?

Status
Not open for further replies.