• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
how long does it take to breed a shiny egg

A shiny egg is bred and hatches at the same amount of steps as any other egg.
The chances are still 1 in 8192 so there is no exact time. Some people claim to have hatched on on their first time and some have tried for months to no avail.

how do I get whirlwind/drillpeck on skarmory? it needs 2 steps of breeding but I cant really figure out how can annybody help me?

First, raise either a male Starly or Pidgey (Pidgey @ lv.17; Starly @ lv.21) to learn Whirlwind and breed it with a female Spearow/Fearow. Raise the resulting male Spearow to Lv. 37 to learn Drill Peck. Breed the male Spearow with a Female Skarmory and you'll have a Skarmory w/ Drill Peck and Whirlwind.

Last edited:

Romke

Dutch Trainer
Do a double battle... since you have the hitmonchan with both those moves, go into a double battle with a male smeargle and hitmonchan.

If smeargle is faster, then the first turn have it do something else than sketch. (you could also have something else out the first turn and then switch that pokemon out for smeargle to eliminate this step).
If smeargle is slower, then just have it sketch the hitmonchan.
Hitmonchan should use whatever move you want to sketch first. When you're ready for the next move either level smeargle up to learn sketch again or take him to the move relearner with a heart scale.

Thanks iam gonna try it now

I'm a little confused with this. If I breed a genderless pokemon with Ditto, will the moves from the genderless pokemon be passed down to the baby?

Nope. The last time I bred my genderless pokemon (can't disclose due to competitive battle purposes) with Ditto to do a revamp, none of the TM's or HM's were passed on, and the descendant was capable of learning those TM's/HM's. The moves are going to have to be retaught.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
I'm a little confused with this. If I breed a genderless pokemon with Ditto, will the moves from the genderless pokemon be passed down to the baby?

As far as I have experience with it, genderless parents act like females, meaning they are unable to pass any moves down. At least the staryu's i breed a while back never inherited surf.

Nope. The last time I bred my genderless pokemon (can't disclose due to competitive battle purposes) with Ditto to do a revamp, none of the TM's or HM's were passed on, and the descendant was capable of learning those TM's/HM's. The moves are going to have to be retaught.

As far as I have experience with it, genderless parents act like females, meaning they are unable to pass any moves down. At least the staryu's i breed a while back never inherited surf.

Okay, thanks. Oddly enough, it was a Staryu that I wanted to breed. :p

Profesco

gone gently
If anyone has read the POTW for Garchomp, they'll see in the list of counters a reference to "Ice Fang Rampardos..." I was wondering if any of the moveset connoisseurs who frequent this thread know how Rampardos comes to learn Ice Fang? Is it some special event giveaway?

serebii.net said:
...Ice Fang Aerodactyl with Choice Band, Ice Fang Rampardos with Choice Scarf, Hidden Power [Ice] Jolteon with Choice Specs and countless others. ....
Rampardos
You're quite right in the fact Rampardos doesn't learn Ice Fang. Maybe it is just a typo. Rampardos does learn Avalanche but not Ice Fang.

Dragonking

Okay, I want to get Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, and Ice Fang onto a Shinx through breeding. I know Thunder Fang it learns as it levels up. Who would I get the other 2 moves from.

My other question. It say that Drapion can learn the 3 Fangs attacks but not through level up or any other means. It also say in Serebii's pokedex that these moves are given before Level1 even though it never learned the moves. I guess I'm asking if I go to the move tutor will I be able to get these moves?

Aziel

Okay, I want to get Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, and Ice Fang onto a Shinx through breeding. I know Thunder Fang it learns as it levels up. Who would I get the other 2 moves from.

My other question. It say that Drapion can learn the 3 Fangs attacks but not through level up or any other means. It also say in Serebii's pokedex that these moves are given before Level1 even though it never learned the moves. I guess I'm asking if I go to the move tutor will I be able to get these moves?

You can get ice fang and fire fang onto Shinx from a few different Pokemon. Smeargle can Sketch them, and Snubble can have them at level 1. For your second question, yes, the move tutor is the way you get those moves on Drapion.

Last edited:

Redcell

Male version wanted
Is it possible to get a Wailord with areo blast via Smeargle's Sketch?

Redcell

Male version wanted

Wailord
No. Aeroblast can't be breed onto Wailord. Wailord can't learn it. Aeroblast is a Lugia ;249; Exclusive Move.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Hey i am trying to get a Ice Punching Sneasel through breeding, but for it i have to get a Buneary to learn it first. I have breeded a male Meditite which knows the three elemental punches (it is at level 11). I have been trying to get a female Buneary (off around the same level of meditite) to breed with it but it always says "The two don't seem to like each other much". Does that mean that i have to try other Buneary or should i continue to try breeding the one i have until i get the egg.

And also does the level or the evolved form of the pokemon comes into count in breeding like a Chimchar won't be able to breed with a Infernape or a Trochic of level 10 won't be able to breed with a Torchic of level 60 (I am still not good at breeding so i am asking this).

Last edited:

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
Hey i am trying to get a Ice Punching Sneasel through breeding, but for it i have to get a Buneary to learn it first. I have breeded a male Meditite which knows the three elemental punches (it is at level 11). I have been trying to get a female Buneary (off around the same level of meditite) to breed with it but it always says "The two don't seem to like each other much". Does that mean that i have to try other Buneary or should i continue to try breeding the one i have until i get the egg.
And also does the level or the evolved form of the pokemon comes into count in breeding (I am still not good at breeding so i am asking this).

the ONLY 3 things the game consideres in breeding are 1. egg group, 2. species, and 3. trainer ID.
Level plays no part in this whatsoever and never will. An egg will always be procduced so long as the daycare man does not say "they prefer to play with other pokemon". Anything else he says will result in an egg eventually.
If you want them to breed faster you will have to get one of those from another player and even then the time in producing the egg is minimal. Just keep working on the ones you have.

Wasiul Hoque

Master Trainer
Well first of all I want to get a sneasel with ice punch... I've seen the only way is that to get smeargle to sketch ice punch but I heard from another person that whatever moves smeargle sketches revert back to sketch after the battle so now I need an in-game trainer (or wild pokemon) to have learnt ice punch with their pokemon so I can sketch it. But which trainer?

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
Well first of all I want to get a sneasel with ice punch... I've seen the only way is that to get smeargle to sketch ice punch but I heard from another person that whatever moves smeargle sketches revert back to sketch after the battle so now I need an in-game trainer (or wild pokemon) to have learnt ice punch with their pokemon so I can sketch it. But which trainer?

go into a double battle with a smeargle and a pokemon of your own that knows ice punch.... it's the easiest way and is how you should always do a smeargle.

Status
Not open for further replies.