• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused... If a pokemon is bred from a hacked pokemon... is the baby hacked too?
Partially; I've read somewhere that the hacked parents pass on the IVs sometimes.

Is it possible to have an Eevee/Umbreon that knows Baton Pass AND Confuse ray? And if it is how can I make it happen?
Evolve Eevee into Umbreon at level 36 and use a Heart Scale to get Confuse Ray back. Simple.

Dark S

Evolve Eevee into Umbreon at level 36 and use a Heart Scale to get Confuse Ray back. Simple.

ORLY? But then the Umbreon technically never learned it because Confuse Ray is learned at lvl. 29 and it has to evolve at or after lvl. 36 for Baton Pass or does that part not matter with the heart scales?

Hell_fire

......duck...
ORLY? But then the Umbreon technically never learned it because Confuse Ray is learned at lvl. 29 and it has to evolve at or after lvl. 36 for Baton Pass or does that part not matter with the heart scales?

doesn't matter, if it should have learned it it'll learn it to heart scales

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I'm a little confused... If a pokemon is bred from a hacked pokemon... is the baby hacked too?
That's a gray area. Some people would call it semi-legit, since it wasn't directly hacked. Others would say that since a cheating device was responsible for its parent, the offspring could not have existed without the cheating device, so it's hacked.

Pokémon are often hacked to get perfect or near-perfect IVs in all their stats, and some of these IVs can be inherited by their offspring. That could be another argument for calling it hacked, since it could be seen as a shortcut to getting good IVs.

But as I said, it's a gray area. In a situation like this, it's really up to you to decide whether the Pokémon are hacked or not. If the question is relating to whether the Pokémon will be considered hacked in the Pokémon Video Game Championships, then I don't know. As far as I know, nobody outside Nintendo knows exactly how the staff check for hacked Pokémon. I would guess that the checks wouldn't determine a Pokémon bred from a hacked Pokémon as being hacked, but I wouldn't be confident enough to gamble on that one.

Purpureal

I'm going to EV train a Ninetales, and Serebii recommends that Ninetales has both Hypnosis and Energy ball. However, I've looked through the entire ground egg group and nobody learns both moves by any means (other than Ninetales and Smeargle). So is there any way to do it other than somehow getting Smeargle to acquire the moves? And can Smeargle even acquire Hypnosis (since he would get put to sleep and all...)? And can anyone recommend good locations and pokémon to do this with, assuming I have to?

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Doing it with Smeargle would be easiest. The easiest way to Sketch moves is to get the Pokémon with a move you want to Sketch to partner your Smeargle in a double battle, and Sketch the moves individually that way. If you don't want to do that, there is a chain that doesn't involve Smeargle:

Lotad (Energy Ball at Level 43) -> Seedot -> Stantler (Hypnosis at Level 10) -> Vulpix

Purpureal

Thanks a ton! I thought it would be really complicated but that double battle idea worked perfectly and now I have a bunch of vulpixes with both moves. Thanks! :)

John999

Poulow
How do you teach pikachu volt tackle!!!

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
How do you teach pikachu volt tackle!!!

Breed a female Pikachu with a male Pikachu, and give one of them the item Light Ball. There is a 5% chance a wild Pikachu is holding a Light Ball when caught.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
The question's already been answered, but I'd just like to point out that the answer to that question appears in two places on the first page - once under the section marked "Volt Tackle", and again under the recently added FAQ section.

This isn't a personal dig at you - I just thought it'd be a good way to point out the new section I added :p Unfortunately, I can't change the title of the thread to draw attention to it, otherwise I would.

StratocasterMaster

Power Breeder
Alright if someone knowlegeable could help me out here id greatly appreciate it. The end result of this breeding chain will be an eevee with the egg moves curse and wish, according to the posts i have read, the easiest way to do this would to get a male smeargle, get into a double battle (with my togetic that knows wish, and a bibarel that knows curse) have the togetic/bibarel use the move, then have smeargle use sketch on bibarel/togetic and breed with a female eevee correct? this is the first time ive tried anything like this, and any help would be appreciated, also, i assume i would have to do an IN GAME double battle (as in the cafe east of pastoria, not a wi fi double battle, once again, any and all help is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
StratocasterMaster, everything you've said is correct. Your plan should work fine, and you're right about having to do an in-game double battle rather than a Wi-Fi double battle.

studbot

how does piplup learn agility? i tried breading it with horsea and it didn't work. also how does bagon learn dragon dance? i tried breading it with a dratini and it wouldn't work also.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
how does piplup learn agility? i tried breading it with horsea and it didn't work. also how does bagon learn dragon dance? i tried breading it with a dratini and it wouldn't work also.
Does the male Horsea/Bagon have the move you want to pass down in its current moveset? If not, there's your problem.

Archon

Milotic Master
Wow A lot of info I personaly love breeding My Milotic so this was very helpfull :)

studbot

Does the male Horsea/Bagon have the move you want to pass down in its current moveset? If not, there's your problem.

i have a male horsea and it has agility, and when i put it with a female piplup the old guy said they don't like each other.

i have a male dratini who has dragondance and a female bagon, and the old guy said they don't like each other too.

do they still give you and egg even if the guy says they dont' like eachother?

Status
Not open for further replies.