• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have an inquiry, but this is about egg steps.

An Eevee has 8,960 steps. However, from the time I receive the egg until the time I hatched it, it usually took 9,180 steps (Over 9,000! hur hur). This time, it seems to be taking even less steps than 8,960. Could someone explain what is going on?

oooo

An egg is checked to be hatched by the game only every 252 steps. When your first egg reached the 8,960 step mark, it was in between egg checks. Only on the 9,180 step did the game finally have an egg check, saying, 'whoops, this egg is at least at 8,960 steps, ready to hatch'. I don't think it is possible for the egg to hatch UNDER the limit...

Volteon

Back I guess??
Possible it is. It seems to happen in some days. I imagine, as the egg stopped hatching with lower steps right after midnight.
The reason, I don't know.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Let me add one more detail.

It has been only the eggs I hatched most recently that went under the normal amount of steps. The eggs take 8,280 steps as opposed to 8,960.

Does that lean any closer to the truth?

Mrpuc

Shocked!
Please help me, i am really trying to get a drifloon with destiny bond.

i have hatched 4 eggs but none have it... is there any way of making it more likely to get it?

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Please help me, i am really trying to get a drifloon with destiny bond.

i have hatched 4 eggs but none have it... is there any way of making it more likely to get it?
You'd have a 100% chance of getting it if you bred a female Drifloon/Drifblim with a male Gastly/Haunter/Gengar/Koffing/Weezing/Wobbuffet that knows Destiny Bond.

yonatansetbon

i need help .
how trapinch can learn earthquake by breeding ?
im trying to do this chane:
tyranitar->rydon->infernape->volbeat->trapinch

Zimiii

Keep going, Jack \o/
sorry if this is spam but, how can you get a charmander to learn acient power by breeding? (breed it with what pokemon)

Breed a female Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard with male Cranidos/Rampardos/Shieldon/Bastiodon that has Ancienpower.

leafpower

Hi, i want a snover that knows: water pulse, ice beam, shadow ball, and giga drain. i already started to breed it and i got one with water pulse & ice beam (lapras), and another one with giga drain (gloom).. boths are males, i got stucked!.. please help

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
Hi, i want a snover that knows: water pulse, ice beam, shadow ball, and giga drain. i already started to breed it and i got one with water pulse & ice beam (lapras), and another one with giga drain (gloom).. boths are males, i got stucked!.. please help

There is actually a much easier way to get Snover with those moves. Just teach it the respective TMs.

Snover can't breed with either Lapras or Gloom though.

If you want a Snover knowing those moves without using three TMs, then you could breed a male Ludicolo knowing Water Pulse, Ice Beam and Giga Drain with a female Snover. When you hatch a male Snover knwoing those moves, you can teach it Shadow Ball with a TM.

Last edited:

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Shadow Tepi 8, I don't really understand the last paragraph of your response to this... you're still using the TMs from what I can see. Also, Snover CAN breed with Lapras.

Using TMs is the easiest way, and I can't see a way to breed all four moves onto Snover without using a TM. The best I can find is a chain to breed Water Pulse, Ice Beam and Shadow Ball onto Snover (you'll have to use the Giga Drain TM), but it's not pretty:

Gastly/Midreavus/Shuppet/Drifoon (Shadow Ball) -> Castform -> Glalie (Ice Beam) -> Skitty/Mawile -> Whismur/Bidoof -> Slowpoke (Water Pulse) -> Snover

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot about Smeargle. You can cut the length of this chain considerably if you use Smeargle:

Smeargle (Sketch Water Pulse, Ice Beam and Shadow Ball) -> Whismur -> Snover

Last edited:

demnz

I hate breeding
Quick question... can I get a Mudkip with Hydro Pump by breeding, or do I just level up?

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Quick question... can I get a Mudkip with Hydro Pump by breeding, or do I just level up?
Hydro Pump is a level-up move for Mudkip, so if you want Mudkip to hatch with Hydro Pump, you need to breed a female Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert that knows Hydro Pump with a male Pokémon in the Water 1 or Monster Egg Groups that also knows Hydro Pump.

demnz

I hate breeding
Hydro Pump is a level-up move for Mudkip, so if you want Mudkip to hatch with Hydro Pump, you need to breed a female Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert that knows Hydro Pump with a male Pokémon in the Water 1 or Monster Egg Groups that also knows Hydro Pump.

Ok, thanks for the answer.

Is there any way to get a Mime Jr. with Wake-Up Slap and Hypnosis?

leafpower

Tnks a lot TotalPotato! im ur BIGGEST fan from now on! XD i was wondering if its possible that cacnea could learn dark pulse + poison jab + giga drain from another pokemon!.. (yeah i know, i love the giga drain move, by the way, do u know how do i clone TM´s???)

Saludoos!

I think I have gotten this all planned out...I just want to know from you breeding experts out there if it is 100% correct:

I plan to get a male Zangoose to learn Swords Dance to breed with my female Rhyhorn so the male baby Rhyhorn will know Swords Dance...THEN I will let him learn Earthquake, and breed him with my female Sandshrew...to learn Swords Dance AND Earthquake...[?]

I am most concerned with the final outcome...a Sandshrew with Swords Dance and Earthquake....is it bound to happen? Earthquake isn't Sandshrew's egg attack, nor a TM...

Status
Not open for further replies.