• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pichu_power

But Never Again...
Doesn't the game know that Earthquake and Swords Dance weren't taught to the parent by a TM?

Volteon

Back I guess??
Nope. It doesn't matter. If the father has a move and it's in the TM list, it'll be inherited =D (if the baby also learns the TM)

pichu_power

But Never Again...
Heck yes! Okay great! [I just found TM 26, and I don't wanna waste it if I don't have to]
Thank u all!

Quick Freeze

Seismic Toss on Blissey

How do you get seismic toss onto Blissey in Platinum? I've seen people using it but I'm not sure how to get it without transferring from 3rd generation games. Also, is it possible to transfer pokemon from previous games if you have the DSi? Not sure how since there's no slot to put GBA games in like on the DS lite.

Last edited:

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
i have mannnyyy dratinis with the moves, safe gaurd hyperbeam and ourrage
pm me if your interested
i dont care what you trade
but i am looking for shinies if anyone has any they dont want : )

Volteon

Back I guess??
How do you get seismic toss onto Blissey in Platinum? I've seen people using it but I'm not sure how to get it without transferring from 3rd generation games. Also, is it possible to transfer pokemon from previous games if you have the DSi? Not sure how since there's no slot to put GBA games in like on the DS lite.
Without E/FR/LG, you can't have Seismic Toss Blissey.
and you can't migrate with DSi.
;D

i have mannnyyy dratinis with the moves, safe gaurd hyperbeam and ourrage
pm me if your interested
i dont care what you trade
but i am looking for shinies if anyone has any they dont want : )
Trade Forum

KyRoS

Well, I had planned to breed and train a rotom, but when I was going to star and realised that it was genderless...:s
As far as I know, this kind of pokes can only have eggs with ditto, so...What's the best way to get a rotom or ditto well ived?
Ditto can't born by eggs, does it?
Thanks and excuse for my english :s But I'm spanish and I can't speak it very well xD

pichu_power

But Never Again...
To get a good IVd Rotom [I am unexperienced in IVs, so it's just a guess], you jprobly should just keep breeding it with a Ditto...until you are happy with the outcome.

[I got a Modest Rotom with Very Finicky description!]

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Sorry for the late replies - I just got back from holiday.

Is there any way to get a Mime Jr. with Wake-Up Slap and Hypnosis?
Unfortunately, no.

Tnks a lot TotalPotato! im ur BIGGEST fan from now on! XD i was wondering if its possible that cacnea could learn dark pulse + poison jab + giga drain from another pokemon!.. (yeah i know, i love the giga drain move, by the way, do u know how do i clone TM´s???)

Saludoos!
You can't breed all three moves onto a Cacnea without using at least one TM. You can, however, breed Dark Pulse and Poison Jab like so:

Nidoran-M/Rapidash/Farfetch'd/Seviper/Croagunk/Rhyperior (Poison Jab) -> Lucario (Dark Pulse) -> Cacnea
OR
Lucario (Dark Pulse) -> Croagunk (Poison Jab) -> Cacnea

And you can breed Poison Jab and Giga Drain like so:

Croagunk (Poison Jab) -> Cacnea -> Roselia (Giga Drain) -> Cacnea

Visual

Nine one six ~
Is there a way to get a Lapras with Avalanche and Curse?

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Originally, I bred a male Torkoal with Curse with a female Eevee and got an Eevee with Curse.

If I breed a male Togetic with Wish with a female Pikachu, I would obtain a Pikachu with Wish. If I breed this male Pikachu with the female Eevee with Curse would I obtain an Eevee with both these moves or not? Also, is there an easier way to get an Eeeve with Curse and Wish? Thanks.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Originally, I bred a male Torkoal with Curse with a female Eevee and got an Eevee with Curse.

If I breed a male Togetic with Wish with a female Pikachu, I would obtain a Pikachu with Wish. If I breed this male Pikachu with the female Eevee with Curse would I obtain an Eevee with both these moves or not? Also, is there an easier way to get an Eeeve with Curse and Wish? Thanks.
That doesn't work, because only male Pokémon pass on Egg Moves. The easiest way to get Curse and Wish onto Eevee is to Sketch both moves onto a male Smeargle, and breed it with a female Eevee.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
How do you get seismic toss onto Blissey in Platinum? I've seen people using it but I'm not sure how to get it without transferring from 3rd generation games.

you can't. the only way to get seismic toss on blissey is move tutor on FR/LG. i think it learns it also from the move tutor on XD, not 100% sure on that one.

ZacDR

Call me Zac
So I'm trying to teach a wooper both encore and counter.
I have a sealio that knows encore, and a lucario that counters, and respectivly I can get encoreing woopers and countering woopers, but I don't understand how to teach wooper both moves.

by the way, I tried breeding the wooper first with one pokemon, and then breeding the offsping with the next, but it doesn't work.

DreamGG

ShinyLegendCollector
So I'm trying to teach a wooper both encore and counter.
I have a sealio that knows encore, and a lucario that counters, and respectivly I can get encoreing woopers and countering woopers, but I don't understand how to teach wooper both moves.

by the way, I tried breeding the wooper first with one pokemon, and then breeding the offsping with the next, but it doesn't work.
Have a male Smeargle sketch both moves and then breed away :)

atg514

Battle master
I have been trying to breed a bronzor for competetive battling, but it is taking rediculously long compared to all the other pokes I've done. All the baby bronzors are coming out with horrible defense and sp defense IV's, very high speed IV's and usually have more IV's in sp attack than attack which is the exact opposite of what I'm looking for in a bronzong. I've hatched hundreds of eggs and they all seem to have similar s**tty IV's.

Is there any way to have more control over the IV's your pokes get when you breed them?

Is it true that wild pokemon typically have lower IV's or would catching bronzors be a time saving option?

Thanks for any help you can offer

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I have been trying to breed a bronzor for competetive battling, but it is taking rediculously long compared to all the other pokes I've done. All the baby bronzors are coming out with horrible defense and sp defense IV's, very high speed IV's and usually have more IV's in sp attack than attack which is the exact opposite of what I'm looking for in a bronzong. I've hatched hundreds of eggs and they all seem to have similar s**tty IV's.

Is there any way to have more control over the IV's your pokes get when you breed them?

Is it true that wild pokemon typically have lower IV's or would catching bronzors be a time saving option?

Thanks for any help you can offer
When you breed, the offspring always inherits three random IVs from the parents. So you may have two parents with terrible IVs, and the other three random IVs may just not be very good.

atg514

Battle master
When you breed, the offspring always inherits three random IVs from the parents. So you may have two parents with terrible IVs, and the other three random IVs may just not be very good.

Do the three IV's come randomly from both parents or just one?

Status
Not open for further replies.