• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimiii

Keep going, Jack \o/
Do the three IV's come randomly from both parents or just one?

Both. And it's not completely random. First of the inherited IVs can't be HP and second can't be HP or Def. The last one can be any stat.

I have a question. Can Roost be breeded to Scyther without using the TM?

Carthage

Hey i got a great question.
Ok, i was training a Yanmega, trying to get the two ivs i wanted for: Special Attack and Speed... Ok i got it. 30 for Sp. Attack and 31 for Speed. Ok, now i was trying to give it the 510 evs. 252 to each two stats. Ok i kiledl 25 Gastlys with Pokerus and Power Lens, Ok i leveled it up, and gained +43. Ok, after that i killed 25 magikarp with Power Anklet and Pokerus to give it Speed, but at level it up, it only gained +8. I was so angry so i turn off the DS, ok, after that i tried again, the same pokemon, the same place, the same pokemon defeated, but at this very time, it got worst, it only gained +5 at Speed (having 31 ivs at Speed). I saved it, because a friend is going to fix it :D. Ok, now, that friend told me a couple of things. And then he told me, that my method to train was wrong, (my technique to level my pokemon is: In a fight put the pokemon i want to train first, after that, send another to fight in its place, and through that way, the pokemon will gain experience, but i was ignorant, that through that way, it wins evs too, i was shock, i did not know this, and maybe for that reason my Yanmega didnt work out).
After i explained him that how i gave evs to my pokemon, he told me, that he gives evs to is pokemon at Level 97 (around that level) and it evolves them, near that level, and that he trains his pokemon with Rare Candys, so through that way, they wont gain any evs. Its logical xD.

But Im asking, Do i have to train through that way? Im asking because he is very very good at the battles.
Or, How do i have to train to gain the evs and stats that i want?
Please answer me :)

Disfunction51

Hey i got a great question.
Ok, i was training a Yanmega, trying to get the two ivs i wanted for: Special Attack and Speed... Ok i got it. 30 for Sp. Attack and 31 for Speed. Ok, now i was trying to give it the 510 evs. 252 to each two stats. Ok i kiledl 25 Gastlys with Pokerus and Power Lens, Ok i leveled it up, and gained +43. Ok, after that i killed 25 magikarp with Power Anklet and Pokerus to give it Speed, but at level it up, it only gained +8. I was so angry so i turn off the DS, ok, after that i tried again, the same pokemon, the same place, the same pokemon defeated, but at this very time, it got worst, it only gained +5 at Speed (having 31 ivs at Speed). I saved it, because a friend is going to fix it :D. Ok, now, that friend told me a couple of things. And then he told me, that my method to train was wrong, (my technique to level my pokemon is: In a fight put the pokemon i want to train first, after that, send another to fight in its place, and through that way, the pokemon will gain experience, but i was ignorant, that through that way, it wins evs too, i was shock, i did not know this, and maybe for that reason my Yanmega didnt work out).
After i explained him that how i gave evs to my pokemon, he told me, that he gives evs to is pokemon at Level 97 (around that level) and it evolves them, near that level, and that he trains his pokemon with Rare Candys, so through that way, they wont gain any evs. Its logical xD.

But Im asking, Do i have to train through that way? Im asking because he is very very good at the battles.
Or, How do i have to train to gain the evs and stats that i want?
Please answer me :)

Ok that was a little hard to understand but I will try to answer.
I don't know what level your yanmega was at but when EV training the stats go up over time. So the 1st time you got 43 points then the second time he got plus 8. You could do it the way your friend mentioned but I don't think your doing anything wrong.

Carthage

Ok that was a little hard to understand but I will try to answer.
I don't know what level your yanmega was at but when EV training the stats go up over time. So the 1st time you got 43 points then the second time he got plus 8. You could do it the way your friend mentioned but I don't think your doing anything wrong.

Aye, sorry ^^'

Ok, my Yanmega was at 59 when it gained +43, after that he gained only +5 Speed having 31 ivs :'(.

Ok, the thing that im doing wrong is, that i put my pokemon at first place, after that i sand other to fight and so it will gain exp. without even fight, but my friend told me that my pokemon gains evs, without even claim a attack T.T

So, i guess it is what im doing wrong.

Or... is he wrong?
T.T Please, answer me T.T

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Aye, sorry ^^'

Ok, my Yanmega was at 59 when it gained +43, after that he gained only +5 Speed having 31 ivs :'(.

Ok, the thing that im doing wrong is, that i put my pokemon at first place, after that i sand other to fight and so it will gain exp. without even fight, but my friend told me that my pokemon gains evs, without even claim a attack T.T

So, i guess it is what im doing wrong.

Or... is he wrong?
T.T Please, answer me T.T
You should really have asked this in the EV Help Thread sticky in the D/P forum, but I'll answer it here because I happen to know the answer.

Your friend is correct - whenever a Pokémon gains EXP, it also gains EVs. However, your friend's method either wastes an awful lot of time in the Daycare, or an awful lot of Rare Candies. I would find it easier to do EV training right near the beginning, and when your Pokémon has 510 EVs, you can just level it up by battling any random Pokémon.

Carthage

You should really have asked this in the EV Help Thread sticky in the D/P forum, but I'll answer it here because I happen to know the answer.

Your friend is correct - whenever a Pokémon gains EXP, it also gains EVs. However, your friend's method either wastes an awful lot of time in the Daycare, or an awful lot of Rare Candies. I would find it easier to do EV training right near the beginning, and when your Pokémon has 510 EVs, you can just level it up by battling any random Pokémon.

But, at what level is better to give it the evs? At level almost reaching the lv100? And how was supossed to reach at enough level to gain the evs?
Please T.T Im not clear T.T
xD

DreamGG

ShinyLegendCollector
But, at what level is better to give it the evs? At level almost reaching the lv100? And how was supossed to reach at enough level to gain the evs?
xD
It's best to EV train it when it can fight on its own, that way it saves time o.o
There's really no best level because in the end the stats are going to be the same

The reason for +5 Spe is maybe because you leveled up before you added 252 EVs to speed.. maybe you were half way there..There's nothing wrong with +5 because after you're done EV training, your speed is still going to reach max... it really can't go beyond max even if it went +100

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
xD
If you battle the Magikarp first, surely you'll be able to handle them, even at a low level?

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
If i breed a Male Heracross with Megahorn, with a female Heracross, will the newly hatched babies know Megahorn? Or do i have to level them all the way up to Lv 55 -_-

Zimiii

Keep going, Jack \o/
Megahorn is a level-up move, so both parents need to know it if you want the baby Heracross to know it.

Last edited:

Quick Freeze

How do you get wish onto a Blissey? If it involves using a game other than Platinum, what's the best nature/evs/moveset a Blissey on Platinum?

Emiku

I really really hope this is in the right cat OTL;
Uhm im giving away some pichu's that knows volt tackle if anyone wants any. You can give me anything in return bidoof ect. i just want more chance of winning the lottery with all your IP's
SO YEAAH uhm if anyone wants any just ask :D;;
sorry if this is in the wrong cat

DreamGG

ShinyLegendCollector
I really really hope this is in the right cat OTL;
Uhm im giving away some pichu's that knows volt tackle if anyone wants any. You can give me anything in return bidoof ect. i just want more chance of winning the lottery with all your IP's
SO YEAAH uhm if anyone wants any just ask :D;;
sorry if this is in the wrong cat
Yeah wrong. There's a trading forum
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=404697

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
If i make my Heracross 'remember' Night Slash with a Heart Scale, and then breed it, will the babies know it? Do i have to make both the parent's remember it?

EDIT: OH and if i teach Male Heracross Rock Slide, will he pass it on to his offspring?

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
If i make my Heracross 'remember' Night Slash with a Heart Scale, and then breed it, will the babies know it? Do i have to make both the parent's remember it?

EDIT: OH and if i teach Male Heracross Rock Slide, will he pass it on to his offspring?
Because Night Slash is a level up move both parents need to know it (because even if it's "level -", Heracross has five level - moves, and Night Slash is the first one, so it's still a necessity)
Kinda confusing, but you're better using Heart Scale on the baby Herry of your choice ;D

And yes, Male with Rock Slide will pass the TM to all the babies =)

DreamGG

ShinyLegendCollector

Both parents have to know Night Slash

Rock Slide is a TM so yes the MALE Heracross can breed it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.