• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Whats the easiest way to get a Misdreavus with Will-O-Wisp and Ominous Wind?

fast_evo8

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss
Hi how do you breed a swablu with pirsuit, dragon breath and dragon rush??

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
in short, you cant. swablu doesnt get dragonbreath. altaria does at lv35. and thers no compatible chain for pursuit and dragon rush as none of the dragons capable of passing down dragon rush can learn pursuit

blckdemondrgn

lv 8 Shiny Hunter
I need confirmation on this:

In HG/SS, when using power items does it not work when a ditto is holding one when breeding with a no gender pokemon? To clarify, ditto holding a power item is nullified when breeding with a no gender pokemon.

Just spent a few hours trying to pass on special defense from my ditto while my porygon was holding power weight to keep its HP iv. So far I only kept my HP iv and the ditto's sp. def iv did not pass on.

I have gotten to pass on two ivs with my squirtle through power items method but not porygon atm. Any help is appreciated.

firestar319

The Marauder
I have a question. Volbeat can get Baton Pass as an egg move, however Volbeat can only be male. So in order to get a Volbeat with Baton Pass, do I have to breed a male parent with Baton Pass with an Illumise to get the Volbeat?

Lunar-Sneasel

How do you do the egg nature glitch in HG/SS? I heard it was possible.

Are you talking about breeding for nature? It's not a glitch, if you have a female Pokemon or Ditto with a nature you want the offspring to have, you can just give it an everstone and the nature will be more likely to be passed on to the baby Pokemon. I'm not sure how much, you could probably check the first post in this forum.

blckdemondrgn

lv 8 Shiny Hunter
No the glitch in the boxes to see an eggs nature.

to knowledge, this has been fixed since platinum and was only accessible in diamond/pearl.

I need a murkrow with brave bird for a team I'm working on, you say I should breed a starly and a murkrow, are there any specifics? or can I just breed the two regardless of gender and other specifics?

Calanthe

Hi all, I am trying to get into chain breeding, but I am having trouble making some multiple move connections. I read through the OP, but it doesnt really cover what I am having trouble with. I also searched the thread and didnt find anything with the exact same specifications.

I am trying to get a chikorita with counter and grasswhistle, a growlithe with flare blitz and crunch and a horsea with dragonbreath, muddy water and aurora beam.

I have the pokewalker horsea with muddy water, so that makes things somewhat simpler I think. Obviously this isnt to put together an allstar competition team, but just a good group of pokemon to go through HG with.

any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Chikorita cannot get Counter and Grasswhistle in the same moveset, same applies to Horsea. Growlithe gets both Flare Blitz and Crunch through level up, although if it is vital that it has it at level 1, then Smeargle can sketch both moves.

Calanthe

*laughs* just my luck that my first attempt at chain breeding for moves and I pick pairs of moves that arent possible ^_^

thanks for the quick response, and saving me hours of frustrating hassle!

Status
Not open for further replies.