• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprintking

Hi I'm currently masuda-ing my way to a shiny elekid, and I was wondering what the preferred natures are for that family, to know if any of the nonshinies are worth saving.

Volteon

Back I guess??

Moontini

hmm, im trying to get an eevee that knows wish, baton pass and curse. i have a male smeargle with all three and a female eevee, but all the offspring always have takle, tailwhip, curse and wish. is there anyway i can boot off another starting move for the baton pass?

hitoshura0

hmm, im trying to get an eevee that knows wish, baton pass and curse. i have a male smeargle with all three and a female eevee, but all the offspring always have takle, tailwhip, curse and wish. is there anyway i can boot off another starting move for the baton pass?

Level up the Eevee until it learns Baton Pass. Then it should pass that down.

mg gigbut

the cacturne king
hey im having some problems with getting a golduck that knows cross chop and hypnosis, i bred a pirmape and a golduck together to get a female psyduck with cross chop the i bred her with my poliwrath to get hypnosis, but it isnt working, i just keep getitng a psyduck that only knows hypnosis, can someone please help i really want this golduck!

mg gigbut

the cacturne king
hey im having some problems with getting a golduck that knows cross chop and hypnosis, i bred a pirmape and a golduck together to get a female psyduck with cross chop the i bred her with my poliwrath to get hypnosis, but it isnt working, i just keep getitng a psyduck that only knows hypnosis, can someone please help i really want this golduck!

Serebii!

Im getting a dragonite adamant nature is extreme speed a good move to use with it or should i go with dragon dance and other attacks

thepomster

i need some breeding help, i have a male dratini that knows dragon dance, i am breeding it with my female bagon but they wont breed why is this

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
does the man actually say they prefer to play with other pokemon or does he jus say they dont seem to like each other much? cos if its the second statement, they will breed only at a slower rate then normal

Emerald 2006

Can someone PLEASE help me out?
I've gone through 50-60 *expletives* eggs,
and I have NOT been able to find just
ONE MALE ADAMANT NATURED RALTS!!!
I have almost no patience in breeding, and I just NEED help!
Please, anyone. I'll make it up to you!

Emerald 2006

Can someone PLEASE help me out?
I've gone through 50-60 *expletives* eggs,
and I have NOT been able to find just
ONE MALE ADAMANT NATURED RALTS!!!
I have almost no patience in breeding, and I just NEED help!
Please, anyone. I'll make it up to you!
PM me. I'll send you the details.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
use everstone on a female adamant ralts, or adamant ditto. this increases the chances of hatchlings being adamant, aside from that its jus patience. the gender ratio doesnt make things easier

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
^This. With the Everstone on an Adamant Pokemon in the daycare (it actually works with either gender as of DP), you chance of an egg hatching into an Adamant Male Ralts climbs to 25% (as opposed to the 2% chance without it).

Im getting a dragonite adamant nature is extreme speed a good move to use with it or should i go with dragon dance and other attacks

Extremespeed's okay. I've got one with it, and it is helpful if you want to quickly KO a Pokemon with only a little HP left (basically a revenge kill) or want to get in one last attack before you faint. It'd be especially useful on bulkier Dragonite sets, since it allows you to move EV's off of speed without losing much. However, your main attacking move with Dragonite should be a move like Outrage or Dragon Rush.

Edit: Here's an example set to show you what I mean:
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 Atk, 200 HP, 56 Spd
Dragon Rush
Extremespeed
Fire Punch/Earthquake
Roost

Obviously the EV's could use some tweaking, but you get the general idea.

Last edited:

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
I've attached an Everstone to my female Jolly Gligar and threw it in the daycare with a Ditto. However, it's been over 60 hatched Gligars, and not ONE turned out to be Jolly. This is very frustrating, as I didn't have this problem before when I bred Bold Eevees and Adamant Charmanders. What's going on? Why can't I get another Jolly Gligar x_x;

hitoshura0

The everstone needs to be on the ditto when breeding with a gendered pokemon in order for it to work.

decadencia

ok so im wondering this... i kno giving the everstone works, do it all the time... now for a pkmn that has no gender, porygon for example, can i give porygon the everstone to pass its nature and ditto the power lens for its spatk? or it HAS to be the ditto even tho both of these pkmn have no gender?!

Status
Not open for further replies.