• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Can my Politoad learn Mud Bomb via Heart Scale since Poliwhirl learns Mud Bomb at Lv. 53?

No, because according to Politoed's Pokedex page, Mud Bomb is a pre-evolution move.
This means you can't teach it mud bomb via giving a heart scale to the move relearner, as only moves that the Pokemon learns by level up can be taught this way.

So if you want a Politoed with Mud Bomb, you would have to level up Poliwhirl to lv. 53 (or Poliwag to 41), teach it Mud Bomb then, then evolve it into Politoed. Also, you can have it learn Mud Bomb through breeding if both the mother and father know the move.

Klinny

Skitty Chaser
How would you get an Umbreon with the egg moves 'dark pulse' and 'night slash'?

As far as I am aware, you cannot.

Eevee can not learn Night Slash or Dark Pulse at all, so you cannot breed an Eevee with these moves.

Umbreon also cannot learn Night Slash, and can only learn Dark Pulse via TM.

Trapman

Bazinga!!
I´m trying to breed a Staryu with timid nature. I have a Ditto with timid nature which has everstone and i´ve hatched five eggs but none of them were timid. Staryu is genderless, doesn´t the everstone trick work because of that or am I just unlucky?

Trapman

Bazinga!!
I´m trying to breed a Staryu with timid nature. I have a Ditto with timid nature which has everstone and i´ve hatched five eggs but none of them were timid. Staryu is genderless, doesn´t the everstone trick work because of that or am I just unlucky?

wichu

If the Staryu was captured on a different language game than Ditto, the Everstone won't work. If you got one or both in trades, try replacing them with ones caught or bred on your own game. If they are from the same language games, you're just unlucky.

Kamer

Okay, shoot me if this is a dumb question, but:

Serebii's move calculator says that I can get Selfdestruct and Curse on a Snorlax. Thing is, selfdestruct only comes on Munchlax out of the pokewalker and Curse is an egg move. So, what am I missing? How do I get both on the same pokemon? Thank you in advance. XD

Sprintking

Selfdestruct is a XD tutor move, so hatch a Snorlax 3rd gen with Curse, trade it to XD and teach it Selfdestruct, and then transfer it to your 4th gen game.

Bunface

Jewel Runner
Hey guys, I've never even contemplated egg moves before, so I need some help breeding a Shroomish with False Swipe. How would I go about obtaining one? Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Tiomasta

Not amused
Hey guys, I've never even contemplated egg moves before, so I need some help breeding a Shroomish with False Swipe. How would I go about obtaining one? Thanks in advance for any help. :)

The egg has the species of the female(always the lowest form, unless it requires an incense equipped like Munchlax and stuff) and the egg moves of the male. Get a female Shroomish/Breloom and a male pokemon of the same egg group that has the desired egg move.

The pokemons of that egg group that can have False Swipe are the Paras family(obtained at the safari), Seedot family, Shroomish family and Mawile. Paras and Parasect are the only ones that can learn it by TM, no one can learn it by level.

Get a male Paras/Parasect, use the False Swipe TM(bought at Veilstone) on it and leave it in the daycare with a female Shroomish/Breloom, all eggs will be Shroomishes with False Swipe.

Hmm.. I think you'd have to breed DD onto it through a dratini/horsea, then tutor it Ice Punch in Platinum/HG/SS.. Or at least, that's the way I can figure to do it.
Hm, do you have to get the ice punch tutor with only battle points? Because I don't even have any battle tower teams. And if its possible I'd like to breed both moves and send an egg over at the beginning of my game.

MokKish

Breeding Enthustiast
Quick Question:
Male Sunkern with Sunny Day
Female Chikorita.

Will I get a Chikorita with Sunny Day? I used my TM, apparently.

Yes you will, as Chikorita can learn Sunny Day by TM. It doesn't matter how the father learnd the move.

Aurath8

I have a male Ampibom with Return. Return isn't listed as an egg move so if I breed my male Ambipom with a female Aipom, will the offspring have Return? I think Serebii only lists moves only obtainable by the method. (chimchar learns flamethrower by levelup, monferno learns it by tm but not through levelup, but flamethrower still isn't listed as a prevolution move.)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I have a male Ampibom with Return. Return isn't listed as an egg move so if I breed my male Ambipom with a female Aipom, will the offspring have Return? I think Serebii only lists moves only obtainable by the method. (chimchar learns flamethrower by levelup, monferno learns it by tm but not through levelup, but flamethrower still isn't listed as a prevolution move.)

Return is a TM Aipom can learn, so it doesn't matter if its in its list of Egg Moves or not.

Aurath8

Yeah but I'm a cheapskate when it comes to pokemon, I'd rather breed which costs 200$ and quite a bit of time than pay 1000$ for the TM and spend no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.