• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunface

Jewel Runner
As this a breeding thread, might as well ask in here. :)

Male Scyther (Adamant) w/ Everstone + Female Scyther (29 ATT IV) w/Power bracer = 100% chance of offspring with 29 ATT IV, and 50% chance of it being Adamant. Correct?

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
Male Scyther (Adamant) w/ Everstone + Female Scyther (29 ATT IV) w/Power bracer = 100% chance of offspring with 29 ATT IV, and 50% chance of it being Adamant. Correct?

no. males pass moves, females pass natures & species. the power item only works on HG/SS, & if placed on the female, cancels out the nature percentage. it's totally random what nature you'll get with that combo. you would need to save & SR before taking the egg & rehatch until you get adamant.

your best chance of adamant nature would be Male Scyther (hopefully good ATT IV) w/ Power bracer + Female Scyther (Adamant) w/Everstone = 100% chance of offspring with hopefully good ATT IV, and 50% chance of it being Adamant.

Bunface

Jewel Runner
no. males pass moves, females pass natures & species. the power item only works on HG/SS, & if placed on the female, cancels out the nature percentage. it's totally random what nature you'll get with that combo. you would need to save & SR before taking the egg & rehatch until you get adamant.

your best chance of adamant nature would be Male Scyther (hopefully good ATT IV) w/ Power bracer + Female Scyther (Adamant) w/Everstone = 100% chance of offspring with hopefully good ATT IV, and 50% chance of it being Adamant.

I'm using HG, as (I think) this thread is for all IV Gen discussion and not just D/P/P? So the power item will work no problem. Why is the nature cancelled out if you're using an Everstone + Power Item? And is there no way around that? :(

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
its not that the nature passing is cancelled out. the previous poster was mistaken as it appears they thought females pass nature without the help of everstone, the rest is correct though

Bunface

Jewel Runner
its not that the nature passing is cancelled out. the previous poster was mistaken as it appears they thought females pass nature without the help of everstone, the rest is correct though

...you've just confused me. So he was mistaken but still right? ^_^ Please clarify.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
reading their post gives the impression the females pass nature regardless of any hold item and that putting a power item on them would cancel it out. that was mistaken

that bit was still correct though

Bunface

Jewel Runner
reading their post gives the impression the females pass nature regardless of any hold item and that putting a power item on them would cancel it out. that was mistaken

that bit was still correct though
Ah, I see. So if the male was Adamant and holding an Everstone, and the female had the excellent IV and holding the Power Item, would that be less likely to pass down the IV?

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
the iv would be passed down regardless, gender doesnt affect the power items. the female is the only one that can determine nature i believe though

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
give it a go then. im not sure if its entirely true myself as i havent done any major breeding on hgss, only ever on d/p/pt. other people have reported it as possible in the past though

MokKish

Breeding Enthustiast
Only I found this when researching it, which would appear to suggest that either can pass down on HG/SS?

In HG/SS male AND female parent are both capable of passing down the nature, only genderless pokemon (except ditto) are still not able to pass it down. (Idk about B/W tho!). And the IV's can be passed down with power items by both parents, the gender doesn't matter there.

Might as well add that I believe I myself and some others have already responded to questions like this before, please read the thread a little further before asking things like this ;)

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!

not what i thought (or said) at all... without the everstone on the female it's more random what nature you're going to get...hence this- "your best chance of adamant nature would be Male Scyther (hopefully good ATT IV) w/ Power bracer + Female Scyther (Adamant) w/Everstone = 100% chance of offspring with hopefully good ATT IV, and 50% chance of it being Adamant. "

i will admit to not doing much breeding on HG/SS, so i was not aware that on HG/SS both parents can pass natures, i assumed that it was still just the female w/everstone.

Bunface

Jewel Runner
Ok, another question - if I have a male/female Scyther with two IV's that I want to pass down (namely 29 Att and 31 Def) how do I go about it? And is there a way to dictate the nature of the offspring with the two IV's?

MokKish

Breeding Enthustiast
Ok, another question - if I have a male/female Scyther with two IV's that I want to pass down (namely 29 Att and 31 Def) how do I go about it? And is there a way to dictate the nature of the offspring with the two IV's?

in this case you'd want to go with power belt held by the pokemon with the high defence stat, since defence is harder to pass down than attack (google it if you don't believe me, can't remember the %...) and the other parent holding everstone if it has the nature that you want, because in my experience 2 stats can't be 100% passed down with power items. if i remember correctly, if both parents hold a power item, it's 50/50 chance which stat will get passed and the other one will be passed by chance.

Bunface

Jewel Runner
in this case you'd want to go with power belt held by the pokemon with the high defence stat, since defence is harder to pass down than attack (google it if you don't believe me, can't remember the %...) and the other parent holding everstone if it has the nature that you want, because in my experience 2 stats can't be 100% passed down with power items. if i remember correctly, if both parents hold a power item, it's 50/50 chance which stat will get passed and the other one will be passed by chance.

So I'd need Scyther w/ Power Belt + Adamant Scyther w/ Everstone, and to just keep breeding till I got an Adamant with a solid Att IV?

Suicune3000

Water Lord
^^Yes. Although since bred pokemon's IV's are (as a rule) generally higher than those in the wild, it will be fairly quick.

chocoboy

In School
Is it possible to get pineco with toxic spikes AND power trick. I'm thinking:
-Get a shuckle to pass down power trick to pineco
-Evolve pineco and use a heart scale to give it toxic spikes
-Use forretress to pass down both egg moves to a pineco.

Will it work?

MokKish

Breeding Enthustiast
Is it possible to get pineco with toxic spikes AND power trick. I'm thinking:
-Get a shuckle to pass down power trick to pineco
-Evolve pineco and use a heart scale to give it toxic spikes
-Use forretress to pass down both egg moves to a pineco.

Will it work?

as long as you're breeding in hg/ss/b/w and the baby pineco you're levelling up is male, yes it will.

chocoboy

In School
Can anyone give me a list of the most commonly bred-for/best egg moves in the OU tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.