• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangertrout

I am completely confused on hatching for a shiny. I have been looking at every method there is masuda method, RNG and other things. I think i have overwhelmed myself and just dont understand now. All I want is shiny charmander but the method I am using is just hacthing eggs nothing special that its I'm only at around like 150 eggs hatched. Can anyones shed any light on this subject?

I know how you feel, I've passed 900 eggs for my shiny charmander and still nothing.

Anyways, Masuda Method means breeding two pokemon from different language games to increase your chance of hatching a shiny egg. In Gen 4 I believe the chances go from 1/8192 to 1/1639. You can get foreign pokemon from the GTS if you don't know anyone with a different language game from yours.

RNG abuse is when you use a program to determine where your shiny will be and then calculating what you have to do to get to it. (For example, how many times to flip the magikarp coin in your poketch)
I'm not very familiar with RNG abuse, so that's a very basic explanation. You can find RNG threads around serebii and get more information there.

I like using Masuda Method, just because RNG abuse feels like cheating to me. The pokemon are legitimately created in your game, so it's not hacking or anything... but somehow hatching 1000+ eggs for a shiny makes it more special.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Dangertrout, the odds are 1/1339 in Gen 5. In Gen 4 it's 1/2039 or something like that.

Stay Gold

BattleSubway Trainer
I've been having a problem lately i hope someone can help me solve. For some reason my power anklet doesnt seem to work with speed ivs. Ive given to my ditto with max speed and also tried it with my dragonite with max speed ivs, butthe offspring dot always get the iv, flr example, i just bred for 2 dratini with my 31 speed dragonite holding the anklet, but the offspring only had around 8 and 20 speed. Am O doing something wrong?

Aquarelle

Staff member
I've been having a problem lately i hope someone can help me solve. For some reason my power anklet doesnt seem to work with speed ivs. Ive given to my ditto with max speed and also tried it with my dragonite with max speed ivs, butthe offspring dot always get the iv, flr example, i just bred for 2 dratini with my 31 speed dragonite holding the anklet, but the offspring only had around 8 and 20 speed. Am O doing something wrong?

Which game are you breeding in? The power item mechanic was introduced in HGSS, so if you're breeding in DPPt, giving your Pokemon the Power Anklet won't guarantee that the offspring will inherit the Speed IV.

Dangertrout

Dangertrout, the odds are 1/1339 in Gen 5. In Gen 4 it's 1/2039 or something like that.

Hmm, then bulbapedia has failed me >.< "Masuda's method lets players breed Pokémon of differing real-world geographical origin with a 1/1639 (Generation IV) or 1/1366 (Generation V) probability of being Shiny upon hatching. "

@Stay Gold, in addition to what Aquarelle said, if both pokemon are holding power items the game will randomly choose which power item to activate.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Would anyone be willing to do a breeding project for me? I do not care if it's RNGd or not - I've attempted it myself and it's driving me crazy. Looking for:

Miltank, Female, Adamant
Outstanding or Relatively Superior IVs overall
Can't be Better IVs in either Attack or Speed, preferably both
w/ Hammer Arm egg move
Must be unhatched, still in the egg when traded to me.

If you could do this for me, please drop me a PM stating what you'd like in return, and I'll see what I can do. I have a ton of evo stones, rare Rowap Berries and access to all pokemon (non-legendary) gens 1-4.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I have actually figured out some chains from the OP funnily enough...

zzzz

I've been doing quite a bit of egg move breeding lately and i'm looking for some help thinking of some interesting move sets to breed on pokes. What i'll offer is if you give a suggestion that I decide to do I will give you one of the resulting hatchlings. Also they may not technically be egg moves but any moves that are passed down via tm count for me as well. I have a complete dex and most tm's available. I have a post on the eggmove trading thread if you want to see what I've already got. Hoping to see some cool suggestions thanks in advance. You can pm me w/ suggestions

darkvizard

I'm trying to breed a beldum and it keeps getting 31 iv in hp but all the other stats are crap. I found out that my ditto has 31 in its hp iv, and I don't want to spend time catching another adamant dittos ever again since I spent literally hours on it with synchronize. Can I get a hatch a good beldum and breed it with ditto to make a better beldum or my iv's will totally be influenced by the ditto only?

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
yes you can hatch a good beldum and replace with one you are currently using. both parents determine iv's not jus the ditto alone

DarkNidoking

Breed Master
Has anyone figured out why the GTS (4th gen) never has any foriegn named/OT'd Squirtle for trade?

Martinzqx

I want an Aggron with body slam and head smash. Is this possible? I have cranidos with head smash and bred it with a female cranidos and that worked fine. I am just confused as to how to get body slam to aggron=/

Dangertrout

I want an Aggron with body slam and head smash. Is this possible? I have cranidos with head smash and bred it with a female cranidos and that worked fine. I am just confused as to how to get body slam to aggron=/

Not sure if you've figured this out / had this answered yet, but there are no pokemon that learn both those moves to breed with Aron. :(

Drippy Miltank

Journeyman Breeder
Not sure if you've figured this out / had this answered yet, but there are no pokemon that learn both those moves to breed with Aron. :(
Oh snaps you're right. I was going to suggest using smergle, but hes in the ground egg group and aggron is from the monster egg group.

Hi, I was wondering if a Treecko could know all these moves: Leaf Storm, Crush Claw, Synthesis and DragonBreath at level 1. Is it possible to say, chain-breed one or something? Thanks in advance!

Dangertrout

Hi, I was wondering if a Treecko could know all these moves: Leaf Storm, Crush Claw, Synthesis and DragonBreath at level 1. Is it possible to say, chain-breed one or something? Thanks in advance!

I'm afraid nothing learns all those moves and can breed with Treecko. I think the best you could do is Leaf Storm + one of the other moves.
You would breed the other move first (crush claw, synthesis or dragonbreath), take a male baby from that first batch and evolve / level him up to learn Leaf Storm and then breed that male to get babies with Leaf Storm + the other move you bred.

I'm afraid nothing learns all those moves and can breed with Treecko. I think the best you could do is Leaf Storm + one of the other moves.
You would breed the other move first (crush claw, synthesis or dragonbreath), take a male baby from that first batch and evolve / level him up to learn Leaf Storm and then breed that male to get babies with Leaf Storm + the other move you bred.

Ah, okay, thanks :)

Drippy Miltank

Journeyman Breeder
Also how can I get a bronzong with earthquake and self-destruct
Bronzor can't learn self-destruct nor explosion. To make things worse, bronzor is genderless, so there's no way to cross-species chain breed earthquake onto it. The best you can do is use the earthquake TM on a bronzor or bronzong and breed untill you have the nature/IV you want. Then just evolve the hatchling to a bronzong and use the Explosion TM.

Status
Not open for further replies.