• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

curvedbean

Breeding Master
Anything you do with a hack device is considered hacking...
It gives you a huge advantage over those people who can't or don't want to use them. so yeah, it is hacking considering this forum rules =/
but the whole "this is hack this is not" thing depends to whom are you talking with.

well that's pretty dumb considering I still have to hatch 200+ eggs to get high IVs. it's almost like using a pokemon with flame body or magma armor to hatch faster eggs.

Penguinist Trainer

No, Flame Body and Magma armor are available in-game. If you have to use a device that is not part of the game itself, that is cheating.

Part of the game involves patience, so if you want to hatch eggs with the perfect egg moves, nature, stats, you have to be prepared to be patient. Using a device to alter the gameplay... even if it just involves hatching an egg is still considered cheating.

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Volteon said:
this has been asked so many times that's not funny anymore =/ I should add something in the first post ... seriously.

Huh? It's not in the first post already? I'm actually pretty sure it is. The problem is that nobody actually reads the first post anymore (seriously, most of these questions are probably answered there already), but unfortunately there's nothing you can do about that.

curvedbean said:
well that's pretty dumb considering I still have to hatch 200+ eggs to get high IVs. it's almost like using a pokemon with flame body or magma armor to hatch faster eggs.

Like Volteon said, it depends on who you ask. I personally would not call it hacking if you sped up the egg hatching process. Yes, it took me longer to hatch my own eggs, but eventually I was satisfied with what I got, and now have a competitively viable Pokemon, right? In my opinion, at least in this case, the ends DO justify the means. And I'm sure a lot of people that you will battle won't give a damn whether it took you 5120 steps to hatch your eggs or 100 steps; all they'll care about is if you tampered with the IVs at all or anything like that.

Still, it depends on who you ask. And this forum is one that happens to define hacking simply as "the usage of an external hacking device" or equivalent.

TSL

Mischievous.
I stumbled across something very odd today.
I decided to breed some Piplup from a Piplup I had received on the GTS a while ago that was level 1, and knew the moves is started off with I think (I know for sure it didn't know surf and waterfall).
Anyway, so I put it in daycare with a Ditto and when the eggs of it hatched (all three of them),
they knew waterfall and surf!
What? I wasn't aware HM moves could even be passed on. Is this perhaps a very messed up Piplup that had some hidden coding or something?
I really am bedazzled by this.

R_N

I stumbled across something very odd today.
I decided to breed some Piplup from a Piplup I had received on the GTS a while ago that was level 1, and knew the moves is started off with I think (I know for sure it didn't know surf and waterfall).
Anyway, so I put it in daycare with a Ditto and when the eggs of it hatched (all three of them),
they knew waterfall and surf!
What? I wasn't aware HM moves could even be passed on. Is this perhaps a very messed up Piplup that had some hidden coding or something?
I really am bedazzled by this.

I think all HMs & TMs can be passed on. I know I have a few Chimchars with Rock Climb, for example

& I figure here would be a good place to ask since it determines how many hoops I have to jump through breeding-wise, so...I'm trying to prep a Technician Scyther for the PBR Little Cup, but am unsure of what moves to breed on to it.
Pursuit or Night Slash? Should I try to get Metal Claw on it? Iron Head? Pester a Platinum user & try for Bullet Punch? Wing Attack?

Last edited:

Ghostman8

Breed and Chainer
I need some help

I'm trying to breed a totodile that knows Ice punch and Dragon Dance but I can't get a totodile that knows both, Any ideas to what pokemon I should use to breed it with.

Perfect Sphere

I need some help

I'm trying to breed a totodile that knows Ice punch and Dragon Dance but I can't get a totodile that knows both, Any ideas to what pokemon I should use to breed it with.

1) You need Emerald
2) Male Dragonite
3) Dragonite knows Dragon Dance
4) Go to move tutor and teach him Ice Punch
5) Pal Park the Dragonite
6) Breed with Female totodile

TSL

Mischievous.
I think all HMs & TMs can be passed on. I know I have a few Chimchars with Rock Climb, for example

But, regardless, neither parent knew Surf or Waterfall. A move that neither parent knows can't be passed on out of the blue, can it?

Dabottle

AKA Ados.
I don't think Shellos has to do with where you hatch it because I hatched loads on the east and they were all pink so does anyone have an idea about this?

Maybe you could add the Smeargle stuff to the thread name to stop the onslaught of questions

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
i would like to know how to teach azumarill aqua jet?
can someone please tell me what to cross...thank you

Dandy

Phoolish Filosopher
I'm still a bit confused as to how I do this whole breeding for moves thing. I want a Gible with Outrage, but I'm not 100% sure how to do it. Can someone explain how I should go about getting one, please?

R_N

i would like to know how to teach azumarill aqua jet?
can someone please tell me what to cross...thank you

Breeding a male Floatzel (I think it learns it fairly early on, wild ones have it, it's the easiest option) with a female Azumarill/Marill
I'm still a bit confused as to how I do this whole breeding for moves thing. I want a Gible with Outrage, but I'm not 100% sure how to do it. Can someone explain how I should go about getting one, please?

Any male Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite with the move + female Gible/Gabite/Garchomp.

Dandy

Phoolish Filosopher
Any male Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite with the move + female Gible/Gabite/Garchomp.

Is it guarenteed to make a Gible, or could it make a Dratini? Also, does it get it's mum or dads nature?

R_N

Is it guarenteed to make a Gible, or could it make a Dratini? Also, does it get it's mum or dads nature?

Whatever the female is=the baby
Natures are random, though I think you can influence it if the female holds an everstone

Dandy

Phoolish Filosopher
So basically - Male Dratini/Dragonair/Dragnoite w/Outrage + female Gible (jolly nature) w/Everstone = baby Gible (jolly nature) w/Outrage?

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
Breeding a male Floatzel (I think it learns it fairly early on, wild ones have it, it's the easiest option) with a female Azumarill/Marill

thanks...i know how to breed but i just wasn't sure with this one exactly THANKS :D

R_N

So basically - Male Dratini/Dragonair/Dragnoite w/Outrage + female Gible (jolly nature) w/Everstone = baby Gible (jolly nature) w/Outrage?

Should work, yes!
Though the nature still has a chance to be not Jolly so get ready for some hot hot reload action

Dandy

Phoolish Filosopher
Should work, yes!
Though the nature still has a chance to be not Jolly so get ready for some hot hot reload action

If it doesn't have a Jolly nature, do I have to completely redo the process? Or can I just take the same two out of the Daycare center and try again?

Status
Not open for further replies.