• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

studbot

Does the male Horsea/Bagon have the move you want to pass down in its current moveset? If not, there's your problem.

i have a male horsea and it has agility, and when i put it with a female piplup the old guy said they don't like each other.

i have a male dratini who has dragondance and a female bagon, and the old guy said they don't like each other too.

do they still give you and egg even if the guy says they dont' like eachother?

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
if the guy says they would rather play with other pokemon then with each other then you will not get an egg from them. anything else means you must jus have patience and an egg will come eventually

Okay, I'm having trouble figuring out a breed chain, so I'm hoping for some help. Without using TMs, I want to chain breed both Sludge Bomb and Energy Ball onto a Bulbasaur. I've figured out individual chain breeds for both already:

Sludge Bomb: Grimer-Gastrodon-Corphish/Crawdaunt-Paras-Bulbasaur
Energy Ball: Treecko-Paras-Bulbasaur

I've seen where TM moves known by a parent and the child can be bred down via Ditto (even if the non-Ditto pokemon is a Female) to the resulting baby before. And I doubt that if I had a female Paras w/Sludge Bomb, if bred with a male Paras w/Energy Ball (or vice versa) would result in a baby with both. However, I don't know it for certain. If someone could verify this one way or the other, I'd appreciate it.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Okay, I'm having trouble figuring out a breed chain, so I'm hoping for some help. Without using TMs, I want to chain breed both Sludge Bomb and Energy Ball onto a Bulbasaur. I've figured out individual chain breeds for both already:

Sludge Bomb: Grimer-Gastrodon-Corphish/Crawdaunt-Paras-Bulbasaur
Energy Ball: Treecko-Paras-Bulbasaur

I've seen where TM moves known by a parent and the child can be bred down via Ditto (even if the non-Ditto pokemon is a Female) to the resulting baby before. And I doubt that if I had a female Paras w/Sludge Bomb, if bred with a male Paras w/Energy Ball (or vice versa) would result in a baby with both. However, I don't know it for certain. If someone could verify this one way or the other, I'd appreciate it.
Neither of those chains will work, because Shellos can't learn Sludge Bomb, and neither Corphish (Water 1/Water 3) or Treecko (Monster/Dragon) can breed with Paras (Bug/Plant).

If you breed a female Paras with Sludge Bomb with a male Paras with Energy Ball, you'd get a Paras with Energy Ball, because only male Pokémon pass down moves.

I can't find a way to get both moves onto Bulbasaur without using a TM, I'm afraid. The best I can do is give you the shortest chains for one move on its own. It looks like you'll have to use one of your TMs (or buy another at the Battle Park).

Lotad (Energy Ball at Level 43) -> Bulbasaur

Smeargle (having Sketched Sludge Bomb) -> Nidoran -> Bulbasaur

Carthage

ey...guys... i dont know where to put this... so i put it here...
How do you get the pokeball... upside of the entrance of the solaceon ruins¿?
Please send a pm...i aprecciate...

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
ey...guys... i dont know where to put this... so i put it here...
How do you get the pokeball... upside of the entrance of the solaceon ruins¿?
Please send a pm...i aprecciate...

Please look around a bit next time. There's an obvious sticky labeled "Official Help Thread" both in this forum and in the D/P board. Here's the link for next time.

Since I happen to know the answer to your question, I'll answer it here. First, you have to catch all 26 different Unown forms. Then, go in the cave dug by the Ruin Maniac on Route 214. This cave leads to an upper chamber to Solaceon Ruins where you can find the ! and ? Unown forms. There is a way out of this chamber that leads outside and to the item you're talking about (I can't remember what it is, but it's not a fantastic item or anything).

Im not entirely sure if im understanding this right, so ill explain my goal and realize if im able to or not.

Im looking to make a Porygon with Tri Attack at an early level. I figured i could use that eggmoves system (as it learns tri attack at 51). My goal is to have a porygon at level 50 for a small tournament here. Now, if i remember, porygon cant breed with anyone but ditto right?

Is there any possible way i can get tri attack on a egg or at an early level?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Im not entirely sure if im understanding this right, so ill explain my goal and realize if im able to or not.

Im looking to make a Porygon with Tri Attack at an early level. I figured i could use that eggmoves system (as it learns tri attack at 51). My goal is to have a porygon at level 50 for a small tournament here. Now, if i remember, porygon cant breed with anyone but ditto right?

Is there any possible way i can get tri attack on a egg or at an early level?

The only way to get level-up moves from birth is if both the parents know the move, and the baby normally learns the move through level-up means. You can't get a Porygon to learn Tri-Attack at an early level or birth.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
^ Porygon can learn Tri Attack at level 36 in the 3rd Gen. games.

Ritchie

EV trainer
I need help with a Dunsparce's moveset, which is the following:
- Earthquake (TM)
- Bite (Egg Move)
- Headbutt (Egg Move)
- Body Slam (Tutor)

I have FR so I can teach him Body Slam there and I can teach him Earthquake via TM, but how can I breed the other moves? I need help thanks!

eevee worshiper

Evil She Demon ^_~
ARRRRRRRRG I bred a male bidoof that knows yawn with a female eevee but the eevees that are hatching aren't learning the move yawn!!!!!!!

WHAT GIVES???????

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
ARRRRRRRRG I bred a male bidoof that knows yawn with a female eevee but the eevees that are hatching aren't learning the move yawn!!!!!!!

WHAT GIVES???????

Bidoof and Evee are both in the same egg group and Yawn is indeed an egg move of the evee line. So this has to work.

Maybe the Bidoof leveled up and forgot the move before the egg was created. Go and check your bidoofs moveset.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I need help with a Dunsparce's moveset, which is the following:
- Earthquake (TM)
- Bite (Egg Move)
- Headbutt (Egg Move)
- Body Slam (Tutor)

I have FR so I can teach him Body Slam there and I can teach him Earthquake via TM, but how can I breed the other moves? I need help thanks!
Body Slam is not an Egg Move for Dunsparce, so you'll need to breed Body Slam and Headbutt onto it in a 3rd gen game. To do this, you can either use Smeargle (and you could teach it Earthquake this way too, saving you a TM), or use this chain:

Seel (Headbutt at Level 0) / Zigzagoon (Headbutt at Level 9) -> Electrike (Bite at Level 33) -> Dunsparce

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
How can I get Howl and Ice Fang onto Shinx? Note I dont have an Smergle.

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy

Poochyena learns Ice Fang through breeding and Howl through level up. Pass Ice Fang to it, level it up 'til it learns Howl and breed it with a female Shinx.

Dr. Ste

Pokemon Breeder
Exploud knows both.

Catch a male Loudred. If it knows Howl, evolve it to Exploud (lvl 40) and teach it Ice Fang. If not, breed it until you get a male Whismur, train the Whismur, teach it Howl (lvl 15), and evovle it to Exploud, who wiil learn Ice Fang. I think you won't need a Heart Scale and Exploud will try to learn all element Fang moves when it evolves, but I'm not sure.

In any case, you'll end up with a male Exploud that knows Howl and Ice Fang. If you mate this with a female Shinx/Luxio/Luxray, you'll end up with a Shinx that knows both moves.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Thank you to both Dr.Ste and to FireHead Hank I'm off to breed my Ice fang howling Shinx on my Pearl/Diamond game.

Status
Not open for further replies.