• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
How would I get Yawn onto a Squirtle?
I'm supposed to breed Yawn onto a Psyduck, then evolve it and get AquaJet on it via Heart Scale, then breed it with squirtle?

Last edited:

CorpseGrinder

Death Metal Trainer
scizor

i hav a question,how to you get scizor to learn bullet punch? or evn hitmontop to learn bullet punch?;212;

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
i hav a question,how to you get scizor to learn bullet punch? or evn hitmontop to learn bullet punch?;212;
To teach Scizor Bullet Punch, give a Heart Scale to the Move Maniac in Pastoria City. To teach Tyrogue Bullet Punch, breed a Male Hitmonchan with Bullet Punch with a Ditto.

combichristian

I'm sorry if this question has been posted before but I have been looking on various FAQ's and posts and haven't been able to find it anywhere. Here goes: Is the gender of an egg Pokemon determined before or after the egg hatches?? I'm curious because i want to get the Eevee egg in Platinum and I'm wondering if i should walk around and save the game right before the egg hatches or save before i get the egg. Please help!!!

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
What is the fastest method to hatch massive amounts of eggs? What I'm currently doing is constantly biking up and down the famous "Egg Route". I constantly have a team of five eggs with me. When one hatches, I release it, then go to the Daycare Man and get another egg. Is it faster to get boxes full of eggs, then hatch them all in one go? Or is there an even faster method?

Rakurai

I'm sorry if this question has been posted before but I have been looking on various FAQ's and posts and haven't been able to find it anywhere. Here goes: Is the gender of an egg Pokemon determined before or after the egg hatches?? I'm curious because i want to get the Eevee egg in Platinum and I'm wondering if i should walk around and save the game right before the egg hatches or save before i get the egg. Please help!!!

The gender is determined when you receive the egg, but that's only in case of eggs that aren't received from the daycare man. The gender of an egg Pokemon from him is determined the moment the egg is ready for taking.

Last edited:

Bdizzle

Legend
What is the fastest method to hatch massive amounts of eggs? What I'm currently doing is constantly biking up and down the famous "Egg Route". I constantly have a team of five eggs with me. When one hatches, I release it, then go to the Daycare Man and get another egg. Is it faster to get boxes full of eggs, then hatch them all in one go? Or is there an even faster method?

There's not really a fastest method. You save money by grabbing new eggs every time they pop up because the pokes are not in daycare for as many steps. And you'll always have backup eggs in case the pokes stop popping them out as quickly. It takes more patience to do that though because you're going to the pc a ton.

EspadaL

I want my cranidos to learn crunch and hammer arm
Totodile Learns Crunch And Rhydon Learns Hammer Arm
How would i chain them this?

Keep it simple for me XD
Thanks for any help :]
It would be appreciated ;D

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I want my cranidos to learn crunch and hammer arm
Totodile Learns Crunch And Rhydon Learns Hammer Arm
How would i chain them this?

Keep it simple for me XD
Thanks for any help :]
It would be appreciated ;D
Male Rattata/Arbok/Growlithe/Snorlax/Totodile/Girafarig/Snubbull/Houndour/Larvitar/Poochyena/Exploud/Mawile/Seviper/Walrein/Turtwig/Shinx/Floatzel/Garchomp/Hippopotas with Crunch + female Rhyhorn -> Male Rhyhorn with Crunch

Male Rhydon with Crunch and Hammer Arm + female Cranidos -> Cranidos with Crunch and Hammer Arm

EspadaL

Male Rattata/Arbok/Growlithe/Snorlax/Totodile/Girafarig/Snubbull/Houndour/Larvitar/Poochyena/Exploud/Mawile/Seviper/Walrein/Turtwig/Shinx/Floatzel/Garchomp/Hippopotas with Crunch + female Rhyhorn -> Male Rhyhorn with Crunch

Male Rhydon with Crunch and Hammer Arm + female Cranidos -> Cranidos with Crunch and Hammer Arm

Thanks
Appreciated ;D

Nana

About the Everstone trick... I'm breeding an Impish Ditto with a female Modest Ralts. The Ralts has an Everstone, so, following the rules of breeding, there should be a 50% chance of its offspring to be Modest, right?

Well, I've hatched eleven eggs, and 4-5 of them were Timid. I'm assuming it's just bad luck, but I just wanted to make sure. Also, I read somewhere in the forums that natures are passed down through Ditto since it apparently takes the role of the female, so I'd have to get a Modest Ditto. I'm not sure if I necessarily believe that since, technically, that would mean breeding with a Ditto would always produce a Ditto.

edit: Hatched four more eggs, and two of them were Timid. :/ The probability is too low for it to be a coincidence, I think. Does this mean if I try to use the mother Ralts to get Modest Pokemon, I'll most likely run into Timid ones instead?

Last edited:

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
How can i get Hyponosis and Energy ball onto Vulpix? Is there such a way?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
About the Everstone trick... I'm breeding an Impish Ditto with a female Modest Ralts. The Ralts has an Everstone, so, following the rules of breeding, there should be a 50% chance of its offspring to be Modest, right?

Well, I've hatched eleven eggs, and 4-5 of them were Timid. I'm assuming it's just bad luck, but I just wanted to make sure. Also, I read somewhere in the forums that natures are passed down through Ditto since it apparently takes the role of the female, so I'd have to get a Modest Ditto. I'm not sure if I necessarily believe that since, technically, that would mean breeding with a Ditto would always produce a Ditto.

edit: Hatched four more eggs, and two of them were Timid. :/ The probability is too low for it to be a coincidence, I think. Does this mean if I try to use the mother Ralts to get Modest Pokemon, I'll most likely run into Timid ones instead?

I don't know why Timid is so abundant, but without an Everstone to influence any natures, there is a 4% possibility of getting Timid and a 4% chance of getting Modest.

Best I can say is use the Egg trick, the one that lets you see the nature in the egg before it hatches, and keep SRing for a Modest Ralts.

Smeargle, or:

Male Stantler/Spinda/Glameow/Purugly w/ Hypnosis + Female Vulpix/Ninetales -> Male Vulpix w/ Hypnosis + TM Energy Ball

Its a good idea to teach Energy Ball to a male Vulpix/Ninetales so you don't waste a TM by accident.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!

When breeding anything with a Ditto, the Everstone must always go on the Ditto for the Everstone trick to work. To solve your problem, you could either get a Modest Ditto and give it the Everstone, or breed any male Pokémon in the Indeterminate egg group with your Modest Ralts, keeping the Everstone on the Ralts.

You can either Sketch both moves onto a male Smeargle and breed it with a female Vulpix, or use this chain:

Lotad (Energy Ball at Level 43) -> Seedot -> Stantler (Hypnosis at Level 10) -> Vulpix

If you're not bothered about using a TM, you can shorten this chain by using the Energy Ball TM on a male Stantler, teaching it Hypnosis, and breeding it with a female Vulpix. Note that Vulpix can't learn Energy Ball via TM.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Yes you can.
When the egg is made, everything is set, Nature, ability, gender, Shinyness, what will Wurmple evolve into, everything.
Just the IVs are set when you pick it up, which means if you save when the egg is made (before picking it), you'll keep hatching the same Pokémon, just with different IVs, making this a SR.

Status
Not open for further replies.