• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding for shinies.

redblueyellow

About how many eggs does it usually take to get a shiny pokemon? I have 86 level 5 normal exeggcutes (I'm trying to get a shiny exeggcute), and I wanted to know about how much longer it would take to get a shiny exeggcute. I know it is about a 1/8192 chance of even seeing a shiny but if someone can post just the usual # of eggs it takes to find a shiny, that would really help.

Jordan Cleary

Rising From The Ash
Breeding two shinys together will not increase the chances of the baby being shiny. the ratio stays the same.

Cool! Went up a rank!

Ivi

Ghost master
You can never get shynies when you are looking for them, you allways get them when you least expect them. I'd go up to 1000 eggs, mabey you'll get lucky.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Have fun trying to get a shiny out of an egg ;) You have a 1/8000 chance or something like that

You could get it, but it has the same chance as if it were a wild encounter.

redblueyellow

You can never get shynies when you are looking for them, you allways get them when you least expect them. I'd go up to 1000 eggs, mabey you'll get lucky.

That would take a really long time, so I'll probably hatch about 15-20 eggs a day. I'll probably give up at the 500th egg if I don't get one by then.

Sableye King

The Ghost Guru
If you're trying to find a shiny, don't try to find one by hatching, look for it in the wild, Hatching will take a lot more time than to find one in the wild since the chance of gettting a shiny is the same in the wild as it is by hatching.

espeon_155

Pokemon Prof.
I got a shiny Trapinch, at about the 60th egg....and I wasn't even looking for a shiny....just a specific nature....

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
You must be really lucky for getting a shiny, I would search in the wild.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
If only this was G/S/C, where the shiny rate DID increase (to 1/64) if you bred from another shiny Pokemon.

I've hatched all my G/S/C shinies within 64 eggs (except for Porygon - I'm up to 91 and no shiny).

Campbell

Duke of Earl
even at 8192 eggs the odds are still minescule at 1-[(8191^8192)/(8192^8192)]