• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding Help/Discussion and Egg Move Chains

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
you can't. at least not in the advance games, i don't know about D/P.

BAM

Not the finger!!!
Can you get a Gardevior to learn Wish? Because on Smogon it says that it can but on Serebii it doesnt say if it does?http://www.smogon.com/rs/strategies/gardevoir < link to Gardeviors wish. Just scroll down in the moveset suggestions and you will see it in the 3rd one.

Last edited:

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
Can you get a Gardevior to learn Wish? Because on Smogon it says that it can but on Serebii it doesnt say if it does?http://www.smogon.com/rs/strategies/gardevoir < link to Gardeviors wish. Just scroll down in the moveset suggestions and you will see it in the 3rd one.

Wish gardy was a special giveaway event at the new york pokemon center when it still did downloads or a japanese box pokemon.... i don't remember.... It does not pass down thru breeding and is no longer available.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
Wish gardy was a special giveaway event at the new york pokemon center when it still did downloads or a japanese box pokemon.... i don't remember.... It does not pass down thru breeding and is no longer available.

it was an NYPC giveaway.

WishMence was the same, in case anyone was wondering.

Lief

Is there any way to get scyther with baton pass and silver wind? I mated a scyther with a Ledian and it recieved Baton pass, but then I mated that scyther with a male buterfree and the resulting baby lost Baton pass, even though it got silver wind. And I am sure silver wind didn't cover up baton pass becuase he still has an empty move slot!

Raikou77

No, you could use Roar instead of Whirlwind if you want.

Edit: Beaten...

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
Is there any way to get scyther with baton pass and silver wind? I mated a scyther with a Ledian and it recieved Baton pass, but then I mated that scyther with a male buterfree and the resulting baby lost Baton pass, even though it got silver wind. And I am sure silver wind didn't cover up baton pass becuase he still has an empty move slot!
ONLY males pass down moves so that is why the female didn't pass the move....
breed a masquerain, dustox, or venomoth with silver wind (male of course) with a female nincada or ledyba, raise a male that is bred to the level it learns baton pass and then breed with a female scyther.
Is there are way to get skarm w/ whirlwind and drill peck
impossible..... roar works about as well but beware soundproofers (whismur line and mr mime) as their soundproof ability blocks roar.

Mew3

Kill `em!
can a Beldum breed with Ditto?

Mew3

Kill `em!
even the genderless ones can breed? I didn't know that, thanks!

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
yes... any pokemon (including gender neutral) can breed with ditto as long as it isn't a legendary or considered a "baby" pokemon (i.e. tyrogue, togepi, smoochum, etc.).

the exceptions to this are Unown and, for some reason, Nidorina and Nidoqueen.

Mew3

Kill `em!
Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed because a Nidorina/queen will always be female. So a Ditto will transform into a female Nidorina/queen and we all know that no Pokemon with the same gender will have eggs. This should also appy to Nidorino/king though

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
the exceptions to this are Unown and, for some reason, Nidorina and Nidoqueen.

Oh yes I forgot... or was tryin to forget.
Nidorino and nidoking will however still mate with ditto but you'll only get a baby nido(m) just in case someone tries it and wonders why they don't get a female.

pokenoob

i want to breed my starter torchic, unfortunitly its a male. dose this meen nomatter how many times i breed it ill never get another torchic ??? :(

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed because a Nidorina/queen will always be female. So a Ditto will transform into a female Nidorina/queen and we all know that no Pokemon with the same gender will have eggs. This should also appy to Nidorino/king though
that's not the reason, or else miltank/blissey/kangaskhan/nidoran(F) couldn't breed either.
i want to breed my starter torchic, unfortunitly its a male. dose this meen nomatter how many times i breed it ill never get another torchic ??? :(

breed it with a ditto, you'll get eggs containing baby torchic.

Gribman92

I am breeding a slowpoke and snorlax to get a Curselax. The problem is the egg contains a slowpoke. I am using a Male Snorlax and a Female Slowpoke please help me, tell me what you did to get one

Rakurai

You only get a Pokemon of the female's species from breeding.

Get a female Snorlax and male Slowpoke instead.

Gribman92

Ok thanks alot Rakurai

Status
Not open for further replies.