• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding Help/Discussion and Egg Move Chains

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalKid

Cascade Trainer
Miltank is female only, so it can't pass on moves. Fortuneately (or unfortunely for Shinning Mew), my program will now give, in accurate detail, Breeding chains for anything, including TMs. The max length a chain can get is 7 (Though, running through chains 6 & 7 can sometimes take a LONG time... Even on a 2 ghz machine). However, this new Chain Breeding will be in 3.02 of my program. I'm still doing some testing to make sure its 100% accurate.

Anyway, here is a sample of output:

The following chains are for Growlithe with move(s): Body Slam

Walrein (Body Slam) > Growlithe
Torkoal (Body Slam) > Growlithe
Spheal (Body Slam) > Growlithe
Sealeo (Body Slam) > Growlithe
Tropius (Body Slam) > Mareep > Growlithe
Snorlax (Body Slam) > Mareep > Growlithe
Poliwrath (Body Slam) > Wooper > Growlithe
Poliwhirl (Body Slam) > Wooper > Growlithe
Poliwag (Body Slam) > Wooper > Growlithe
Politoed (Body Slam) > Wooper > Growlithe
Meganium (Body Slam) > Mareep > Growlithe
Lapras (Body Slam) > Wooper > Growlithe
Lapras (Body Slam) > Mareep > Growlithe
Chikorita (Body Slam) > Mareep > Growlithe
Bayleef (Body Slam) > Mareep > Growlithe

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
I can't really understand your question. o_O Are you asking where to breed in FR/LG?

There's a Daycare Center on Four Island. The one in Cerulean works just like the one in Red/Blue did, and only levels up your Pokemon (one at a time).

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
The daycare on island 4 is very inferior compared to emerald as follows:

- no mach back
- no straightaway like the one from verdanturf to Maulville
- no flame body nor magma armor to speed up the breeding
- no extended bikepaths on island 4 which requires to constantly ask the old man if there is an egg.

Since I have Pokemon Box, I've been doing this breeding trick in emerald to use different OT's when chain-breeding:

1. acquire about 2 dozen eggs
2. get them so "It's almost hatching"
3. move the eggs to pokemon box
4. move the eggs again to ruby or sapphire
5. hatch all eggs there
6. move all desired hatchings to pokemon box then back to emerald to evaluate them with the breeding expert in battle frontier.

While a careful male roselia with flawless defense may seem undesireable for training, it is indeed valuable for breeding with a chansey once it can learn aromatherapy at level 53.

Kaimorse

You forgot to add that Pichu learns Present by breeding with Delibird.

Present: Delibird-->Pichu

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Here's a tip on finding level 23 dittos with flawless IVs which you have a better 15% chance of finding one on route 14 in an area above a group of bikers which requires a cutter to get there:

Flawless HP = 62
flawless nature-increased stat = 37 (ie. timid nature, speed stat)
flawless nature-neutral = 34 (ie. timid nature, special attack stat)
flawless nature-decreased = 30 (ie. timid nature, attack stat)

Anything less is not considered flawless which saves me the task of moving all dittos to emerald and taking each to the breeding expert there, plus these dittos are often better for breeding for OT purposes even though you may have a better chance of getting desired nature in emerald with the synchronize ability.

S

sandman

hey is there a particular reason that my nido king and queen hate each other or am i just unlucky cause if i am my plan to breed an ultra nido king is at a sudden halt.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
It is, but it's always been like that. *Shrug*

You can breed the Nidoran M family with Ditto, or the Nidoran F family with any male in the Egg group.

B

BKCK

Would this breeding chain work?

Kabutops (Ancientpower - Lv.65) > Totodile > Larvitar

I'm not exactly 100% sure about it

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
BKCK said:
Would this breeding chain work?

Kabutops (Ancientpower - Lv.65) > Totodile > Larvitar

I'm not exactly 100% sure about it
I don't see anything wrong with it. It looks like that chain will work just fine.

Beachball

Equine enthusiast
It isn't possible to get a Eevee knowing Curse and Wish by any stretch, right?

Curse: Torkoal--> Eevee
Wish: Togetic-->Skitty-->Eevee

M

Metarock Sam

want a level 5 charmander with flamethrower straight away.
The awnser breed charizard with ditto !!!!

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Beachball said:
It isn't possible to get a Eevee knowing Curse and Wish by any stretch, right?

Curse: Torkoal--> Eevee
Wish: Togetic-->Skitty-->Eevee
Since smeargle can sketch curse & wish and breed with eevee, it is possible.

F

Flying Tropius

thx for info. It is great!
(one heck of a long list.....)

E

Eglice

I got a question... I got a male smeargle with fisure, and a female Hondour with the ever stone... Can the Hondour learn fisure??? And i got a question... when you pass the atack it is with it in level 5 or you must lvl up??

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Houndour can't learn Fissure. It isn't one of its Egg Moves, it doesn't learn it by leveling up, and it's not a TM/HM. Pokemon can ONLY inherit moves if they're one of these three.

When a move is passed on, the baby will be born knowing the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.