• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding Help/Discussion and Egg Move Chains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikau

Better then you
Ummm....Under Growlithe's egg moves it says it can get Body Slam from a Miltank, But Miltanks are only females so that can't happen.

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
Zapdos Breeder said:
Ummm....Under Growlithe's egg moves it says it can get Body Slam from a Miltank, But Miltanks are only females so that can't happen.
Are you sure that's off miltank? Almost every pokemon can learn it by move tutor so the solution is to get another pokemon that learns it.

PUrEHearT

Hyper Coordinator
i dont know if this was already mentioned but... you can get hypnosis on feebas by just breeding it with a poliwag or poliwag family, rather than spinda to psyduck to feebas

E

Evanji Axu

Additions:

- One can breed Leech Seed onto Tropius through Cacnea/Cacturne
- One can breed Nature Power onto Tropius through the Seedot line
- One can breed Destiny Bond and Safeguard onto Ralts through Wobbuffet.

...WTF? No Cyndaquil!? *cries* I'll have to go find some other Pokemon fans (fat chance of that happening, and I don't even have a freaking cable) because my folks wouldn't let me get all 3 versions. That'd be flat-out spoiling.

Last edited by a moderator:

.::Escalator::.

"GO TEAM BOOBIES!"
PUrEHearT said:
i dont know if this was already mentioned but... you can get hypnosis on feebas by just breeding it with a poliwag or poliwag family, rather than spinda to psyduck to feebas

Name of this Forum said:
R/S/E FAQs
OMFG you can catch poliwag in R/S/E?

F

Finnmonster

Here's another way to get Wish on Eevee in FR/LG if you can't trade Skitty from other versions:

Togetic--> Pikachu--> Eevee

.Person.

No avatard plz
This healps.

Thanke you.

Dunsparce

Finnmonster said:
Here's another way to get Wish on Eevee in FR/LG if you can't trade Skitty from other versions:

Togetic--> Pikachu--> Eevee

I just Bred my Female Eevee with a Male Smeargle with Wish, Bite, and Baton Pass so I could evolve it right away and still have Bite and Baton Pass available.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
.::Escalator::. said:
OMFG you can catch poliwag in R/S/E?
poliwag/whirl/wrath had to be traded from Fr/Lg to breed with feebas for hypnosis as that was how I got my wonderfully outstanding milotic that earned me my first gold symbol when its surf took down moltres.

PUrEHearT

Hyper Coordinator
I thought the breeding list applied to all the games sorry... well since this list only applies for R/S/E i guess my earlier post is useless

.::Escalator::.

"GO TEAM BOOBIES!"
Expert Evan said:
poliwag/whirl/wrath had to be traded from Fr/Lg to breed with feebas for hypnosis as that was how I got my wonderfully outstanding milotic that earned me my first gold symbol when its surf took down moltres.

Did I really have to post the '[/sarcasm]' tag?

I thought the breeding list applied to all the games sorry... well since this list only applies for R/S/E i guess my earlier post is useless

It does, but I'm guessing it goes like this:
First they scan hoenn and see if you can breed moves from a Hoenn pokemon
If not, they go on to Johto.
Finnaly, they go onto Kanto

Atleast I think that's what they do...

And remember that it was made by different people, so your chain might be different from the one in this thread.

B

batman124617

Is it possible to breed multiple TMs or learned moves from multiple breeding chains to a pokemon? I want to breed a slowbro that has shadow ball, earthquake, flamethrower, and surf, but I can't figure out how to get all of these moves on to the guy without using my TMs. I know I can breed over one move...currently I'm working on shadow ball (sableye-illumise-masquerin-slowbro) but how do I get more moves on to it? Thanks!

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
That's a tough one...

Surf you don't have to worry about, it's an HM and you have an unlimited supply to teach.

Flamethrower can be purchased at the Game Corner, so it would be a lot easier for you to just buy one. Chain-breeding two moves (if it's possible) is hard enough, three is just a nightmare.

I'm checking the site now for what Pokemon can learn what, so I'll edit this in a few minutes if I can come up with anything, but I'll tell you right now that Smeargle would help, a LOT. :D

EDIT: Okay, I've checked every single Pokemon that learns both moves, and even with Smeargle, I can't find a chain. Sorry. ;_; You'll have to use up a TM.

GoldenUmbreon

Dark Trainer
i have a question, is it possible for corpfish to learn crunch trough breeding?

and so yes, how?

ive been hatching some corpfish with: surf/ice beam/brick break when i was breeding it with my swampert, but i would like to have crunch on it too...if its possible

Last edited:

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Corphish learns Crunch at LV 43. To get it on him by breeding, both parents need to know the move.

PokeMaster JOE

Pokemon Master
Ok i have a question,regarding my exeggute. Both are quite impressive in abilities and have flawless attack. Would it be best to breed with a ditto or breed 2 exeggutes together, as i am after better IV's. Whats the difference when breeding with a ditto??

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
PokeMaster JOE said:
Ok i have a question,regarding my exeggute. Both are quite impressive in abilities and have flawless attack. Would it be best to breed with a ditto or breed 2 exeggutes together, as i am after better IV's. Whats the difference when breeding with a ditto??
I'd keep breeding with the exeggutes and if any offspring has better stats, replace the parent with that one.

Powerful_Blaziken88 said:
What's the chain to get Flail to Doduo?
zigzagoon/spinda/smeargle -> farfetch'd -> doduo

E

Evanji Axu

If you breed an Illumise with a non-Volbeat, can you get a Volbeat from the egg? I tried this...4 Illumise in a row T_T

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Evanji Axu said:
If you breed an Illumise with a non-Volbeat, can you get a Volbeat from the egg? I tried this...4 Illumise in a row T_T
Nope,Voltbeat has to be one of the parents otherwise there is no possible way to get a Voltbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.