• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding - - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staryu

I know, I know..
I've been very unsuccessful with breeding, and I have a few questions:

Can you breed any 2 Pokémon, as long as 1's a boy, and the other's a girl? If not, what can go with what??

What do you do with a Ditto?

How long does it take to "produce" an egg when I pick the Pokémon?

Thanks,
Ryan

Theneedleman

crazyengage
1. No they have to be in the same egg group
2. Breed Ditto with Everything except Legendaries
3. It varies

I hope I answered your questions

Theneedleman

crazyengage
Just run around every so often and check if there is an egg. There is no exact range. That's why it varies.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Staryu said:
I've been very unsuccessful with breeding, and I have a few questions:

Can you breed any 2 Pokémon, as long as 1's a boy, and the other's a girl? If not, what can go with what??

What do you do with a Ditto?

How long does it take to "produce" an egg when I pick the Pokémon?

Thanks,
Ryan
Like Theneedleman said, they need to be in the same Egg Group. But there is a lot more to it. Go here for help.

Nightcat

ahem. I happen to know, if the man says "They like eachother a lot" or something, every time you go by there's a 75%, if he says "They seem to like eachother." There's a 50% chance, be it "They don't seem to like eachother much." It's 25%, and of course 0% if he says "They seem like to play with other pokemon than eachother." it's 0%.
EDIT: MASTER COORDINATOR! Whoo!

~nightcat ;197;

Staryu

I know, I know..
nightcat said:
ahem. I happen to know, if the man says "They like eachother a lot" or something, every time you go by there's a 75%, if he says "They seem to like eachother." There's a 50% chance, be it "They don't seem to like eachother much." It's 25%, and of course 0% if he says "They seem like to play with other pokemon than eachother." it's 0%.
EDIT: MASTER COORDINATOR! Whoo!

~nightcat ;197;

Interesting - - I couldn't find a good match with my Numel ><

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
Staryu said:
Interesting - - I couldn't find a good match with my Numel ><
"the two prefer to play with other pokemon than each other" - two different egg groups, or both same gender, or one's unown/baby/legendary/nidorina/nidoqueen, or both are ditto.

"they don't seem to like each other much" - both pokemon are different species and have the same OT#

"they seem to get long" - either they are the same species with the same OT#, or different species with different OT#s.

"they seem to get along very well" - same species, different OT#s

Status
Not open for further replies.