• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breeding to Change the Appearance of HGSS' Egg Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

+Naruto

Pokemon Tranier
WTH is with people and saying too much memory will be used, Stop making false assumptions :S because diamond and peal used like 30% of the DS game carts memory....

Red1062

So Cool
I dont think the memory is being wasted but they could spend more time on the game such as new areas other than making pokemon different individuals.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
dpmfa025.png
+
dpmfa037.png
=
Keaton.gif
?

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

While it's a nice thought, I think it would be a bit too fiddly to implement, and possibly confusing. Remember, the game is largely aimed at children.

Lucario_Dragon

I doubt that all of those sprites will be made.
But I do hope for different eggs. They all look the same. But then that gets rid of the idea of the 'mystery of whats inside?'
+Naruto is right though, the DS cart can hold alot more space than assumed by most (I am 75 percent sure of this).

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I reckon if they were to do differences in each pokemon, they'll have the basic sprite and maybe 1 or 2 different ones for each pokemon, though some pokemon it D/P/Pt didn't get gender differences i.e Male Pichu and Female Pichu are exactly alike in the games.

Jigglypuff5000

Not sure about the feasibiliy of this, even if Notched-Eared Pichu is a shoe-in, but it intrigues me just like Serebii and most others too neverthless. Should be fun to see unfold.

As for different egg sprites, I know it'd be completely unoriginal but why not just have have different sprites for each type and have them coloured / designed accordantly? That way we have 18 egg sprites [the standard one now becomes the Normal egg sprite], and there's some variety at least.

ForeverFlame

So, this is just Spinda x493. That's not that big of a deal, and I'm certain that DS cartridges can hold the data perfectly. Unless HGSS is fully rendered in 3D, has 3D cutscenes, and voice acting, I wouldn't worry one bit about space.

This would be interesting. That means that every Pokemon would be unique in some sort of way, and some interesting patterns could come out of that (Pichu's notched ear as just one example).

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
So that would make it easter eggs.
But perhaps you can costumize them like the pokeballs with seals..maybe there's a special contest for eggs? At least you should be more interactive with the egg instead of just running around and give it to Magmar or Magcargo...

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
So that would make it easter eggs.
But perhaps you can costumize them like the pokeballs with seals..maybe there's a special contest for eggs? At least you should be more interactive with the egg instead of just running around and give it to Magmar or Magcargo...
You misunderstand. It isn't the look of the eggs, but the Pokémon that hatch

Dragonite

#SPP + #SPP-Wifi SOp
I mentioned in a chat earlier that, what would happen if the Pokémon had egg moves and was transferred from DPPt -> HGSS? Also, what if the egg was bred in DPPt but traded to HGSS? Would it hatch as this variation or as it should have been in DPPt, as for the Pokémon from DPPt being traded, would it look different? Or be standard and have the egg moves that it already had?

I think this could be interesting: This will certainly make your pokemon more unique. I can't say much about the memory issue, as i don't know how much memory the games use up. Still i hope +Naruto is right.

What also would be interesting, is how the appearance of your pokemon from pearl/diamond/platinum will be in soul silver/heart gold (maybe your pichu from your pearl/diamond/platinum game will be a notched-ear pichu in the gold/silver remakes)
If the pokemon appearance will depend on it's personality value (like with spinda), then there's an high possibility this will happen.

As for it being a "cool" feature, but not really useful, the same thing goes for shinies: Shinies don't have any extra's, but still everyone wants them.
I think some people will try to obtain certain pokemon appearances.

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

I think that DPPl Pokemon would have regular sprites in HGSS, and HGSS Pokemon would have regular sprites in DPPl (sort of like Shiny Pokemon in RBY).

Dragon~~pokémon~~trainer

The Pokémon Trainer
If it's true, I think it's more like gender differences. How many pokémon with gender differences are there?
There could be just a handful of pokémon that show big differences with different parents, notch Ear Pichu being just one. I won't think they'll add more then 50 pokémon with breeding differences, and just a few of those have gender differences too.

Some people say it take to much memory, there are already 8 sprites for each pokémon. But that's not true, there are only 4:
front and front frame 2
back and back frame 2

The shiny sprites are just the normal sprites, but with a different pallet. Not a whole different sprite. Not counting different formes, of course.

One thing that bothers me is that G/S/C show the pokémon in the daycare and if I’m not mistaken you can talk with them. How would they manage this? They can’t possible make 493*3 over worlds for every pokémon + over worlds for different formes. That’s over 1500 over worlds just to make the daycare the same as the original. Of course, back than they were just a few different sprites for all 251 pokémon. Pokémon in the same group shared the same sprite. I don’t think they would do it like this in the remake.

Brandon96

Dark Trainer
If it's true, I think it's more like gender differences. How many pokémon with gender differences are there?
There could be just a handful of pokémon that show big differences with different parents, notch Ear Pichu being just one. I won't think they'll add more then 50 pokémon with breeding differences, and just a few of those have gender differences too.

Some people say it take to much memory, there are already 8 sprites for each pokémon. But that's not true, there are only 4:
front and front frame 2
back and back frame 2

The shiny sprites are just the normal sprites, but with a different pallet. Not a whole different sprite. Not counting different formes, of course.

One thing that bothers me is that G/S/C show the pokémon in the daycare and if I’m not mistaken you can talk with them. How would they manage this? They can’t possible make 493*3 over worlds for every pokémon + over worlds for different formes. That’s over 1500 over worlds just to make the daycare the same as the original. Of course, back than they were just a few different sprites for all 251 pokémon. Pokémon in the same group shared the same sprite. I don’t think they would do it like this in the remake.

Well they could, which would help with the speculation that any pokemon can follow you like your starter, but that's a different thread.

Maybe they will have generic sprites, or you just won't be able to go back there again, I don't know.

Charzard Tamer

Johto Bound
Though I do think this would be a pretty cool concept, I find it very unlikely that this will happen. Its not that I think the DS can't hold the memory, but its that this would take alot of work. And it would seem confusing to some people. Also, it just doesn't make sense to me. I would much rather see each Pokemon have their own egg pattern, rather than them all being the same.

Torpoleon

I honestly don't really understand this at all. Is it where the LPokemon looks slightly different depending on the gender signaling Male/Female differences? If so, that would be really cool and I hope that happens in HGSS.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
I agree, its more than possible. The memory of the last game was under 50% of the cartridge's capacity. I'll detail this more in my next post

Last edited:

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
This sounds pretty neat, I dont see why people are saying memeory is a problem when IT IS NOT.

Yeesh. I cant wait ot see if this is true If it is I wanna see the changes...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.