• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breloom Replacement

Garbs

Sorry if this is the wrong place, wasn't sure whether to post this in the in-game team forum or not.

Anywho, i'm currently playing Emerald and have just got the part where i need to go to Mt Pyre for the first time.

Most of my team is around the level 35 mark atm except for my Breloom which is still at level 29.

When i first started the game, Shroomish seemed like a good idea and was pretty useful. Recently though, i've been using my other pokemon more and find Breloom to not be very useful in battles.

Should i just stick with it or should i replace it, and if so, can you suggest any pokemon to replace it with?

I've always planned on getting a Bagon as soon as i get Waterfall so i can train up a Salamence but i'd like a decent team of six before i get the E4.

My team at the moment consists of Marshtomp (Lv34), Camerupt (Lv35), Swellow (Lv33), Gardevoir (Lv35), Manectric (Lv35) and Breloom (Lv.29).

Thanks for the help!

-Garbs-

Scepgatr

I recommend replacing Manectric with Salamence, since Manectric isn't a great Pokémon. The only thing it can do is Thunderbolt (Crunch is only through breeding), which your Gardevoir should be doing. Breloom is a great Pokémon, however, you should have evolved it after it learned Spore (L54). Then it can Spore foes to sleep, then Focus Punch.

Garbs

Oh.

Right.

So, um, is Breloom useless to me now if it doesn't have Spore?

And my Manectric doesn't even have Thunderbolt yet. It's got Shockwave and Spark which seem to do the trick if Gardevoir gets taken down. Manectric is also really fast and Gardevoir seems to have really low defence or something. It tends to faint quite quickly.

Though Gardevoir was a godsend against Winona's Altaria. Withstood EQ and Thunderbolted/Psychiced away.

Garbs

Get a ludicolo or a sceptile

Ludicolo is an option.

Sceptile is not. I can't trade and i picked Mudkip as a starter. Believe me, if i could, i'd have a Sceptile as well.

Havak

The Best
Just carry on through the game as you are IMO. Breloom isn't usefull without Spore, which means training your Shoomish to around level 54 I believe, somewhere around there. As Breloom doesn't learn it. You won't really need a full team of Pokémon to get through the game.

Keep what you've got so far, catch something else over Breloom later, when you see something you like. Salamence isn't great In-Game without breeding, as it would want Dragon Dance and TM moves to have any effect really.

Last edited:

dArK_pOkEmOn_lOvEr

Umbreon master
It probably just seems like you aren't using your Breloom much because of the area you just got out of and the Gym there. It was probably useless against Winona's gym o_O. He will also struggle at the next Gym too unfortunatly (exp share is an option since you don't want it to get too far behind the others in levels). But after the 7th Gym, you should be able to use if effectively again (also, since he will probably be lower level than the rest of your party, you could only use him/or use him the most, against the 8th Gym members and it's leader to catch back up.

Well, Breloom isn't all that useful near the end of the game, but if your Breloom is fast, and has high attack, you'll be able to win easily against Glacia because of the fighting moves.

Garbs

It probably just seems like you aren't using your Breloom much because of the area you just got out of and the Gym there. It was probably useless against Winona's gym o_O. He will also struggle at the next Gym too unfortunatly (exp share is an option since you don't want it to get too far behind the others in levels). But after the 7th Gym, you should be able to use if effectively again (also, since he will probably be lower level than the rest of your party, you could only use him/or use him the most, against the 8th Gym members and it's leader to catch back up.

Sounds like a plan.

In which case, i'll probably need help with my moveset.

Atm it's:

Mega Drain
Headbutt
Mach Punch
Leech Seed

Very sucky imo. Level 30 btw.

Also, i've gotten coz it's been so long since i've played a R/S/E but where do i get Exp. share from in Emerald?

-Garbs-

Also, i've gotten coz it's been so long since i've played a R/S/E but where do i get Exp. share from in Emerald?

-Garbs-

President of Devon gives it to you after you deliver the ketter to Steven

dArK_pOkEmOn_lOvEr

Umbreon master
Sounds like a plan.

In which case, i'll probably need help with my moveset.

Atm it's:

Mega Drain
Headbutt
Mach Punch
Leech Seed

Very sucky imo. Level 30 btw.

-Garbs-

Eh, can't really do much better at this point of the game anyway. You are near a girl who gives you GIGA DRAIN if you have a grass PKMN in your party by the way. If you want it that is. Surf below Mt. Pyre until you see land. Walk down a little ways and on the left will be a girl who gives you Giga Drain. I think she is facing a tree or a bush or something like that. Also, do you know if it learns Brick Break? Im too lazy to look it up. If it doesnt, you can get it pretty soon too.

koxcstar23

Loser w/o shoes
Well I think you should replace Breloom with a pokemon that has more than one type to it (Like breloom does) but try to get maybe a fire or water type pokemon, but thats becasue I dont like too many grass type pokemon......

dArK_pOkEmOn_lOvEr

Umbreon master
Ah thanks man.

And Giga Drain does sound pretty useful too dArK_pOkEmOn_lOvEr, thanks.

-Garbs-

No problem. Giga Drain and Leech Seed work pretty well together, they should keep it in the battle for a long time. I have both on my Meganium who also has Synthesis, hehe. Too bad Breloom doesn't learn a recovery movie, but oh well.

Theneedleman

crazyengage
Another TM which you could teach it is Slduge Bomb. And it learns Sky Uppercut everntually so with that and Giga Drain/Leech Seed it will be good.