• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brendan: Hat or Hair?

Is it a Hat, or Hair?

• Hat

Votes: 130 60.2%
  • Hair

Votes: 86 39.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Legend <3

OMG FREE HUGS!? 8D
You mean it isn't hair!? This topic just blew my mind.

I got Emerald secondhand so I never saw any of the promo artwork or anything. I figured he just had Vash the Stampede sort of hair, which is pretty cool. Now that I've seen the official art it's hard to unsee the hat now that I can see his sideburns clearly.

Besides, given anime hair like Yugi in Yu-Gi-Oh, that's pretty tame "hair" by comparison, yeah?

So very true. xD

Lady Legend <3

OMG FREE HUGS!? 8D
I think we've decided he either wears a hat that looks like hair or has hair that looks like a hat. XD

I still say it's hair. Awesome hair, at that. =3

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
It is indeed a hat. At the time I was playing it, I didn't think twice about it and thought it was hair. It looked like some pretty sweet hair from the overworld sprite lol.

Sam2010

Cheers
When I first played Sapphire I thought it was hair, later I found out it was his hat. Although if it was was his hair instead of a hat I would agree with munchlaxboy that would be some pretty sweet hair. XD

Lady Legend <3

OMG FREE HUGS!? 8D
I, personally, find this whole discussion rather amusing. XD

Flamle

Every Weekend....
Hat. Is there really even the need for a discussion?

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Every male character wears a hat so when I noticed he had something white on his head and he's suppose to be ten I concluded that it was a hat...

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
I remember this douchebag at YT that kept saying to people that would say it's hat beause it was confirmed thanks to PokeSpecial:
"MANGA MENTIONED YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!"

I'm glad I'm not surrounded by idiots.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think it`s a hat, i don`t think a kid could have white hair

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I think that it`s a hat just cause of that it would be impossible to have white hair at the age of 10 without dying hair to the color white. Though at first that only the headband was the only thing that was a hat , but I do agree that the PokeSpecial actually settled the matter for me. In my opinion on an etymology of the whatever you want to call it that is on his head , I could probably just be something like Link`s hat with a headband to keep the headgear on his head.

Saph

Rapscallion
Ken Sugimori says it's a hat. I don't know why he had to clarify it because it obviously was a hat.

nikkissippi121

Team Rocket Admin
I believe it was originally intended to be hair, and I thought it was for a long time. I always assumed the black part of his backsprite was shading, considering how long his hair (I'm calling it hair here) is, and how close it is to his head. I believe that it was changed when Emerald came out, though, most likely because of the backsprite. So, I'd call it hair, but I can understand the hat argument.

AlphaMissingno

Do the WINDY thing!
When I was like 5 I always saw it as hair for some reason. Now after inspecting the artwork and reading Pokespe, I see it as a hat.

And why in the world would Ken promote 10 year old kids dying their hair white? :|

Status
Not open for further replies.