• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bridges of Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Unova region is known for its amazing landmarks, but the most notable among them are five bridges dotted throughout the region: Skyarrow Bridge, Driftveil Drawbridge, Tubeline Bridge, Village Bridge and Marvelous Bridge. Each bridge has its differences, but are all showcased for their stunning beauty and graphical capabilities.

Which is your favorite bridge?

Aquarelle

Staff member
For me, it's definitely the Village Bridge. I really like the architecture of the bridge and I love the music in the area (one of my favourite pieces of music in the Gen V games). There are times when I'll go to the Village Bridge, talk to all the musicians, and then just listen to the song for a while.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
My favourite one would have to be the Driftveil Drawbridge because it can lift to allow ships to go through and how it is somehow called the Charizard Bridge.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sky Arrow Bridge's 3D rendering shots were amazing, and I appreciated its theme music as well. I wasn't fond of Isshu's other bridges however, because none of them seemed as unique as Sky Arrow Bridge.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
In terms of atmosphere, probably the Village and Skyarrow Bridges. The former has its musicians and architecture, while the latter feels light and airy in its music and surroundings. I often rode up and down the Skyarrow Bridge when I was trying to hatch Eggs, but I didn't mind. :D

The Driftveil (AKA Charizard) Bridge was also cool because it could open up in the middle like Tower Bridge, and its bright orange colour reminding some people of Charizard. This was another bridge I often traversed in my journeys around Unova, mostly to collect the feathers which dropped onto the ground from the birds flying above.

Cat's Eye Draco

Skyarrow Bridge has always been my favorite. I really like the shifting camera angles and the views of Castelia you get as a result. The Tubeline Bridge is also a favorite of mine. No special reason; I just like its design. :3

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Driftveil (AKA Charizard) Bridge was also cool because it could open up in the middle like Tower Bridge, and its bright orange colour reminding some people of Charizard. This was another bridge I often traversed in my journeys around Unova, mostly to collect the feathers which dropped onto the ground from the birds flying above.

The Hodomoe Drawbridge being compared to Lizardon in the games always confused me since they were nothing alike except for their color pattern, and that single similarity itself wasn't very significant.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Honestly, I only really like Village Bridge, because it is so peaceful and you can encounter Lapras there, albeit rarely. Skyarrow Bridge is good for hatching Eggs, but that's it. I don't particularly care for any of the others.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I like the bridge with the tune that reminded me and my brother of sesame street. I think it was in one of the huger UNOVA cities.

Me and my brother always laughed at that one xD

Aquarelle

Staff member
Since it hasn't come up yet, I'll mention that I also really like the Marvelous Bridge. I've always really liked its design, which I find to be simple, yet elegant.
I've also always liked how the environment around the bridge looks, specifically the brown cliffs on both sides - makes the bridge really stand out.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Sky Arrow Bridge would have to be my favorite since it has so many cinematic angles as you cross it. It really shows the size and scale of Castelia City as you get closer.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Since it hasn't come up yet, I'll mention that I also really like the Marvelous Bridge. I've always really liked its design, which I find to be simple, yet elegant.
I've also always liked how the environment around the bridge looks, specifically the brown cliffs on both sides - makes the bridge really stand out.

I didn't think much of that bridge, although I distinctly recall being creeped out when I crossed it once and saw a ghost girl in the vicinity.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
Tubeline Bridge had a cool design and plus I liked seeing the trains passing underneath the lane.

It was a pretty stark place however from my own vantage point. It seemed kind of sketchy and urban, especially in Black and White when it was overrun with bikers on certain days.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
What was the whole 'disappearing girl' incident on Marvellous Bridge in BW1 all about? I know it's explained in BW2, but it always freaked me out whenever I would go near her and she'd just vanish into thin air. :eek::confused:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
What was the whole 'disappearing girl' incident on Marvellous Bridge in BW1 all about? I know it's explained in BW2, but it always freaked me out whenever I would go near her and she'd just vanish into thin air. :eek::confused:
Pretty sure it was about her teleporting away with an Abra because she always used to play with it. But anyway the only thing interesting for me was the fact the player could encounter Cresselia there in B2W2. But other than that there isn't really anything interesting for me that would make me like that bridge.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Pretty sure it was about her teleporting away with an Abra because she always used to play with it. But anyway the only thing interesting for me was the fact the player could encounter Cresselia there in B2W2. But other than that there isn't really anything interesting for me that would make me like that bridge.

She did say something about the Lunar Wing, which is an item used to summon Cresselia. Darkrai also comes into it because I think she said she was having nightmares about her family. (I haven't played the Unova games in quite a long time.)

I did like the Tubeline Bridge with the trains rumbling underneath and the motorbike gang who turn up there on Fridays. They renamed themselves the 'Black Mienshao' from the 'Black Empoleon' in my Black game, because Mienshao was the first in my party. :D

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
She did say something about the Lunar Wing, which is an item used to summon Cresselia. Darkrai also comes into it because I think she said she was having nightmares about her family. (I haven't played the Unova games in quite a long time.)
Yeah I do remember she did get a nightmare from Darkrai and she apparently died while she had the nightmare. But anyway I didn't think she said too much outside of that.
I did like the Tubeline Bridge with the trains rumbling underneath and the motorbike gang who turn up there on Fridays. They renamed themselves the 'Black Mienshao' from the 'Black Empoleon' in my Black game, because Mienshao was the first in my party. :D
In some way I like it due to the grid patterns that make up the path of the bridge and the fact that the motorcycle gang will eventually name themselves after the first Pokémon in the player's party. For some reason I also like the fact that the player can obtain TM43 Flame Charge there.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Yeah I do remember she did get a nightmare from Darkrai and she apparently died while she had the nightmare. But anyway I didn't think she said too much outside of that.

In some way I like it due to the grid patterns that make up the path of the bridge and the fact that the motorcycle gang will eventually name themselves after the first Pokémon in the player's party. For some reason I also like the fact that the player can obtain TM43 Flame Charge there.

Dying in your dreams? Where have I heard that before? :rolleyes:

I think it's only in B/W that the biker gang name themselves after your first party member. I don't remember them doing it in B2/W2.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Dying in your dreams? Where have I heard that before? :rolleyes:
I don’t think it’s mentioned anywhere in-game but it’s hinted that it was her fate.
I think it's only in B/W that the biker gang name themselves after your first party member. I don't remember them doing it in B2/W2.
I think that was the same case too. It’s so unfortunate it was removed in B2W2. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.