• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bridges of Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Speaking of Darkrai and Cresselia, I know it's not a bridge, but one of the caves in BW2 apparently leads back to Sinnoh. I think it's the one nearest to your house. The fact that the Lake Guardians (Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf) can be found and caught around Unova strengthens the Sinnoh link further. Could Sinnoh and Unova be geographically near to each other in the Pokémon world?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The mystery just deepens...

Onto another bridge, the Skyarrow Bridge is quite impressive due to its height but I found it disappointing due to the lack of moving vehicles there. They would have made the bridge look busier.

Leonhart

Imagineer
NovaBrunswick said:
What was the whole 'disappearing girl' incident on Marvellous Bridge in BW1 all about? I know it's explained in BW2, but it always freaked me out whenever I would go near her and she'd just vanish into thin air. :eek::confused:

It was such a minor gimmick that I almost never bothered approaching the girl on the bridge after a while. I wish more had been done with that.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
The mystery just deepens...

Onto another bridge, the Skyarrow Bridge is quite impressive due to its height but I found it disappointing due to the lack of moving vehicles there. They would have made the bridge look busier.

There was another bridge on Route 4 (in the desert) where trucks and cars whizzed by. You couldn't go on it though, for obvious reasons.

It was such a minor gimmick that I almost never bothered approaching the girl on the bridge after a while. I wish more had been done with that.

Like I said, it was explained in the sequels, but in the originals it just seemed freaky and out of place in such a cute little game as Pokémon. Usually that kind of thing would happen in Resident Evil or some other horror game.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
There was another bridge on Route 4 (in the desert) where trucks and cars whizzed by. You couldn't go on it though, for obvious reasons.
Yeah I know that there's a bridge there except it isn't as notable as the other bridges in Unova unfortunately. I think that one was built much more recently and therefore it's not as historically linked to the Unova region as the other bridges and they get more recognition because of that. But some of the other famous bridges could be built just as recently and they simply get more recognition because there is something unique about these bridges that stands out a lot.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Yeah I know that there's a bridge there except it isn't as notable as the other bridges in Unova unfortunately. I think that one was built much more recently and therefore it's not as historically linked to the Unova region as the other bridges and they get more recognition because of that.

I think Route 4 changed between B/W and B2/W2. In the sequels, it had more buildings and more people living/walking around there. There was a house where some people would look at your Pokémon's size and give you an item if it was a specific height/weight or higher.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think Route 4 changed between B/W and B2/W2. In the sequels, it had more buildings and more people living/walking around there. There was a house where some people would look at your Pokémon's size and give you an item if it was a specific height/weight or higher.
Yeah I believe so. But we still don't know where the bridge leads to but I believe it is somehow linked to Castelia City because of the existence of roads there and the proximity of the route to that city.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Yeah I believe so. But we still don't know where the bridge leads to but I believe it is somehow linked to Castelia City because of the existence of roads there and the proximity of the route to that city.

If I remember correctly, there were also some cars that would whizz by along Skyarrow Bridge. That bridge also goes to Castelia, kind of like how the Brooklyn and Washington Bridges lead in and out of New York, which is Castelia and Unova's inspiration. So Castelia has two main roads going into it, also like NY.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If I remember correctly, there were also some cars that would whizz by along Skyarrow Bridge. That bridge also goes to Castelia, kind of like how the Brooklyn and Washington Bridges lead in and out of New York, which is Castelia and Unova's inspiration. So Castelia has two main roads going into it, also like NY.
I think that may be the case with Castelia City linking Skyarrow Bridge and that bridge at Route 4. But then it's hard to see the vehicles down below the bridge but at least the pedestrians above can get a bit of fresh air.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I think that may be the case with Castelia City linking Skyarrow Bridge and that bridge at Route 4. But then it's hard to see the vehicles down below the bridge but at least the pedestrians above can get a bit of fresh air.

I wonder why the pedestrian bridge would be above the vehicle bridge. Usually it's the other way round - the cars see more of the skyline.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I wonder why the pedestrian bridge would be above the vehicle bridge. Usually it's the other way round - the cars see more of the skyline.
It would have made more sense to have two paths on the side of the bridge but on the ends of the bridge, the road goes into a tunnel. If the pedestrian bridge was under then we wouldn't see that much of a scenery the developers wanted the player to see.

Daizy

I call you honey
It was a pretty stark place however from my own vantage point. It seemed kind of sketchy and urban, especially in Black and White when it was overrun with bikers on certain days.

I've never battled the bikers although I did see them riding through that bridge one day in a huge frenzied swarm lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
I've never battled the bikers although I did see them riding through that bridge one day in a huge frenzied swarm lol.

They're a minor subplot, but I do wish now that the bridges had more trainers to battle just for the sake of something to do on them.

Denko Sekka

Skyarrow Bridge was nice for egg hatching, but the bridge itself was lacking... something. We should've had to fight Team Plasma there or something.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
Easily Skyarrow Bridge. It is my favourite bridge in Unova, but also one of my favourite landmarks in any Pokemon game.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Skyarrow Bridge. When I first saw it, it was the most beautiful thing I had seen in a videogame at that point (I could still argue that, unless I'm forgetting something :p). Heck, I'd argue it's one of, if not my favorite locations in Pokemon in general.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You guys are forgetting about the sixth bridge of Unova, Marine Tube the underwater bridge between Undella Town and Humilau City in Black and White 2. It's my favorite bridge of the Unova series as it's also an aquarium deep in the ocean.

Marine_Tube_B2W2.png

Interesting small fact about Marine Tube's relationship with the other bridges. There is a man in an orange shirt who desires Fresh Water at Skyarrow Bridge, Driftveil Drawbridge, Tubeline Bridge, Village Bridge, Marvelous Bridge and Marine Tube. If you give him fresh water at all six bridges, he will return to Skyarrow Bridge and give you MooMoo milk.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Village Bridge, most definitely. There's a lot of stuff to do there, plus it just feels really peaceful and unique as a whole.
It's also unique among the bridges, with more to see and do in comparison to the others being... bridges. With Marine Tube following behind due to it being... well a place you want to visit IRL with the view of the sea from the fishes pov, it's like another world.

Yureishi

Skyarrow Bridge looks rather fabulous. The panoramic view is just memorable and let's not forget it's there to connect Pinwheel Forest to Castelia City, two nonetheless beautiful locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.