• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Red and Blue

Sweet, you're entire party gets EXP. Shame we can't turn it off and on again(I'll have to box my team when leveling up Manaphy and Togepi)but its better than it being an item

Last edited:

Sham

Code Lyoko was ahead of it's time
I think Cynthia wasn't the toughest thing ever but just that all the other champions after were relatively easy in comparison

N would serve in as a Champion in the main story game and he wasn't that hard
You can handle Iris if you have a decent team
Diantha is a complete pushover
Kukui is definitely a challenge if you have a weak team
And Leon is the same.

I don't remember Blue being that difficult in the original and haven't played FRLG in a minute. And Lance goes down with Electric and Ice types easily.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
In before complaints of Cynthia being too easy to beat even though she wasn't that hard to beat in DPPt.
Well it depends if it’s DP or Pt and who you have on your team. The main issue I had with Cynthia was her Spiritomb. That thing could take hits so easily and having no weaknesses definitely worked to its advantage.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
In before complaints of Cynthia being too easy to beat even though she wasn't that hard to beat in DPPt.

Well it depends if it’s DP or Pt and who you have on your team. The main issue I had with Cynthia was her Spiritomb. That thing could take hits so easily and having no weaknesses definitely worked to its advantage.
Cynthia’s going to be easier for most players regardless due to the inclusion of Fairy types, the battle system showing which moves are super effective, more players are aware of EV training, and the fact that most vocal players have experience between doing competitive battles & watching countless playthroughs on YouTube that they’ll have a good idea on how to handle her team

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Gesshin Powered
TMs being single use is a bit annoying but thankfully you can get more copies of them, hopefully the method is not too annoying. Being able to freely switch out your party with your box Pokemon is nice as well.

Ignition

Advocate for Froggy Chair Supremacy
Why did they remove the “capture the flag” minigame from the Underground? That was literally the best part about it. Single use TMs are an odd choice that will bring a lot of tedium to the game to grind for them but not too bad.

MartínK

Exp Share like SwSh i like it, more easy to train your mons.
TMs being one use sucks though and i never like that they show if a move is effective or not.
About Spiritbomb is the easiest of Cynthia pokémons to defeat, one earthquake from Torterra and it's done.

Nave

I shudder every time I think of how I trained my Drednaw to beat Leon's Charizard, only to be hit with Max Overgrowth on the first turn...
I'm not happy that Exp Share can't be toggled off. I like turning it on for end game but that's it.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Thank god the EXP share is back, ya'll I can't go back to grinding, I really can't xD. That's why I'm hoping for let's go Johto soon so I can play through johto without grinding lol.

PsychoLogical

The permanent EXP share aint too bad since pre-Gen 5, grinding was extremely time consuming. This was especially the case for Gen 2 and its Gen 4 remakes HGSS due to their notorious level curves, in Gen 4 terms, you get a level spike when you reach the E4 which basically sucks as you’d have to probably spend hrs to grind up for it and you didn’t get at least a Lucky Egg as a gift which helps reduce the time for that in the games until Gen 5. So tbh, the change was necessary.
Why did they remove the “capture the flag” minigame from the Underground? That was literally the best part about it. Single use TMs are an odd choice that will bring a lot of tedium to the game to grind for them but not too bad.
At least I have a reason to do unrelated story shitz.

Teravolt

Hisuian Zorua Stan
Grinding for TMs? COME ON PEOPLE

SERIOUSLY

aight i’m frustrated
all the other info is fine by me but SERIOUSLY

Nodqfan

It's a shame that TM's are one-use again but I supposed it makes sense seeing as how they weren't reusable until Gen 5. Where I'll have a problem with it is if they don't change it back when they eventually do remake Gen 5.

Wulava

Bidoof'd
Staff member
Someone correct me but from what I understand, the underground bases are basically turned into a storage for statues? The actual aspect of secret bases are gone (decor, minigame), correct? If yes, then that sucks. I spent hours with my base in ORAS.

Also, the contest being a rhythm game where you just insert your "appeal move" when you think the time is right is okay, I guess.

Amity Square limiting it to just "cute" Pokemon have me worried. I want my Skuntank and Honchkrow following me.

I don't really mind the EXP Share and TMs. And being able to access the PC anytime is convenient as always.

Last edited:

Autobot N

Autobot
I would prefer to have an optional EXP share, but I'm fine with it in the end. 1 use TMs returning is a bit suspect though