• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Orphalesion

I’m okay with certain Mythicals being Mystery Gifts. Magearna makes sense as it is a man made Pokémon and thus isn’t found in the wild and Hoopa being stuck inside the Prison Bottle and being gifted to you makes sense as a bottle is easy to give to someone else. Gene sect is tricky as it was resurrected and modified by Plasma scientists but we don’t know where the Fossil used to create it came from or what it looks like without the enhancements. The Manaphy Egg follows the Prison Bottle holding Hoopa logic as Pokémon Eggs are commonly given out as gifts.

But even with those...you could explore an old ruin and find Magearna there, and yeah, getting the bottle is alright (can be done by an NPC) but then make it so that you have to open the bottle and catch Hoopa (or is that already how that event worked? I really don't follow the events usually).

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
But even with those...you could explore an old ruin and find Magearna there, and yeah, getting the bottle is alright (can be done by an NPC) but then make it so that you have to open the bottle and catch Hoopa (or is that already how that event worked? I really don't follow the events usually).
The Prison Bottle is said to contain half of Hoopa’s powers and it wouldn’t make much sense if Hoopa was found in the Wild as it is significantly weaker in its Confined form and would naturally want to be as close to the Bottle containing its true powers and form as it could.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I’ve never been a fan of mythicals not being catchable in game, so I’m really hoping for some sort of event for Sinnoh’s mythicals (even just one of them!). It seems really weird and a little lazy to not let us catch them or anything? I remember the Darkrai and Cresselia events in DPP and the Victini event in BW, and I really hope something like those happens again. Story beats, like Locormus said. It just doesn’t feel as rewarding to just be handed a Zeroara or Melmetal, for example. I always end up feeling less attached to them when I can’t catch them myself.

I don't want to counter-argument myself, but I am kind of attached to my Zeraora and Melmetal..

But mostly due to them being lv100 upon receiving. And that's the only important part, mostly because the NPC-Pokémon during raids are about 70% the level of yours, that means that using them means the NPC's have level 70 Pokémon. And since my highest level pokémon not named Zeraora, Melmetal and Zacian is around level 60 - those two finally gave me a good shot at clearing 5* raids (since I don't have Nintendo Online).

I mean having the three back-ups being level 70 is a big difference compared to level 42.. -.-

I’m willing to have Mythicals catchable in the wild. AS LONGGGGG….. as what’s needed isn’t a hassle and stupid like the event duration gibberish from the old days where after an amount of time, they’re now unobtainable unless through cheats.

I wouldn't mind that.. If you've missed events these days they're also unobtainable.. To me that's the entire point, exclusivity.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I don't want to counter-argument myself, but I am kind of attached to my Zeraora and Melmetal..

But mostly due to them being lv100 upon receiving
Personally, I’m more attached to my Melmetal because I caught it as a Meltan and evolved it, after which I was able to properly raise it into the powerhouse it is now.

I’ve actually been starting to like using legendaries and mythical pokémon, though it’s usually when they’re either under leveled or you have enough time in the game to raise them. Ever since the Crown Tundra, I’ve started seeing them more as regular pokémon & (even though I don’t go overboard with them) they naturally feel like part of my teams.

I’m actually using a level 20 Reshiram from Pokémon Go on my Shield team, while in my recent Pokémon Y playthrough I actually tried using Yveltal in my reserves. They’re still pretty strong, but it’s fun using them in battles and not having them 1-hit kill everything

Last edited:

Orphalesion

The Prison Bottle is said to contain half of Hoopa’s powers and it wouldn’t make much sense if Hoopa was found in the Wild as it is significantly weaker in its Confined form and would naturally want to be as close to the Bottle containing its true powers and form as it could.

...and that's why I suggested that you have to fight and catch it after opening the bottle.

Autobot N

Personally, I’m more attached to my Melmetal because I caught it as a Meltan and evolved it, after which I was able to properly raise it into the powerhouse it is now.

I’ve actually been starting to like using legendaries and mythical pokémon, though it’s usually when they’re either under leveled or you have enough time in the game to raise them. Ever since the Crown Tundra, I’ve started seeing them more as regular pokémon & (even though I don’t go overboard with them) they naturally feel like part of my teams.

I’m actually using a level 20 Reshiram from Pokémon Go on my Shield team, while in my recent Pokémon Y playthrough I actually tried using Yveltal in my reserves. They’re still pretty strong, but it’s fun using them in battles and not having them 1-hit kill everything
I like to do this too, but I limit it to BST 600 or less (so no Mewtwo or box legendaries)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I don’t know why but something about BDSP is bothering me. I’m still excited for the games & I’m not upset about stuff like the art style or the EXP share, but when compared to Legends they just feel like side projects or the “lesser” Sinnoh games.

I know this may change once the games and Home connectivity come out, but the thing is I want all of these upcoming games to be on an equal level in terms of quality, gameplay, & enjoyment. However, between the new pokémon & better customization in Legends, the seemingly no Platinum additions to fit with ILCA’s dedication to faithful remakes, & the internet’s general negative/lukewarm opinions, something about BDSP is rubbing me the wrong way and it’s almost like we’re supposed to see them as inferior games compared to Legends.

If anything, I feel like this wouldn't be as bad if BDSP were shown to have a little more freedom or were given the HGSS treatment (where the games were shown to have aspects of both DP & Platinum). It's like, I want both games to be two equal serving portions rather than BDSP being the appetizer and Legends being the main course.

Last edited:

PCN24454

I don’t know why but something about BDSP is bothering me. I’m still excited for the games & I’m not upset about stuff like the art style or the EXP share, but when compared to Legends they just feel like side projects or the “lesser” Sinnoh games.

I know this may change once the games and Home connectivity come out, but the thing is I want all of these upcoming games to be on an equal level in terms of quality, gameplay, & enjoyment. However, between the new pokémon & better customization in Legends, the seemingly no Platinum additions to fit with ILCA’s dedication to faithful remakes, & the internet’s general negative/lukewarm opinions, something about BDSP is rubbing me the wrong way and it’s almost like we’re supposed to see them as inferior games compared to Legends.
Well yeah. There's a reason why the Nintendo Direct ended on Legends rather than BDSP. It's because they knew what they wanted people to be more hyped about.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Well yeah. There's a reason why the Nintendo Direct ended on Legends rather than BDSP. It's because they knew what they wanted people to be more hyped about.
Yeah, but in the August Direct I saw both games as equals due to the amount of content they showed, whereas the September trailers kind of made Legends feel more like the better game by showing the customization features, introducing Kleavor, and showing more of the plot of the games.

BCVM22

I know this may change once the games and

the internet’s general negative/lukewarm opinions
On November 19, you are going to start playing, the game will pull you in, and you will forget this was ever a concern. We spend far too much time chasing our own tails during pre-release, and any time spent worrying about the Internet's general negativity on any subject is generally too much time spent.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

If anything, I feel like this wouldn't be as bad if BDSP were shown to have a little more freedom or were given the HGSS treatment (where the games were shown to have aspects of both DP & Platinum). It's like, I want both games to be two equal serving portions rather than BDSP being the appetizer and Legends being the main course.
I just discovered proof of the Pt Dex being used in the remakes! If you look closely at the trailer that revealed Amnity Square and Poffins, right at the part where Riley sends out Lucario in a Double Battle in Iron Island, you can see the PC send out Gallade. It’s very quick though and you have to slow down the trailer but yeah. That’s clearly Gallade that the player sent out. There’s another quick glimpse of it around the 1:56 mark. I know that you could do the Iron Island sidequest after the E4 but I think most players including the ones playing the game in the trailer would do it while they are in Canalave City for the Mine Badge and do the sidequest to get Riolu to evolve into Lucario before the E4. Gallade wasn’t part of the DP Dex until after you got the National Dex. And the trailers have shown nothing that seemed to be footage of anything after you defeated the E4 and Cynthia except maybe the Pokémon Hideaways. So Sylveon will most likely be added to the Dex as Eevee is in the Pt Dex and getting Sylveon isn’t too difficult or anything different from some of the other cross Gen evolutions introduced in Sinnoh.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
On November 17, you are going to start playing, the game will pull you in, and you will forget this was ever a concern. We spend far too much time chasing our own tails during pre-release, and any time spent worrying about the Internet's general negativity on any subject is generally too much time spent.

I love how you're just always the voice of reason in these kinds of arguments.

I just discovered proof of the Pt Dex being used in the remakes! If you look closely at the trailer that revealed Amnity Square and Poffins, right at the part where Riley sends out Lucario in a Double Battle in Iron Island, you can see the PC send out Gallade. It’s very quick though and you have to slow down the trailer but yeah. That’s clearly Gallade that the player sent out. There’s another quick glimpse of it around the 1:56 mark. I know that you could do the Iron Island sidequest after the E4 but I think most players including the ones playing the game in the trailer would do it while they are in Canalave City for the Mine Badge and do the sidequest to get Riolu to evolve into Lucario before the E4. Gallade wasn’t part of the DP Dex until after you got the National Dex. And the trailers have shown nothing that seemed to be footage of anything after you defeated the E4 and Cynthia except maybe the Pokémon Hideaways. So Sylveon will most likely be added to the Dex as Eevee is in the Pt Dex and getting Sylveon isn’t too difficult or anything different from some of the other cross Gen evolutions introduced in Sinnoh.

I was going to make an entire post on how DP doesn't have Amie, Refresh or Camps.. And then I realized that you get Sylveon by regular friendship (like Umbreon and Espeon) these days, while having a Fairy-type move on the Eevee.

I mean I only got Sylveon in Sword after I threw in a shiny one from Pokémon Go.. xD

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm not expecting them to include any post-Gen 4 Pokemon in this game, Sylveon included.

BCVM22

I love how you're just always the voice of reason in these kinds of arguments.
As I said, I think we spend far too much time chasing our own tails, especially in this final month or so leading up to release. We spend so much energy yibbitzing about what we think is in the games and is not in the games and what “the Internet” thinks about the games that we lose sight of the fact that we will actually get to play these games very soon and being able to do that renders 99% of the pre-release discussion moot.