• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
With how faithful BDSP seems to be, I think its pretty safe to say there aren't any post gen 4 gimmicks in these games.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
With how faithful BDSP seems to be, I think its pretty safe to say there aren't any post gen 4 gimmicks in these games.

The game already includes Fairy-types and the removal of HMs, so there's already some pretty good changes.

Mega Evolution wouldn't make much of a difference, since no real story is required. All we need is for some random character to go, "Hey, ever heard of Mega Evolution?", and we're good. lol

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
You're still buying that "faithful remakes" BS? There are already lots of Platinum-based changes, HM-exclusion, Fairy-type, etc...

I doubt ME is present but I won't be surprised if it's included... If any, ILCA is one of those with ME data and base models on hand...

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Every unused Ability is still programmed to have flavor text in SwSh including Mega and Primal exclusive Abilities and Battle Bond. None of them were actually removed from the games like the cut moves. If Megas and by extension Primal Reversions were permanently removed then why keep the text describing Parental Bond, Primordial Sea, Desolate Land, and Delta Wind? Also Neuroforce still exists in the game data and it might be possible that a new way to get Ultra Nezcroma might happen.

masdog

The good old days weren’t always good…

Ignition

Sinnoh Season
First TV commercial trailer are out in european countries. Few new scenes:

This shows Candice with a Snover which is only on her DP team. Looks like they’re unfortunately using the weaker DP roster.
Has anyone decided which version there getting of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shinning Pearl or both?
Diamond was my first Pokémon game ever so it’s only fitting I get BD. I’ll eventually get Shining Pearl though.

masdog

The good old days weren’t always good…
This shows Candice with a Snover which is only on her DP team. Looks like they’re unfortunately using the weaker DP roster.
And the last trailer that dropped on YouTube in both the US and Japan showed Candice using Abomasnow.

Maybe there is an in-game option that lets us choose whether trainers use the DP rosters or the Pt rosters.

Or they're just trolling us...

Ignition

Sinnoh Season
And the last trailer that dropped on YouTube in both the US and Japan showed Candice using Abomasnow.

Maybe there is an in-game option that lets us choose whether trainers use the DP rosters or the Pt rosters.

Or they're just trolling us...
I wanted to give the trailers the benefit of the doubt because Candice/Volkners still use their DP aces on their team but I hope you’re right. Some people are suggesting they’ll have their Platinum teams in the post game rematches which is ok I guess

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

Diamond was my first Pokémon game ever so it’s only fitting I get BD. I’ll eventually get Shining Pearl though.
I read somewhere that Candice was also shown to have an Abomosnow with Blizzard, which doesn't match the DP moveset.

Make with that what you will.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Has anyone decided which version there getting of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shinning Pearl or both?
Both, but I'm playing Brilliant Diamond first and most likely waiting until Home connectivity to do Shining Pearl