• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I’ve asked this before, but do you think physical delivery preorders of BDSP will be affected by the cargo ship issue in the US?

I preordered Brilliant Diamond through Best Buy back in June & I know I got SWSH through them on the night of the games’ release, but with everything after hearing from a GameStop employee that the cargo ship problem is causing a delay in game releases due to a lack of materials like chips & plastic, I’m not sure whether or not to just buy the game digitally & return my physical copy once it comes in the mail since I'm worried it's going to be delayed for months.
I'm not sure i'd worry about this. They haven't announced any changes to the release date, and it doesn't seem like other big releases like Metroid have been impacted as a quick web search shows retailers in my area (Wisconsin) having plenty of them in stock.

Nintendo has probably arranged alternative shipping for Pokemon, either by working with retailers to ship on a chartered freighter to an alternate port that isn't congested like Los Angeles/Long Beach or by chartering an aircraft. Air could be an attractive option because the games are small and light, so they could probably fill a plane without even coming close to the weight limit.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the games are already working their way through the various retailers supply chains since release day is only three weeks away.

Red and Blue

Decided to go with Pearl cause I like Palkia a bit more than Dialga. None of the Pokemon on my planned team are version exclusive anyway.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Dialga is superior, though!

He’s blue! And has a cool cry!
Both are pretty good, but Rampardos & Mime Jr. are the main version exclusives for me

Julia Artemis

I really dislike Palkia and think he looks like a giant ugly phallic dragon, but I really want to use Mismagius so guess I'm going with Pearl. Though I'd really like to see a full list of version exclusives for BDSP. Which we haven't gotten yet

ebevan91

I found it really dumb that you couldn't even get some of the D/P exclusives in Platinum without trading from D/P.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I really dislike Palkia and think he looks like a giant ugly phallic dragon, but I really want to use Mismagius so guess I'm going with Pearl. Though I'd really like to see a full list of version exclusives for BDSP. Which we haven't gotten yet
I’m getting both versions. I can catch a Misdreavus for you and trade it to you.

Trillion

I’ve asked this before, but do you think physical delivery preorders of BDSP will be affected by the cargo ship issue in the US?

I preordered Brilliant Diamond through Best Buy back in June & I know I got SWSH through them on the night of the games’ release, but with everything after hearing from a GameStop employee that the cargo ship problem is causing a delay in game releases due to a lack of materials like chips & plastic, I’m not sure whether or not to just buy the game digitally & return my physical copy once it comes in the mail since I'm worried it's going to be delayed for months.
i doubt it'd be delayed that long

i preordered through gamestop and they're saying delivery will be between november 19th and november 22nd. i wanted to pick it up in-store at midnight on the 19th but i guess i was too late for that option

hoping it gets here on the 19th

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Looks like you and my younger brother have that in common. lol

His sole reason for choosing Shining Pearl is to play with Mismagius, who is one of his favorite pokemon.