• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I think it's pretty safe to say at this point. Seems like the game is only the 493 that were in it originally, which is honestly fine to me.

We don't need anymore pokemon than that.
I doubt GameFreak and The Pokemon Company will want to go through another National Dexit incident. If they add it in a update a few months later in 2022 it'll be fine since most players will probably own copy of these games by then.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Have they confirmed that they're not including the pokemon from gens 5-8 yet?:mad:

It's very safe to assume that only Bulbasaur (001) up to Arceus (493) will be in the game, since it is meant to be faithful to the original D/P. And of course, not allowing all Pokemon to be able to fit in one game is to drive up the HOME subscriptions.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
At least I can use Victreebel.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
eh who cares if there’ll be anything in BDSP that’s from Gens 5-8, already better than the originals by not having its originals’ horsecrap pokedex.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I doubt GameFreak and The Pokemon Company will want to go through another National Dexit incident. If they add it in a update a few months later in 2022 it'll be fine since most players will probably own copy of these games by then.

That incident had absolutely zero impact on the franchise. Hell, Pokémon Sword & Shield is headed to being the second biggest-selling Pokémon title ever.

Besides, seeing as how they're keeping Rank Battles in SWSH, it's likely they intend for us to transfer our pokemon to it.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

PsychoLogical

How ironic of you posting this cause that had no effect on bs, despite how half baked SwSh was (which it was), still went on to essentially being the second most sold pokemon game in history. Granted that being on the switch was a factor but still.

D

Deleted member 384931

How ironic of you posting this cause that had no effect on bs, despite how half baked SwSh was (which it was), still went on to essentially being the second most sold pokemon game in history. Granted that being on the switch was a factor but still.
They dont even have to try anymore, that is the sad thing. The heart has been out of pokemon for a while.

PsychoLogical

They dont even have to try anymore, that is the sad thing. The heart has been out of pokemon for a while.
Been out since the end of Gen 5.

D

Deleted member 384931

Been out since the end of Gen 5.
The stories got lazier and the the free mystery gifts felt meh. I mean they put minimal effort in SWSH and the DLC and still got money out of it. ORAS was a good remake, got much new stuff. But BDSP feels lazy.....

D

Deleted member 384931

"Lazy."
"The heart is out of it."
"Franchise going downhill."

We learn nothing, ever. Everything is happening for the first time every time. It would be funny if it weren't so crushingly repetitive and short-sighted.
I know right lol. Just cause pokemon is on the cover doesnt mean it is good or gold. This isn't Zelda or Mario.

BCVM22

I know right lol. Just cause pokemon is on the cover doesnt mean it is good or gold. This isn't Zelda.
You misunderstand, or perhaps you don't. I couldn't disagree more with people who take that stance. I think it's devoid of any useful perception of reality and I think it overweights the simple fact that you may not enjoy a given Pokémon title as much as you might have years ago, which is fine, and it attempts to make that isolated fact a referendum on the franchise as a whole, which it most certainly is not.

D

Deleted member 384931

You misunderstand, or perhaps you don't. I couldn't disagree more with people who take that stance. I think it's devoid of any useful perception of reality and I think it overweights the simple fact that you may not enjoy a given Pokémon title as much as you might have years ago, which is fine, and it attempts to make that isolated fact a referendum on the franchise as a whole, which it most certainly is not.
That is fair, I do not say that because I am older pokemon suddenly sucks, to be very clear . I feel something has changed in how they use the pokémon. The tone has shifted but dont ask me why or how. Is it cause of the controversies? The negativity on YouTube?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
I chalk it up to the higher visibility of differing opinions due to the rise of social media and YouTube. Back when the original Diamond and Pearl came out you mostly had forums like Serebii which, for the most part, didn’t quite have the widespread reach of something like YouTube and Twitter does today.

That’s not to say that DP didn’t have it’s detractors or people expressing negative opinions back in the day - they just weren’t quite as visible.

Not to say those with doubt or less than positive opinions regarding these games (or recent games in general) are wrong - far from it. If you dislike a game or the direction a series is going in that’s absolutely a valid opinion. I just don’t necessarily think it’s the “end of the franchise”. As others have said more concisely, people have been saying that particular mantra for years now.