• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It’s probably best to stay away from Twitter for a while, not just because of the leaks posted on there, but also because of how incredibly upset people are for the games only using elements from DP and not adding anything from Platinum (also because there are no megas, no new characters, no compelling postgame, no distortion world, no Gen 5-8 pokémon, etc.)

Last edited:

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
It’s probably best to stay away from Twitter for a while, not just because of the leaks posted on there, but also because of how incredibly upset people are for the games only using elements from DP and not adding anything from Platinum (also because there are no new megas, characters, postgame, etc.)
n-no postgame? DANG IT. i knew i should have stuck to only buying BD. the trailer in August got me so hyped that i went ahead and preordered Pearl as well. at least it was a Christmas present.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It’s probably best to stay away from Twitter for a while, not just because of the leaks posted on there, but also because of how incredibly upset people are for the games only using elements from DP and not adding anything from Platinum (also because there are no nmegas, no new characters, no compelling postgame, no distortion world, etc.)
I guess Platinum will stay the Sinnoh game for me

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Remember, the leakers aren’t using patched copies of the game. There is going to be a release day patch that will fix issues with the game. While I doubt it would add content, I also wouldn’t be surprised if some things were added after the game hit the “Release to Manufacturing” milestone.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Remember, the leakers aren’t using patched copies of the game. There is going to be a release day patch that will fix issues with the game. While I doubt it would add content, I also wouldn’t be surprised if some things were added after the game hit the “Release to Manufacturing” milestone.
Or intentionally used different rosters for the Gym Leaders and E4 to throw off hackers and leakers. That would be interesting if that were true.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Plus the leakers haven't mentioned anything about the side areas or the revealed/updated content like customization, contests, the grand underground, the poketch, the pal park, the great marsh, or the trophy garden. They're just showing the main story and, due to only using four pokemon, sweeping through the gym leaders seems relatively easy easy.

Also, I don't know how they're able to get a Gengar or all three starters without trading
Is BDSP using the national or platinum dex
My guess is that hey're using the DP pokedex but Platinum pokemon (and then some) will be available through the underground hideaways

Either way, this is whole thing is kind of giving me deja vu because of all the hate and criticism the original DP games had

Last edited:

Bionickai001

Hive Trainer
With each bit of information we get about this game I feel more and more consigned that the games are almost carbon copies of the originals. No Platinum qol features like Battlegrounds or the Villa. I've decided to speak with my money and not buy the games. Instead, I'll bring out my DS lite and play Platinum, the game I actually want to play, until Arceus Legends comes out.

BCVM22

As for everything else, remember that we're still trying to see the whole picture through a very narrow keyhole. Go easy on the specific questions right now and exercise restraint otherwise, because the answer to a lot of questions is still "we don't know yet." We got less than two weeks before the games are in hand. You've waited this long, you can make it.

And to the people content with themselves to say "I'm not spending money on this game," that's great and that's the decision that's right for you, we're delighted for you, enjoy that.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
I know this may not be a saving grace for many, but the guy never went into the Underground. We didn't get to see the main Gen IV gimmick, which they have shown that they are expanding on. This may be a small thing for some, but I would get this game solely to see how the Underground has been changed.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Its very clear that they’re playing an incomplete game. My assumption is that ILCA/GF had to do a cutoff early to make sure the game was produced and shipped in time, and there will be a lot added/fixed in a Day 1 patch. The things we’re not seeing are either because they need fixes that will be in the Day 1 patch, or because the leakers are in a rush to get to the end to see what is in the postgame.

I think we will get a final trailer this week that includes more on the postgame.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Its very clear that they’re playing an incomplete game. My assumption is that ILCA/GF had to do a cutoff early to make sure the game was produced and shipped in time, and there will be a lot added/fixed in a Day 1 patch. The things we’re not seeing are either because they need fixes that will be in the Day 1 patch, or because the leakers are in a rush to get to the end to see what is in the postgame.

I think we will get a final trailer this week that includes more on the postgame.
While it's possible that there will be some issues fixed, I would recommend against relying on the patch as an all encompassing fix to every problem that people are bringing up. A day 1 patch is probably not going to fix things like team rosters as those would've been designed for the game early on and (especially in the case of the Gym Leader Team rosters) have already been marketed as they've been seen in the leaks (ex. Volkner's ace being Luxray). Don't expect too much out of the patch, just follow along with what we see and plan according to that information.