• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Next week <3
Atleast the music is amazing. Full volume in coming.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I'm glad i'm prepared for avoiding mindy and her infamous everstone haunter trade prank *looks at pokemon home box that been ready for months containing*

Gengar
Female combee
Gliscor
Munchlax
Heracross
Beldum (Wild beldum in DPPt are only found during hail and only has takedown move hurting itself)
and several mons that are exclusive to pearl version since i'm buying diamond version.

Yeah i've been crazy prepared. Including a chimchar and a turtwig from pokemon go to go along with piplup as a starter. Just have to wait for when we can transfer pokemons to a box ingame in a update or depending on a city.
I thought we wouldn’t be able to transfer them from Home for a while. They normally have a 2 month wait before Home updates with the new game

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Despite the sudden backlash the games are getting due to the datamine, I'm still gonna get them. Brilliant Diamond at launch, Shining Pearl later, just for the nostalgia.
I’m getting both as well, considering that I never played the original Sinnoh games.

Red and Blue

Despite the sudden backlash the games are getting due to the datamine, I'm still gonna get them. Brilliant Diamond at launch, Shining Pearl later, just for the nostalgia.
Same. I never got to play the original Gen 4 games so canceling after finding out the alterations wasn't even an option for me

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
I seriously hope that the actual finished OST is in there. So far, all I read are people saying that the music sucks... It's quite curious considering Shota Kageyama did the OST on this.
You may have heard some of the tracks I heard or even more, but from what I can tell, it's only the battle themes that sound unfinished (with the midi placeholders- well we pray they're only placeholders) however IMO the route themes are sounding wonderful. I've heard route 213 and it's gorgeous in my opinion. Here's hoping the remaining low quality tracks are in the 4gb day one patch (not expecting much else other than bug fixes)

Orphalesion

I always was on the fence on whether to get these games (well, one of them, I don't buy both versions of Pokemon games)

If the Datamine had any influence on my decisions then only because it seems to have confirmed something that I needed to have changed in order for me to be interested.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Im getting them because my dog chewed up my platinum cartridge and im too lazy to look for my pearl version xD. Plus I don't want to start a new file on either of them anyways.
Wait a minute how did the dog get past the anti-licking/bad taste defense on a ds cartridge?

I thought we wouldn’t be able to transfer them from Home for a while. They normally have a 2 month wait before Home updates with the new game
The android version got updated to 1.5.1 today. No sign of updates on the switch console, i checked yesterday.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Waiting these 10 days for the game to come out is bloody nerve-wrecking.

It's always a pain in the rear, isn't it? So close, yet so far, and the datamines are all over the place so you gotta be careful where you click. I usually don't mind datamines - I actually enjoy them - but this time I really want to go in with a fresh head. I want the experience to be as new and exciting as it was 14 years ago.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Waiting these 10 days for the game to come out is bloody nerve-wrecking.

It's always a pain in the rear, isn't it? So close, yet so far, and the datamines are all over the place so you gotta be careful where you click. I usually don't mind datamines - I actually enjoy them - but this time I really want to go in with a fresh head. I want the experience to be as new and exciting as it was 14 years ago.
I never really got to play the original games and Pt was the only Gen IV game I was able to get brand new at the time and be able to do some of the stuff that required the internet. I have Diamond and Pearl on the DS now but they’re used copies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I never really got to play the original games and Pt was the only Gen IV game I was able to get brand new at the time and be able to do some of the stuff that required the internet. I have Diamond and Pearl on the DS now but they’re used copies.

I never owned Platinum, though my younger brother had it so I watched him play often.

I had both Diamond and Pearl, though not at the same time. I had Diamond in 2007 and Pearl between 2008 and 2010. I have no idea what happened to my copy of Diamond. lol

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I was never able to get any of them and had to rely on a flashcart which I still do to this day, if I could find an opportunity to somehow get an authentic copy in the future then I’ll take it. Willing to pay, just hard to find an authentic one nowadays.