• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

ShadowForce720

I'm just hoping we'll be able to transfer pokemon in both Sinnoh games. I know we'll be able to send pokemon into BDSP, but some of the code information from the datamines is giving me hope that Home connectivity will allow us to send Sinnoh pokemon into Legends
Honestly I’m inclined to think that Legends will work similar to Let’s Go in the matter of transferring Pokémon.

Basically that we will be able to transfer Pokémon from Legends Arceus throughout Home to Pokémon Sword & Shield as well as BDSP but once the mon hits those games we won’t be able to transfer them back to LA.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Will the games even work with Pokémon Home right away?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think the beginning of next month is when connectivity with Home is supposed to happen plus the thing that replaces the GTS in BDSP. A significant part of Jubilife City is still inaccessible via normal means right now as that lady stops you every time you head in that direction and makes you turn around. The TV Station also has stuff that no one can use right now.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So the Nintendo Financial Report is finally in, and BDSP sold a whopping 13.97 million copies in just seven weeks!

Since the report ends at December 31, 2021, there is no knowing how much it's made since, but the current sales number is incredible.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So much for the fanbase passing on these games.

unfortunately that means the commercial anime will still continue into the future though sadly, since the games are still selling well.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
So much for the fanbase passing on these games.

unfortunately that means the commercial anime will still continue into the future though sadly, since the games are still selling well.
rip

why don’t people get that BD/SP are okay at best

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
So the Nintendo Financial Report is finally in, and BDSP sold a whopping 13.97 million copies in just seven weeks!

Since the reports ends at December 31, 2021, there is no knowing how much it's made since, but the current sales number is incredible.
Damn! Thats impressive.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
rip

why don’t people get that BD/SP are okay at best
Well I think they are better than LGPE because they have more replay value and an actual post game that is worth playing. LGPE became pretty dull by the time you get to Victory Road because there were no mini games or true Safari Zone to kill time and the thing that replaced the Safari Zone is extremely boring to visit as you really had nothing to do there as the Pokémon imported from Go just wandered around in the same spot. At least with Ramanas Park, you can go to different areas with their own natural themes and catch Legendary Pokémon.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Well I think they are better than LGPE because they have more replay value and an actual post game that is worth playing. LGPE became pretty dull by the time you get to Victory Road because there were no mini games or true Safari Zone to kill time and the thing that replaced the Safari Zone is extremely boring to visit as you really had nothing to do there as the Pokémon imported from Go just wandered around in the same spot. At least with Ramanas Park, you can go to different areas with their own natural themes and catch Legendary Pokémon.
True. I never played LGPE, but I’ll take your word for it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’ve been putting Brilliant Diamond on hold to play through Legends Arceus a little bit, but I’m currently trying to get pokémon to act as doubles for my Hisuian catches so I can act as if I’m bringing them over to modern Sinnoh. I got a Voltorb & a Sneasel to represent my Hisuian ones, now I just need to figure out which Pokémon to use as placeholders for my Samurott & Basculegion

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Reminder that the Manaphy Egg & the Platinum clothes Mystery Gifts are going away soon

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This is true, but we’ll be able to freely transfer Manaphy and Phione to BDSP from PLA once Pokémon Home is updated.
True. Mainly for those who want to use it for future runs since you can get this much earlier than LA’s

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This is true, but we’ll be able to freely transfer Manaphy and Phione to BDSP from PLA once Pokémon Home is updated.
I’m still bummed that the BDSP patch & the Kanto starter raids were the “big announcement” for Pokémon week instead of Home connectivity

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I’m still bummed that the BDSP patch & the Kanto starter raids were the “big announcement” for Pokémon week instead of Home connectivity
Somehow, I highly doubt that was the big announcement for Sword and Shield. There’s an even bigger announcement for Sword and Shield coming today.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

None of the "announcements" this week seem to be anything big. Most of them are for mobile games which tells you not to get too excited. That being said, we don't know what they're doing on Pokemon Day itself (or shortly after, because Pokemon Day is on a Sunday), so don't get too bummed just yet. The Home update for BDSP and LA is probably going to be announced soon, we just don't know when because they haven't said when they'll be discussing BDSP or LA yet.

Somehow, I highly doubt that was the big announcement for Sword and Shield. There’s an even bigger announcement for Sword and Shield coming today.

No, that was it, that was the announcement for the 22nd, it was just announced before it was the 22nd for most of us because of time zones.

ShadowForce720

None of the "announcements" this week seem to be anything big. Most of them are for mobile games which tells you not to get too excited. That being said, we don't know what they're doing on Pokemon Day itself (or shortly after, because Pokemon Day is on a Sunday), so don't get too bummed just yet. The Home update for BDSP and LA is probably going to be announced soon, we just don't know when because they haven't said when they'll be discussing BDSP or LA yet.

No, that was it, that was the announcement for the 22nd, it was just announced before it was the 22nd for most of us because of time zones.
In all honesty I think is a pretty good chance that they are saving that information to be announced on Pokémon Day.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Personally, I was either hoping for one of three things: Finally being able to catch Victini in Sword and Shield, having the rest of the currently missing Pokémon from Gen 8 being added into Sword and Shield or finally having Pokémon Home compatibility between BDSP, PLA and Sword/Shield.