• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Wait, seriously?! That’s completely unfair to those of us who never even used the glitches.

Where did you hear this?!
Worse things can be done in Generations 3-5 and we can import from there.
Nothing suggests this, at all, and I would think twice about whether you should ever again take seriously whomever put this forward. Needless sensationalism with zero basis, for the sole purpose of attention.

You shouldn't put any stock in this.
Only chicken stock.
There is no truth to this. Move on people.
Correct. There are zero core series games where transfer is impossible. They aren’t starting now.

DKN117

Legend Tamer
Sorry, I just picked the theory up from a bunch of different people (who each independently thought of it) on reddit where they (and I) are trying to figure out why the hell we're almost four months in, Pokemon Day has come & gone, and there's still not only no BDSP/HOME compatibility but absolutely zero feedback from the game-makers regarding it other than an extremely vague "2022".

Like, are they gonna hold it back until December 31st?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Correct. There are zero core series games where transfer is impossible. They aren’t starting now.
The exception would be Gen II to Gen III but GF did sort of have a work around to that problem.

NeedsAName

So, I've heard a horrible theory: Because of the rampant Pokemon cloning/duplicating going on, GameFreak / ICLRUAwhatever-the-acronym-is might decide to never implement BDSP/HOME compatibility.

(Also, Golden Arcanine: I'm going to get to work today on prepping to take you up on that offer, hopefully ready to get it done tomorrow or Wednesday, will PM you with details)
Containment Zone

Golden_Arcanine

So, I've heard a horrible theory: Because of the rampant Pokemon cloning/duplicating going on, GameFreak / ICLRUAwhatever-the-acronym-is might decide to never implement BDSP/HOME compatibility.

(Also, Golden Arcanine: I'm going to get to work today on prepping to take you up on that offer, hopefully ready to get it done tomorrow or Wednesday, will PM you with details)
I'd suspect it's far more likely that their compatible with Home and strictly BDSP. Kinda like once you send a game to SwSh, you couldn't send them to back to Let's Go.

Pokemon Power

I wish they'd announce the release date for the compatibility update to Pokemon Home, because there's some Pokemon I have that I really wanna transfer over from Bank as soon as possible. My thought as to why they're not saying anything yet is that they are hiding something big about it, like maybe being able to bring regional variants over, or perhaps a simultaneous compatibility update to Sword and Shield that will let you bring the remaining Gen. 1 through 4 Pokemon over.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The only Pokémon I want to transfer from Home to BDSP is the Shiny Murkrow I hatched in Go. It’s at a low level so I could start a new game with it easily.

Det. Viper

I was hoping for a Home announcement soon as well. I want to start a game of Shining Pearl but want to transfer in a Chimchar so my character has been just sitting at the Pokémon Center of Floaroma for the last two months. Might have to start a second PLA play through on my alt account before this actually happens.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Looks like the BDSP 1.3 update is scheduled to drop tonight. It includes a Member Card Mystery Gift that will be available starting April 1st and enable a Darkrai encounter and an Azure Flute distribution to encounter Arceus if you’ve completed PLA.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Looks like the BDSP 1.3 update is scheduled to drop tonight. It includes a Member Card Mystery Gift that will be available starting April 1st and enable a Darkrai encounter and an Azure Flute distribution to encounter Arceus if you’ve completed PLA.

What does it mean completing PLA? It includes catching Arceus there and completing the Pokedex?:/

ShadowForce720

Yep, and that gets that stuff out of the way. I will say that it’s nice that the Arceus event isn’t a limited time thing.

I think for the most part all that’s left for BDSP and LA is the Home Compatibility which hopefully will come out in May at the latest.

I do have to wonder though if they have something else planned for LA besides the Daybreak patch we got because I don’t know why the strategy guide(or whatever it’s called) for LA isn’t coming out until April if there isn’t anything else planned for it.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's nice that we can finally get that Arceus event lol
Though I wish they made Shaymin and Darkrai permanent too, we can catch them in Arceus so I don't see what the big deal is on making the islands inaccessible. Either way it's nice that some Mythical Pokemon can be earned permanently through BDSP and Legends, hopefully this trend continues into the future with Scarlet and Violet

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Whilst I love that the Azure Flute is finally included in the Sinnoh games, I'm a bit sad at the method. With all the ruins dotted around the much older Hisui region, was it beyond belief that a hidden chamber or series of chambers could've been uncovered in Celestic Town and the flute located there instead... I mean... Something a bit more imaginative than it appearing in the bedroom of the protagonist...

Det. Viper

Great to see that the GWS is finally up and running. I have a collection of about 20 5 IV Chimchar that I will be giving out.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I don't understand why we have to choose a point on the Map before every Wondertrade.

From what i remember in D/P. We only chose a "Point" once to set up where we lived and that was it.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
makes me think there will just be a ton of "Point 1" wonder trades, just so they dont have to bother ;)

There are also "points" that make no sense. They are in the middle of the ocean with no land anywhere near by.

Unless thats for people on Cruise Ships?

Last edited: