• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
makes me think there will just be a ton of "Point 1" wonder trades, just so they dont have to bother ;)

There are also "points" that make no sense. They are in the middle of the ocean with no land anywhere near by.

Unless thats for people on Cruise Ships?
Could be. There’s one point at the research facility in Antarctica. I highly doubt the researchers there have the time to do wonder trades in BDSP.

Det. Viper

Given the recent Home announcement… I have BD and have caught my own Raikou but did end up trading with someone at one point for a shiny Raikou as well so I’ll have to figure out some way to get both into my Home account. Joy.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Can someone explain how the special pokémon transfer thing works? I read the description on the main site but I still don’t get it?

Det. Viper

Can someone explain how the special pokémon transfer thing works? I read the description on the main site but I still don’t get it?
If I understand correctly only one of each species of legendary and mythical Pokémon are allowed to transfer out of each save file. Myself for instance caught Raikou in my game but also traded for another one. If I read correctly I can only transfer one of those two out of the game and into Home.

Autobot N

Are we freely able to transfer Pokémon from BDSP into SWSH?
The Serebii page says this (emphasis mine):

Pokémon HOME can connect with Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl in the Nintendo Switch version following the Version 2.0. Once connected, you have the ability to move Pokémon between HOME and Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl at will with few restrictions.

When you put a Pokémon into Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl from another game, its learnset will reset to the equivalent for its species in the game, so a Level 20 Pikachu will have the moveset it would if it was a Level 20 Pikachu caught in the game.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl have an extra limitation where you can only put 1 of each species of Special Pokémon (Legendary, Mythical) into Pokémon HOME from each save file.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
What determines the level that a Pokemon from GO ends up as when it gets transferred to HOME?
I think Pokemon GO uses a level 1-40 system, where the level is hidden, though you might be able to use a calculator.
I think half levels are also a thing, in which point, I think it rounds down (maybe up?).

Edit: There was an update that allows your trainer level to be 50, but I don't know if the Pokemon levels can increase to 50 as well.

Edit: The bulbs has a nifty chart for this.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The information release only said “coming soon” so it could be today, tomorrow, next week, next month… we have no idea when “soon” is for home compatibility
Lets hope that it will come out before SV news.. otherwise it means it will be released in ages....

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
The update for Home to include connectivity seems to be coming out in a few days with Home going to undergo mantainence tomorrow. Running staggered logins is quite nice foresight as no dobut players will want to use this feature when it goes live.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm just glad that we can bring pokemon from BDSP into Legends. I've been using doubles of my Sinnoh catches for my Legends playthrough, but once I level them up in the postgame I'll be able to use the real ones to help with battling Volo, the Kami Quartet, & Arceus

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So Spinda can't be moved to BD/SP from Home, eh? I'm pretty sure it's just a temporary setback.
Spinda is more of a novelty anyway. Most people are only interested in it for its various Shiny Patterns. The removal of Dizzy Punch pretty much took away Spinda’s usefulness in battle.

I can’t wait to move a Milotic into BD. I sold my copy of SP because I was tired of waiting for Home and I’ll eventually get another copy. Other Pokémon I’m transferring into BD are Spiritomb, the Shiny Murkrow I Hatched in Go, and Deoxys.