• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm pretty surprised I'm not seeing more comparisons to Bravely Default II, which had just come out for the Switch last week and keeps the exact same look as Bravely Default, with the big-headed characters but normal-proportioned 2-D art, just with a higher polygon count. It essentially looks like a DS or 3DS game scaled up to HDand with better models and textures.

Bravely Default II has its complaints, but they are mostly in regards to the story, not the art style (and to a lesser extent the voice acting for the minor characters). People seem to be liking how it looks but not the hackneyed nature of its story.
Not sure what the story part for BDII has to do here, but so far, Chapter 1 was a good trip.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I wonder what the prerelease bonus gift Pokémon will be. There’s been one for almost every game since XY: Torchic with Blazikenite, Shiny Beldum with Metagrossite, Munchlax with Snorlium Z, Own Tempo Rockruff for Dusk Lycanroc, and most recently Meowth with the GMax Factor.

I was thinking Riolu since Lucario is the most popular Gen 4 Pokémon but then remembered that there’s Riley’s gift in the main story. I’m thinking either Gible to mirror ORAS’s Beldum (which will be good especially if they go with DP’s method of getting it since it won’t be available nearly as early as it is in Platinum) or Togepi if they go all out with the “faithful remakes” thing since in DP, you get a Happiny Egg from a Hiker instead of the Togepi Egg in Platinum you get from Cynthia so they’ll make it available early.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I wonder if they will remaster the music, and if so - who? Since GF isnt charged of these games :/

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Is he the one who did Wally's theme?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I can only assume two things for sure about BD/SP:
1. No Game Corner. Due to gambling-related laws in... the EU, if I remember right? these have mostly been phased out. Instead, the Game Corner rewards will be scattered out in the world, most probably behind a tiny sidequest. TM29 will only be available on Route 211 (especially since I would imagine they would not go backwards on infinite-use TMs).
2. No usable Pal Park... simply because it wouldn't serve much purpose due to the use of Pokemon Home.

Autobot N

I wonder what the prerelease bonus gift Pokémon will be. There’s been one for almost every game since XY: Torchic with Blazikenite, Shiny Beldum with Metagrossite, Munchlax with Snorlium Z, Own Tempo Rockruff for Dusk Lycanroc, and most recently Meowth with the GMax Factor.

I was thinking Riolu since Lucario is the most popular Gen 4 Pokémon but then remembered that there’s Riley’s gift in the main story. I’m thinking either Gible to mirror ORAS’s Beldum (which will be good especially if they go with DP’s method of getting it since it won’t be available nearly as early as it is in Platinum) or Togepi if they go all out with the “faithful remakes” thing since in DP, you get a Happiny Egg from a Hiker instead of the Togepi Egg in Platinum you get from Cynthia so they’ll make it available early.
They wouldn't do it, but I'd love to see the Manaphy Egg as the launch Mystery Gift

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
He worked on HGSS, BW, B2W2, XY, & ORAS so I’m confident in this being a good OST
Despite having left Game Freak, I like that they still ask him to work for the OSTs. I guess that means Ichinose is working on Legends.

On a different note, I didn't like how he arranged the Let's Go soundtrack though. It sounds great but it's too orchestral. I hope he approaches it similar to how he did ORAS.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
They wouldn't do it, but I'd love to see the Manaphy Egg as the launch Mystery Gift
I hope so too, and I hope it's not a limited time one, so that anyone who doesn't get the game at launch, have a chance to get one. (This is in regards to anything that they do in terms of it.)

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I hope so too, and I hope it's not a limited time one, so that anyone who doesn't get the game at launch, have a chance to get one. (This is in regards to anything that they do in terms of it.)
But if you get that Manaphy you’d have to change your name.

I think that the Manaphy egg would be a great launch gift. I have 4 from Generation 4 that I hatched but did nothing with so they are just sitting in Home. But that would be a great gift to bring back the nostalgia of Ranger to those who have played it.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
But if you get that Manaphy you’d have to change your name.

I think that the Manaphy egg would be a great launch gift. I have 4 from Generation 4 that I hatched but did nothing with so they are just sitting in Home. But that would be a great gift to bring back the nostalgia of Ranger to those who have played it.

I've had one for years now lol. Just like the name.

Yep. It would be a nice one.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

The Azure Flute. It was never given out in its own generation; this is their next chance. Might interfere with Pokémon Legenda: Arceus though.

Alternatively, assuming the Pokétch returns, they could also release the Pokétch apps that were never distributed prior, namely the Stopwatch and Alarm Clock.

I can only assume two things for sure about BD/SP:
1. No Game Corner. Due to gambling-related laws in... the EU, if I remember right? these have mostly been phased out. Instead, the Game Corner rewards will be scattered out in the world, most probably behind a tiny sidequest. TM29 will only be available on Route 211 (especially since I would imagine they would not go backwards on infinite-use TMs).
2. No usable Pal Park... simply because it wouldn't serve much purpose due to the use of Pokemon Home.
The way the revamped Game Corner worked in Heart Gold and Soul Silver allowed you to still earn coins to redeem for prizes; it's just that the means to get the coins were different. They could easily redo it into an arcade, considering real-life arcades have redemption games that, functionally, aren't too different from a Japanese pachinko parlor.

Sooo is Maylene's father going to be addicted to freakin' Voltorb Flip now?

Hey, I was addicted to Voltorb Flip. I'd believe it!

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
The way the revamped Game Corner worked in Heart Gold and Soul Silver allowed you to still earn coins to redeem for prizes; it's just that the means to get the coins were different. They could easily redo it into an arcade, considering real-life arcades have redemption games that, functionally, aren't too different from a Japanese pachinko parlor.
Possibly. The Game Corner is gone from OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, though, so that's why my immediate guess is "it'll be gone." HG/SS was the last game with a Game Corner (which had Voltorb Flip instead of slot machines, and you could only get coins through Voltorb Flip, and couldn't lose any to make sure it wasn't gambling). Admittedly, this isn't much of a pattern to go off of, but... let's call it more "highly unlikely."

(Well, technically the Hoenn Game Corner exists in-world, but is permanently closed in-game and doesn't have gambling machines or coin trades or anything.)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

They could give away a Riolu with Aura Sphere since you were only able to get one by transferring from Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia