• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Pokemon Power

I am hopeful that the Battle Tower will come back, complete with Palmer as the big opponent there. As for the rest of the Battle Frontier, I'm not sure. In OR/AS they completely dismissed the original BF in favor of implementing the Battle Maison from X and Y.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I am hopeful that the Battle Tower will come back, complete with Palmer as the big opponent there. As for the rest of the Battle Frontier, I'm not sure. In OR/AS they completely dismissed the original BF in favor of implementing the Battle Maison from X and Y.
How was the battle tower in DP different from the ones in next games?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
In xy, SM, swsh we have battle facilities. Is the one in DP better?
Nope. It's just a plain old Battle Tower like Crystal's and RS's. DP doesn't have any special battle facilities, if we don't get the Battle Frontier, we're stuck with the same generic battle facility we've had in those games.

KillerDraco

Okay, unpopular opinion: I'd be okay if there was no battle frontier. Most of the non-Tower modes are too gimmicky (if not outright RNG dependent), and while they have some novelty at first, they become a major slog after the first few times. I feel like most people like the idea of the Battle Frontier more than its actual execution.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the Frontier after OR/AS didn't have them, but then again there's no way to know for certain until the games either release or they outright confirm/deny it prior to release.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Link

Q (Interviewer) : We noticed ORAS had a lower difficulty level compared to previous Pokemon games. What bought you to this decision? Any chance that future games will have the possibility to adjust difficulty level as seen in Black and White 2?

A (Junichi Masuda) : What? How come you've already played the games? hearty laughter [the games were supposed to come out in Italy the day after the interview] We created a "balanced" game that was suited for our time and age, where everyone is very busy and young people have various means of entertainment. Using smartphones and other devices they can access a great number of games, so the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past. The player can choose to keep on playing after the main story and continue to the post-game, where the difficulty rises and there are much more difficult Trainers and challenges to overcome.

Q : Why wasn't the Battle Frontier in the remakes?

A : This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging.

So yeah, kids are too dumb and want to play mobile games. Battle Frontier has a very low chance of coming back.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
All that sounds depressing. Having the games only be aimed at that audience and the competitive one, leaves other parts of the audience out.

Not everyone plays mobile games all the time, and even so, some people like some variety and challenge in a game.

To have it be stripped down to such a bland experience is both depressing and sad. :( (This coming from someone who didn't like all of the battle frontier. But at least it added to the game.)

Battling and item hunting leave little to be desired.

Last edited: