• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Somewhat related to Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. For April Fools Day this year, they've briefly replaced Pikachu on the 25th anniversary logo with Bidoof.

It's pretty funny. Got a kick out of it. XD

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
There isn't a dedicated leak thread yet, so I thought I would post this here: https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/42846319/#42846319. It's from February of last year, a few weeks after the SWSH DLC was revealed.

"I will be on here for 5 Minutes answering questions on my post.

Sword and Shield - Oh Boy

The next few games will be

2020 SWSH - DLC 1-2 +200mons
2021 DPP Remakes - Simple Remake, this will not replace SWSH - Sinnoh Dex + 100 more
2021 SWSH DLC 3 - releasing the rest of the missing pokemon + 3 new mythicals
2022 - Project Kingin"

Most likely fake, but it is interesting that they said "simple remake" which this appears to be (as opposed to a SWSH reskin like ORAS was to XY) and a 2022 project which could have been Legends: Arceus.

Just saying: Kin/gin = Gold/Silver, which probably wouldn't refer to L:A.

It's pretty funny. Got a kick out of it. XD

Song was catchy as heck. :p

Last edited:

jachimk

While November has been the month for releases, I can potentially see October being the month BDSP releases, to give it more time between the release of BDSP and LA. Especially if LA will be released in Early 2022 (Possibly February or March). What are your thoughts?

Pokemon Power

While November has been the month for releases, I can potentially see October being the month BDSP releases, to give it more time between the release of BDSP and LA. Especially if LA will be released in Early 2022 (Possibly February or March). What are your thoughts?
You know Early 2022 can also mean the first half of the year in general.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Reinhardt

My guess is November for BD/SP and March for Legends: Arceus, but it would be nice to get either a little earlier than that. I'm still undecided on whether to get BD/SP at all or skip them and go straight to Legends: Arceus.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
You know Early 2022 can also mean the first half of the year in general.

The fiscal year moves in quarters. For marketing and release, it starts in January:

Q1: January-March
Q2: April-June
Q3: July-September
Q4: October-December

Preliminary windows, of course, could flex the above quarters, and even intertwine. 'Early Year' windows may sometimes include April, but they virtually never include May or June. May releases are typically referred to early on as a 'Spring' release, while June is typically referred to as a 'Summer' or 'Mid-Year' release.

Early Year: January-April
Spring: March-May
Mid-Year: June-August
Summer: June-August
Fall: September-November
Late Year: October-December
Winter: November-December

Of course, these window names apply to countries in the Northern hemisphere, and are mostly used in the western world, primarily the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.

BCVM22

OR/AS - November
Sun/Moon - November
Ultra Sun/Moon - November
LGP/E - November
Sword/Shield - November

And that's going back seven years. Now, yes, maybe Legends coming hot on its heels changes the math a little, but if you had to pick one month to bet on, it's probably not October or December.

BR4VE

Omega Ruby Base on Route 118, Right Side Beach
Think we will be able to transfer Pokemon from, or to Pokebank, or Home? Will we be limited on what Pokemon we can transfer, because of move sets? Obviously, newer generation Pokemon, probably wont be able to transfer BDSP.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Think we will be able to transfer Pokemon from, or to Pokebank, or Home? Will we be limited on what Pokemon we can transfer, because of move sets? Obviously, newer generation Pokemon, probably wont be able to transfer BDSP.

I'm fairly certain we'll be able to transfer from BDSP to Home and vice versa.

Back in 2019 Masuda mentioned that Pokémon Home is meant to be the hub for all future Pokémon games. While I know we won't be able to transfer any 'mons from Let's GO to BDSP, I'm confident in saying transferring between SWSH and BDSP will be possible.

Pokemon Power

I'm fairly certain we'll be able to transfer from BDSP to Home and vice versa.

Back in 2019 Masuda mentioned that Pokémon Home is meant to be the hub for all future Pokémon games. While I know we won't be able to transfer any 'mons from Let's GO to BDSP, I'm confident in saying transferring between SWSH and BDSP will be possible.
Well, not all of them. A Pikachu caught in Let's Go can still be brought over to BDSP because we have confirmation that Pikachu is obtainable in it.