• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I dunno, one of the things I like about ORAS is being free to build my team however I want, even using newer pokémon. In my Omega Ruby run I did a run with only one starter of each region :)
Thats why I think that DP remakes enabling to use only gen 1-4 pokemon will be underwhelming

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Sales tax. I will be paying a couple dollars less by buying the double pack.

Okay! Here it's just relative to the price. So it wouldn't matter if you bought a dualpack or two seperate copies (granted that the dualpack would have to be the same price as two individual packages).

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I dunno, one of the things I like about ORAS is being free to build my team however I want, even using newer pokémon. In my Omega Ruby run I did a run with only one starter of each region :)

I want to use a Fire/Fighting-type starter on my team!
OmegaRuby: Yes.

Lets see if I'd do that...
1. Venusaur
2. Typhlosion
3. Swampert
4. Torterra
5. Emboar
6. Greninja

It's completely coincidental that this turned into a repetition of grass/fire/water.. Venusaur for the Poison-typing and good Mega Evolution, Swampert because it's awesome. Torterra because it's my favorite final stage starter, Emboar because it's actually the best Gen5 starter in general playthroughs and I wanted a Fighting-type. Greninja was a no-brainer and I needed a second fire-type so Typhlosion it was.

The only switch I could think of was Delphox and Feraligatr, but I'd rather have Greninja then Feraligatr also, Dark has more use in Hoenn then Psychic (Delphox) does.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
Every game that’s made are cashgrabs lmao.
Yes all games are cashgrabs yes TPCI is a business thank you so much yes. It still doesn't mean the consistent lowering in overall quality needs to continue or is justified (Which, for the record, there is no proof of this in BDSP *yet*)

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Megas were decently cool. Why not like?

But imagine if they brought in a new gimmick...imagine...
Imagine if they put Megas, Z-moves, AND Dynamax all in one game.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I never liked megas and I never got why they were so popular outside of competitive play. They only benefit very specific species.

Anyway, something I'm hoping for is some expansion on the Galactic plot though anyone who knows me would be able to predict this. And given how Cyrus has been treated lately in USUM and Masters...would it be too much to hope for that we be able to reach out to him on an emotional level? It worked in DPA and in Pokespe, after all, got him to reevaluate his life and what he was after.

Autobot N

Given the recent trend of Mythical Pokemon being catchable in games without events, I wonder which (if any) of the Sinnoh Mythicals would recieve this treatment? Darkrai seems like the easiest one since it has a pre-existing connection to a non-Mythical Pokemon.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Given the recent trend of Mythical Pokemon being catchable in games without events, I wonder which (if any) of the Sinnoh Mythicals would recieve this treatment? Darkrai seems like the easiest one since it has a pre-existing connection to a non-Mythical Pokemon.
I would assume Darkrai as like you said, it already had connections with another which was Cresselia where the former serves as its “dark counterpart”.

Although I’d prefer it if they were all available with some sort of mini-storyline especially for Arceus as the latter was originally supposed to be catchable at the Hall of Origin but the Azure Flute never got distributed over a lame excuse.

Autobot N

I would assume Darkrai as like you said, it already had connections with another which was Cresselia where the former serves as its “dark counterpart”.

Although I’d prefer it if they were all available with some sort of mini-storyline especially for Arceus as the latter was originally supposed to be catchable at the Hall of Origin but the Azure Flute never got distributed over a lame excuse.
I feel like Arceus wouldn't get any sort of mini-storyline since it's got a whole game for itself coming later.

I really hope they bring in the Manaphy Egg somehow. Maybe they could implement it as a gift Pokemon for when you link Home and BDSP for the first time

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I feel like Arceus wouldn't get any sort of mini-storyline since it's got a whole game for itself coming later.

I really hope they bring in the Manaphy Egg somehow. Maybe they could implement it as a gift Pokemon for when you link Home and BDSP for the first time
Doesn’t necessarily need one but just needs to be available ingame through some way without event as the required item never got distributed due to the lame excuse of something among the lines of “too complex and difficult to understand for players”.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Interesting point to make would that be that the Manaphy Egg was exclusive to the Ranger distributions. I'm not saying that the can't repurpose it, but I wonder if they would actually bring it back after all that time when it was initially used as a tie in promotion to a sub-series.