• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Pokegirl Fan~

Golden Queen
I still think we'll have a few post gen 4 Pokemon post game, with Sylveon being available throughout the entire game. Like how they included Johto Pokemon in firered/leafgreen.
493 Pokemon is much better than 151 (in Let's Go) though if there aren't any post gen 4 Pokemon.

Yveltal91057

Galarian Rapidash is amazing
I still think that we’re going to get the original 493 pokémon during the main game with all of the currently missing pokemon in Gen 8 being available in the postgame.

Last edited:

Julia Artemis

Yeah that's probably the case and we get the shiny charm after completing the regional dex. But in the 4th gen games we got PokeRadar to get pokemon we couldn't get defore and ditto with PokeNav in ORAS. So until proven otherwise I'm guessing we're getting that. Plus it's a bummer that some Pokemon are just stuck in Home and will be until gen 9, maybe

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Better than not having the third version content like ORAS.
Maybe. But I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it. Like I did with the expansion pass for Sword.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I will pay for any main game they release. I am a sucker for Pokemon haha
(Im talking about the main line games and not about the spin offs and moobile games etc... )

Akashin

Better than not having the third version content like ORAS.

I will forever maintain that ORAS' handling of the issue was ideal, at least for me. The issue of which evil team was the threat you were dealing with was no longer arbitrary because it was no longer a case of Team Magma/Aqua being heroes in one game and villains in the other, but rather a case of both being evil, but only one got given a necessary leg up from Zinnia to be able to move forward with their plans. Rayquaza still got a spotlight placed on it via Delta Episode, which remains my favorite post-game content to date. You lost out on having access to both Groudon and Kyogre and getting to see both clash, yes, but that was never entirely surprising.

I'm in the no-DLC camp. Not just because I don't want a Platinum Episode/Distortion World Episode/Whatever locked behind DLC, but because as Wulava said, timing is pretty tight for that sort of thing between launch and Legends. I agree that getting a Delta Episode sort of deal would be optimal here.

janejane6178

I will forever maintain that ORAS' handling of the issue was ideal, at least for me. The issue of which evil team was the threat you were dealing with was no longer arbitrary because it was no longer a case of Team Magma/Aqua being heroes in one game and villains in the other, but rather a case of both being evil, but only one got given a necessary leg up from Zinnia to be able to move forward with their plans. Rayquaza still got a spotlight placed on it via Delta Episode, which remains my favorite post-game content to date. You lost out on having access to both Groudon and Kyogre and getting to see both clash, yes, but that was never entirely surprising.

I'm in the no-DLC camp. Not just because I don't want a Platinum Episode/Distortion World Episode/Whatever locked behind DLC, but because as Wulava said, timing is pretty tight for that sort of thing between launch and Legends. I agree that getting a Delta Episode sort of deal would be optimal here.
You are wonderful

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

We did lose out on the Battle Frontier though, and there’s still no answer to that whole Looker popping up with amnesia thing

Pokefan_1987

#1 Biggest self proclaimed Rotom-Dex hater.
We did lose out on the Battle Frontier though, and there’s still no answer to that whole Looker popping up with amnesia thing
That was weird. Are they trying to move away from the Looker timeline before it becomes too cluttered for new fans.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I highly doubt that we'll see any post-Gen 4 Pokemon in these games.
The only two post-Gen IV Pokémon I see making it into the games is Mr Rime if regional form trades are available during the main story and Sylveon if the Platinum Dex is the one the remakes use.

mehmeh1

Time to crunch some binomials......with magic
That was weird. Are they trying to move away from the Looker timeline before it becomes too cluttered for new fans.
I mean they've pretty much ditched the whole multiverse stuff after USUM, seeing how Let's GO and SwSh never touched upon it

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The only two post-Gen IV Pokémon I see making it into the games is Mr Rime if regional form trades are available during the main story and Sylveon if the Platinum Dex is the one the remakes use.
I don't even expect to see Sylveon here. I think that the dex will be restricted to just the 493 Pokemon that existed at the time of DP's release.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I mean they've pretty much ditched the whole multiverse stuff after USUM, seeing how Let's GO and SwSh never touched upon it
SwSh sort of touches upon it in the Crown Tundra DLC. The Legendary and Ultra Beasts found in the Max Lair are implied to have come from a different place via a portal of some kind which explains why the Lair will change what is inside at random and why the UB have suddenly appeared in Galar knowing that they only come out of Ultra Space via wormholes and portals.

janejane6178

I think not having atleast Sylveon in the game would be really dumb and annoyin.
This evolution is part of Eevee now. Why do we need to regress backward? :/