• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Cheryl's Chansey appears to use Disarming Voice which makes me wonder if Fairy-type will be present.

YsHuaRd.png

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
i AM JUST GOING TO SHOWER, COME BACK AND SEE NEWS?
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss love u pokemon

ebevan91

Cheryl's Chansey appears to use Disarming Voice which makes me wonder if Fairy-type will be present.

YsHuaRd.png

The last Presents confirmed that the fairy type would be back. They showed a Pokemon that knew a fairy-type move like Charm or Baby-Doll Eyes. I forget which.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I won't lie, I gasped when I saw HMs returning. Until I read the comments learning that it's from the poketch app calling the wild Pokemon.

I love how poketch is part of our big screen, since two screens can't be possible. xD

Amity Square is nice, all six of your Pokemon roaming around!

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I like the solution to HMs. I would definitely rather see them streamlined than scrapped entirely. Otherwise you end up with very samey obstacles, like seeing those Team Yell morons every time the game wants to stop you exploring.
HM Puzzles were a huge part of the early franchise. We haven't had a decent new dungeon in a pokemon game since they cut back on HMs in Kalos.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I don't see why not considering ORAS kept it.

The matter of question is that there have been rumors to keep the difficulty the same as is in originals, the 493-only Pokemon, the faithful remakes and no competitive-play which made me question their return. Granted, LGPE didn't convert them into Normal which can be a counter-argument.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Gardenia is using her censored design from Masters. Shouldn't be shocked that's permanent, I guess.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Gardenia is using her censored design from Masters. Shouldn't be shocked that's permanent, I guess.
Candice definitely needs a updated design. Her skirt is uncomfortably way too short and would be even worse to see in 3D. Just lengthen it to be similar to a prep school uniform skirt and then everything will be fine.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Candice definitely needs a updated design. Her skirt is uncomfortably way too short and would be even worse to see in 3D. Just lengthen it to be similar to a prep school uniform skirt and then everything will be fine.
I think there are other male characters in Pokemon that need to be censored .... some of them having no shirt on.

Julia Artemis

The matter of question is that there have been rumors to keep the difficulty the same as is in originals, the 493-only Pokemon, the faithful remakes and no competitive-play which made me question their return. Granted, LGPE didn't convert them into Normal which can be a counter-argument.

We see Torchic in the Amity Park so guessing at least 493. Though still a question of whether we get Alolan or Galarian forms and whether we get evolutions like Purrserker or Obstagoon

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I personally love the updates we got, but I REALLY wish we’d have more customization options like we’re getting with Legends

How is it censored? It looks the same to me