• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Gen VIII definitely revealed less that Gen VII. I can't believe they were staying so tight-lipped about even considering patching in more pokemon.

Game Freak is more likely to hold back their big reveals so that thye have some positive articles on day 1.

But still, they show something new and glitzy ahead of time in Gen VIII.

The first SwSh trailer was very much all about how nice the world looked, and showing off the new starters. Rather than focusing on features. It didn't even hint at Dynamaxing, or show a lot of new mons.

But the second one was released three months before released an showed a lot more of the new pokemon, pokemon in the overworld, the Wild Area and dynamaxing. Lots of the major NPCs.

They knew it was time to introduce something really exciting and original, and that kaiju pokemon would be their big talking point.

The BDSP trailers have put so much emphasis on retro features like contests and ball seals, and not revealing much that is actually brand-new to the franchise this late isn't a good sign to me. I am certainly not expecting new forms or pokemon, since the box legendaries don't look any different.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Gen VIII definitely revealed less that Gen VII. I can't believe they were staying so tight-lipped about even considering patching in more pokemon.

Game Freak is more likely to hold back their big reveals so that thye have some positive articles on day 1.

But still, they show something new and glitzy ahead of time in Gen VIII.

The first SwSh trailer was very much all about how nice the world looked, and showing off the new starters. Rather than focusing on features. It didn't even hint at Dynamaxing, or show a lot of new mons.

But the second one was released three months before released an showed a lot more of the new pokemon, pokemon in the overworld, the Wild Area and dynamaxing. Lots of the major NPCs.

They knew it was time to introduce something really exciting and original, and that kaiju pokemon would be their big talking point.

The BDSP trailers have put so much emphasis on retro features like contests and ball seals, and not revealing much that is actually brand-new to the franchise this late isn't a good sign to me. I am certainly not expecting new forms or pokemon, since the box legendaries don't look any different.
I highly doubt we get new forms or new Pokemon, when so far it seems we dont even have post gen 4 Pokemon.... =[

masdog

The good old days weren’t always good…
So does this mean I don’t need to have a Pokemon dedicated to HMs in my party? Because I hate having an otherwise useless Bibarrel in my party during my Platinum playthrough.

masdog

The good old days weren’t always good…

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Cheryl's Chansey appears to use Disarming Voice which makes me wonder if Fairy-type will be present.

YsHuaRd.png

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
i AM JUST GOING TO SHOWER, COME BACK AND SEE NEWS?
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss love u pokemon

ebevan91

Cheryl's Chansey appears to use Disarming Voice which makes me wonder if Fairy-type will be present.

YsHuaRd.png

The last Presents confirmed that the fairy type would be back. They showed a Pokemon that knew a fairy-type move like Charm or Baby-Doll Eyes. I forget which.

Genos

Brilliant Diamond
I won't lie, I gasped when I saw HMs returning. Until I read the comments learning that it's from the poketch app calling the wild Pokemon.

I love how poketch is part of our big screen, since two screens can't be possible. xD

Amity Square is nice, all six of your Pokemon roaming around!

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I like the solution to HMs. I would definitely rather see them streamlined than scrapped entirely. Otherwise you end up with very samey obstacles, like seeing those Team Yell morons every time the game wants to stop you exploring.
HM Puzzles were a huge part of the early franchise. We haven't had a decent new dungeon in a pokemon game since they cut back on HMs in Kalos.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I don't see why not considering ORAS kept it.

The matter of question is that there have been rumors to keep the difficulty the same as is in originals, the 493-only Pokemon, the faithful remakes and no competitive-play which made me question their return. Granted, LGPE didn't convert them into Normal which can be a counter-argument.