• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I can confirm this as it took me so long to get a team ready to beat the Elite Four just so I could get a Murkrow that will have Prankster. It's so weird and stupid that it was only catchable in Kanto.
I nevertheless understood why so many of the new Pokémon introduced in Gen II were found only in Kanto or near it. Houndour is another Johto Pokemon found only in Kanto.

Julia Artemis

Gen 2 had a similar issue of not enough fire Pokemon before the post game if you didn't pick Cyndaquil. Even worse you couldn't evolve Growlithe until Kanto. It was such a dumb decision. So I had to use a Ursaring with Fire Punch as my pseudo fire Pokemon which kind of worked. Yay Rest Sleep Talk. Honestly excited to transfer it eventually

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The release date for BDSP is close to a month away. We’re probably getting at least two more trailers full of new information this month followed by the usual game coverage starting November 19th on the main site.
U think this month or the beginning of November?

Autobot N

Autobot
The release date for BDSP is close to a month away. We’re probably getting at least two more trailers full of new information this month followed by the usual game coverage starting November 19th on the main site.
I doubt that. My guess is one trailer this month and 1 trailer next month

janejane6178

Sylveon will most likely be in the games if the remakes use the Pt Dex and possibly Mr Rime depending how early we get NPC regional form trading.
That could be nice to see Sylveon.....
It will be annoying of them to just "forget" that Eevee can evolve into Sylveon.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
That could be nice to see Sylveon.....
It will be annoying of them to just "forget" that Eevee can evolve into Sylveon.
Agreed. I get why Espeon and Umbreon weren’t obtainable in FRLG with no internal clock and HGSS had no areas that could evolve Eevee into Glaceon and Leafeon. Sylveon is easy to program into the game as it’s now just a Max Friendship evolution with the added condition that Eevee knows a Fairy type move.

Pokefan_1987

#1 Biggest self proclaimed Rotom-Dex hater.

janejane6178

I like replaying DP every now and then and its already been a year since I last played it.
But I am stopping my self from doing so since BDSP are being released next month and its 99 % the same games..