• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
A thread to discuss and speculate about the DP remakes coming out this year! I’m hyped for Gliscor.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
A thread to discuss and speculate about the DP remakes coming out this year! I’m hyped for Gliscor.
I'm not sure if we even have a room for speculation if they stay true to the word "faithful remakes" does anyone remember they saying the same thing during ORAS released..?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm looking forward to digging for treasure again. Also wondering how they'll handle secret bases.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Okay, so...

To start, I’m a fan of the art style. People are already comparing it to the Link’s Awakening remake and for me it’s a positive thing. I get why other people don’t care for it though. I have a theory about the downgrade and outsourcing but that’s for another time.

But of course, like any good teaser this left me with a lot of questions. Particularly, what constitutes a “faithful remake”? Are we getting the revamped Sinnoh Dex with more than one extra fire type besides the starter or is it back to DP’s original 150? Are we getting any Pokemon from later generations (Sinnoh forms are looking particularly unlikely at this point but I won’t count them out just yet)? Will there even be Fairy type?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
It looks faithful to original, which is good. Anyway, I wonder will we get new Pokemon( Mythical) and Gigamantax/Dyanamax Sinnoh starters?

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
It looks faithful to original, which is good. Anyway, I wonder will we get new Pokemon( Mythical) and Gigamantax/Dyanamax Sinnoh starters?
You know, we might. I'm hoping they don't do mega evolution but if they did I would be fine with it if it had a turn limit on it.
Also, I seriously like how the are combining two art styles into both remake games.

Vernikova

Champion
They look awful. I haven't played a Pokemon game in years, and it looks like that will continue. I would go far as to say that Platinum looks better.

Like most people here, I started with Red and Blue, and it's a shame to see how far the series has fallen. Mario can still appeal to everyone, so I don't see why a game like Pokemon can't.

I'll reconsider when everyone already has their games and see what the players say, but it's not looking like I'll buy a Switch for this.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Swsh were the right step in terms of character designs and scale.. It was beautiful. Why couldnt they use that for DP remakes? Oh I know why, cuz they didnt put any effort in this. Cuz they wanted to focus on that open World game.

We cant even have the joy and fun of speculating about these games, cuz it looks 100 % the same game. Whats the fun in that?